Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V8 Vantage ECU Tuning Results - VelocityAP V2 & V3 Software Upgrades

Old 05-11-2017, 05:44 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Are there different tunes for stock, or modified?
I have a 4.3 with the factory power pack, high flow air filters, KH 200 cel cats, an X pipe and a Quicksilver sport muffler. Would like to buy the best tune for my car.

Old 05-12-2017, 09:13 AM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Gene G
Are there different tunes for stock, or modified?
I have a 4.3 with the factory power pack, high flow air filters, KH 200 cel cats, an X pipe and a Quicksilver sport muffler. Would like to buy the best tune for my car.
Yes Gene, I have headers, cats, exhaust, filters, power upgrade and LW flywheel/dual plate clutch and they even created one for mine that I have been very pleased with.

Old 05-23-2017, 10:33 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
I have put all of about a 2 hours on my VAP tune so far. I have only positive things to say about what has happened to my car. I won't say that it transforms the car, but the increased throttle response makes the car more eager everywhere in the powerband. Part throttle, full throttle, the car now feels like it wants to GO. I'd say that on the stock power pack tune it's happy to go, but now it's eager. The dyno curves earlier in this thread show the torque gains are over 3500RPM without changing the exhaust, but even stock, the engine feels torquier in the lower end of the rev range. Higher revs, I'll be honest, are a little scary but I like it . I don't know if it's just in my head but it also seems like the engine noise is louder and more aggressive. They even retuned a bit to get me more immediate throttle response off idle to help with heel-n-toe downshifts. What I have now is more sports car and less GT than it was before, a more satisfying and enjoyable car to drive. This tune has really renewed my love for the car.

Last edited by blue2000s; 05-26-2017 at 10:52 AM.
Old 06-11-2017, 11:53 AM
99Problems is on a distinguished road
For those considering this, I just completed the ECU tune on my 2014 4.7L V8VS, and I'm very pleased with it. Much like blue2000s describes above, the car just feels more eager to pull, at all rev ranges. I too feel like the sound below 3000K is louder, in large part because I used to hear a much more defined difference in noise at that point when the baffles open in Sport mode. Could be i'm hearing more engine grunt down low, and thus the exhaust note doesn't jump out as much? Either way, I feel like the car now pulls in the low RPM's the way its visual aggression would suggest. Thanks Stuart and V-AP guys. Very happy with this one and the Jag tune as well.

Old 06-12-2017, 10:49 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 99Problems
For those considering this, I just completed the ECU tune on my 2014 4.7L V8VS, and I'm very pleased with it. Much like blue2000s describes above, the car just feels more eager to pull, at all rev ranges. I too feel like the sound below 3000K is louder, in large part because I used to hear a much more defined difference in noise at that point when the baffles open in Sport mode. Could be i'm hearing more engine grunt down low, and thus the exhaust note doesn't jump out as much? Either way, I feel like the car now pulls in the low RPM's the way its visual aggression would suggest. Thanks Stuart and V-AP guys. Very happy with this one and the Jag tune as well.
Thanks very much for the review and glad you are so happy.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 10-06-2017, 03:10 PM
MikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant future
My review of the Velocity AP supersport muffler, secondary cat deletes, and tune on my 14 V8 Vantage... All fantastic stuff!

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4669830

Old 08-02-2018, 07:28 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Cranking out some sport cats here in the fab shop. If anyone needs MOAR POWER shoot us an email!

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 02-02-2019, 04:02 PM
Montana107 is on a distinguished road
WOW! I just installed my VAP tune on my V8VS - Quite a transformation! Very pleased with VAP's customer service and this product!!!

Thanks Stuart and Chris!!!

Old 02-19-2019, 08:41 PM
johnsons is an unknown quantity at this point
i just got my 2013 V8 Vantage SP10 6 speed mt. The 1st thing that i immediately noticed was the throttle response was very dull for the 1st 10%+. Does this tune fix that? I have read people say it helps the throttle response, I just wanted to verify.

Thanks!

Old 02-19-2019, 09:01 PM
Montana107 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by johnsonsmedia
i just got my 2013 V8 Vantage SP10 6 speed mt. The 1st thing that i immediately noticed was the throttle response was very dull for the 1st 10%+. Does this tune fix that? I have read people say it helps the throttle response, I just wanted to verify.

Thanks!
Yes it does!

Old 02-20-2019, 04:46 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by johnsonsmedia

Thanks!
We've had a lot of feedback confirming that it does. Everybody's 'feel' is a little different but I think you will be pleasantly surprised. We also have some changes to the throttle response when in between gears that makes heel and toe or rev matching a lot easier too.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 02-20-2019, 06:59 PM
johnsons is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
We've had a lot of feedback confirming that it does. Everybody's 'feel' is a little different but I think you will be pleasantly surprised. We also have some changes to the throttle response when in between gears that makes heel and toe or rev matching a lot easier too.
sounds awesome. Got any promotions happening right now? 😁

Old 02-21-2019, 09:48 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by johnsons

sounds awesome. Got any promotions happening right now? 😁
Not right now. We do have an introductory discount code for 6speed members - if you enter 6SPEED at checkout it will give you a 10% discount.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 02-21-2019, 11:32 AM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
This works without having a lightweight flywheel? I was thinking you needed the lighter flywheel to have better response when blipping the throttle for rev matching.

Old 02-21-2019, 12:06 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by davidm17
This works without having a lightweight flywheel? I was thinking you needed the lighter flywheel to have better response when blipping the throttle for rev matching.
Flywheel is an element.

But understand that these cars have throttle by wire. The response that the throttle has to movement in the gas pedal is programmable. The factory gives the car a lazy throttle response. Just changing this makes it so that the gas pedal doesn't have to move as far to open the throttle a given amount.

In addition, changing AFR will also add torque to the engine, at low engine speed, this can have an influence on throttle response.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: V8 Vantage ECU Tuning Results - VelocityAP V2 & V3 Software Upgrades