6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   2014 Aston Martin Vanquish Problems (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/371682-2014-aston-martin-vanquish-problems.html)

gulf gt 08-19-2015 02:13 PM

2014 Aston Martin Vanquish Problems

The issues are in the process of being addressed.

telum01 08-19-2015 02:31 PM

You bought a used car. It's very likely that the car was being used for test drives, demos, and personal errands by staff.

I would *guess* that the car was received by the dealership with 98 miles, and listed as such, despite additional miles being clocked. I would *guess* that the listing wasn't updated each time the car was driven to reflect additional miles.

If this is the tip of the iceberg, where's the rest of it?

omegaSMP300 08-19-2015 03:11 PM

December 17th 2014? That was months ago 8 months ago. Why is this only coming up now? The damage to the car would have been enough for me to ship it back immediately and get my money back. Very unfortunate but it's a bit late now I think to do anything about it.

karlfranz 08-19-2015 03:14 PM

Umm, that's not the current mileage display. That's the total miles left until an empty fuel tank.

XJRS Owner 08-19-2015 03:45 PM

That is not the odometer showing 98 miles, it is range till empty (the odo is on the speedo gauge). Someone got confused when they took the photo as proof of mileage. That doesn't change the fact that someone drove the car 90 miles after the oil change and the other issues, particularly paint, which seems very severe.

cret 08-19-2015 03:49 PM

When did you install the Passport?

gulf gt 08-19-2015 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by cret (Post 4388324)
When did you install the Passport?

I didn't, it was on the car when I received it.

gulf gt 08-19-2015 04:22 PM

larryg 08-19-2015 05:22 PM

I would have put the car back in the trailer for it's return trip to Scottsdale.

deckman 08-19-2015 05:35 PM

2014 Aston Martin Vanquish Problems

Not to excuse the dealer for misrepresentation, but you were buying a used car. You should have spent a few hundred dollars and had it inspected by someone. That's remote buying 101. What is the dealers position on all this?

skywagon 08-19-2015 05:42 PM

That is my local dealer. I purchased my car used through them as well. I did inspect it in person though.

What has been Penske's response to this? Which salesman/dealer representative are you dealing through? Feel free to PM me if you do not want to discuss this here.

XJRS Owner 08-19-2015 06:51 PM

While the Vanquish is all CF, AM has lots of experience painting the several CF body panels on the DBS over a 5 year period and around 3500 cars, so AM have no excuse if this is a result of poor panel prep.

Swoody 08-20-2015 01:01 PM

Being a '14 car, bought from a AM dealership, certainly it has warranty remaining. There is no way they can deny a warranty claim on the leather and paint issues...the scrape to the diffuser you likely will have to settle with AM of Scottsdale. Although I did not purchase my AM (when I had it) from AM of Scottsdale, I had it serviced there as well as a few other issues taken care of (air bag sensors etc...) and always found them to be very professional.

telum01 08-20-2015 01:32 PM

Most of that will be covered by warranty. However, there's no excuse for them sending you the car without fixing (let alone disclosing) any of the damage. Was there any kind of PPI done? Any paperwork showing condition of the vehicle would help.

In my opinion, the vast majority of the issues are covered by warranty - so they should have been taken care of by the dealership while they had the car. They should make amends by paying to have the car shipped back, and then fix everything so you get the car you agreed to.

Originally Posted by gulf gt (Post 4388343)
Sorry, I was still uploading everything when you saw the post. I'm not very good at this...

Lol, yeah, that post grew substantially after I posted about it.

terminal_ac 08-21-2015 08:47 AM

Used car = caveat emptor!

As others have said, look to your warranty.

Side note: 8 months later is suspect.