6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   Urgh!!! Just got hit while parked (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/374144-urgh-just-got-hit-while-parked.html)

koolkat1973 09-23-2015 02:41 PM

Urgh!!! Just got hit while parked

1 Attachment(s)
So I knew this would eventually come... my car just got backed into while parked outside of Starbuck. The impact was enough to crack the front bumper so I'm sure it will be quite expensive to repair. I am still steaming right now. I parked where no one is around and this still happen. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Can anyone recommend a body shop in the NOVA area that can restore my baby?

Attachment 428972

Old phart 09-23-2015 05:54 PM

Sorry to hear that. I don't use the drive through anymore as every time I looked in the rearview the person behind me was on their phone. Kept waiting to get hit from behind. I guess parking out front isn't 100% either.

Batman-76 09-23-2015 06:38 PM

Sorry to hear!
I used to take my SL63 to the Starbucks up the street and park in the middle of nowhere.
I came out one day to notice a huge hole in my front bumper, like a truck with a hitch backed into me.

Lesson learned, I avoid Starbucks in the Aston.

Hope the car that hit you at least left you their insurance information.

larryg 09-23-2015 07:17 PM

With my two new cars-Vantage and R8 safely in my garage, I travel to work, Starbucks, Home Depot, etc in my 11 year old Jeep. Never a worry.
If it gets damaged I may not even notice the damage for weeks.
Only way to live

Scotty4300 09-25-2015 07:46 AM

Thats NASTY
I go one step further--not only would I never leave my AM in a shop park but I would also not use my Audi Q5 which I use for huntin/fishin.

I take the wifes Audi A3 which is now collecting grazes and dings but she doesnt check it over so doesnt know where the marks come from.
She doesnt read these posts!!Anyway I bought it.
Is that mean?

IbisRider 09-25-2015 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Scotty4300 (Post 4405407)
Thats NASTY
I go one step further--not only would I never leave my AM in a shop park but I would also not use my Audi Q5 which I use for huntin/fishin.

I take the wifes Audi A3 which is now collecting grazes and dings but she doesnt check it over so doesnt know where the marks come from.
She doesnt read these posts!!Anyway I bought it.
Is that mean?

Mean? Depends on your wife. Some people don't really care that much. It's actually a very liberating way to go. My GTI just got a nice ding with no note. I'm pissed off about the lack of courtesy and honesty on the part of the offender, but the car has some battle scars and I'm ok with that. So I save my concern for my Vantage. And this story plus my GTI's new wound are reminding me not to park the Vantage anywhere ever.

SandmanG500 09-25-2015 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by koolkat1973 (Post 4404523)
So I knew this would eventually come... my car just got backed into while parked outside of Starbuck. The impact was enough to crack the front bumper so I'm sure it will be quite expensive to repair. I am still steaming right now. I parked where no one is around and this still happen. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Can anyone recommend a body shop in the NOVA area that can restore my baby?

Attachment 428972

Human these days are, SO, ****ed up.

Prefurbia 09-26-2015 06:48 AM

Hit last week

I have a similar post, but where I was hit (the black pad on the rear diffuser) I probably would not have noticed the crack until the next car wash, and even then the crack is not that noticeable - had I not witnessed the accident. I would have thought I had bought the car that way and missed the damage.

kensilver 09-28-2015 05:50 PM

I'm getting very small stone chips on the front windscreen only - nowhere else, even on the bonnet.

5 of them now in 2 weeks. Worse than car park dings since there's no-one to blame :)

koolkat1973 09-29-2015 07:59 AM

Quick update. She was dropped off at Tysons Corner Collision Center here in Vienna, VA. They are the only collision center in the area that are certified to do body work on our cars. However - it looks like the issue I will run into by doing through Geico is the hourly labor rate. Geico said they will only pay the area rate of $42/hr while TCCC's hourly labor rate is $100/hr. So I'm not sure how this will get resolved without me putting our $$$ from my own pocket. It looks like I will need to go to small claims court in Fairfax county to get this resolved. I will know more in the next couple of days. More headaches!!!!

CoreyC2S 09-29-2015 08:33 AM

That sucks! $100/hr seems fairly steep for body work, although if they're Aston certified I imagine their work must be top notch.

I was actually backed up into while in line at a coffee shop. The guy in front of me was trying to back up to make space for another car to move by in front of him, and didn't see me in his mirrors (he was in an Explorer, I in a BRZ). Put a nice big dent in my front bumper cover, but at least they gave me their insurance info and I was able to get it replaced pro bono.

Prefurbia 09-29-2015 12:32 PM

another incident-dent

As I was picking up my Vantage GT from a minor repair at Morries AM in Minneapolis a new V12S came in with a fender bender hit and run parking incident. Was parallel parked on the street and someone backed into the car - left a bit of a dent.

telum01 09-29-2015 01:22 PM

Did you see who did it? If you're going to small claims court, you'll need someone to sue (the person that hit your car).

Otherwise, you'll be fighting over policy with Geico, and I don't think that'd go well in court.

deckman 09-29-2015 04:48 PM

Urgh!!! Just got hit while parked

Can Geico do this? I hope not since I have Geico also. I'd hate having to go to war with them some day.

koolkat1973 09-30-2015 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by telum01 (Post 4407115)
Did you see who did it? If you're going to small claims court, you'll need someone to sue (the person that hit your car).

Otherwise, you'll be fighting over policy with Geico, and I don't think that'd go well in court.

Yes - I know who did it and we exchanged information. His Geico policy is actually paying for the repairs right now along with my car rental. The guy at TCCC is giving me a heads up that I may have to go to small claims court to get paid for the differences in labor rate should Geico refuse to pay that difference. You're absolutely right regarding suing the person that hit my car. That's what I will be doing. Hopefully - it will not come to that.