Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

'05 DB9 under $40k, what's wrong with this picture?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 06:50 PM
CoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really nice
'05 DB9 under $40k, what's wrong with this picture?

Gentlemen,

I've been poking around at DB9's for a good chunk of the year now just for fun. I had decided to hold out for a while because I want to wait to afford an '07+ with the Sports Pack, but I came across this very inexpensive '05 in Florida and have to wonder, what's wrong with it? It's the color combo I like and about the same price I paid for my 911, making it very tempting, but I have to wonder what could be lurking underneath. CARFAX shows no accidents but that doesn't mean it hasn't been in any... I can see the front bumper has a scrape on the lower lip from a curb or something, that the tires look worn and it of course has 51k miles, but considering I'm looking more for a driver than a garage queen that doesn't concern me so much.

Last edited by CoreyC2S; 10-27-2015 at 06:55 PM.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:59 PM
CoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really nice
Well, as I read this I checked their website to find the car has sold. Not worth much more discussion I suppose :-/

Old 10-27-2015, 08:22 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Early DB9s (and V8Vs) don't hold their value for crap. You can get them for a great deal. Don't be too scared off by miles, either. Focus on maintenance history, accidents, and signs of potential abuse.

Old 10-27-2015, 09:35 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I did not see any interior photos which leads me to believe that the leather probably wasn't great shape and the woods could've been all faded.

Old 10-28-2015, 04:10 AM
KOCF has a spectacular aura aboutKOCF has a spectacular aura aboutKOCF has a spectacular aura about
I saw and drove the car. It drove well with no major issues. Almost all of the miles were accumulated early in it's life, and the odometer shows less miles than does the CarFax which raised questions. It appeared that the car may have been stored for a long period. The grille and grill frame has damage, the front bumper is scuffed, but the interior is not that bad.

Naturally, there are no service records. The oil dipstick was the original, indicating the longer dipstick campaign had not been done. This made me wonder what else hadn't been done recall wise. The local AM dealer was less than no help in researching this.

In the end, I passed on the car as I felt there were too many unanswered questions. The wood on the waterfall was somewhat faded, but not too bad. Since the car was sitting unprotected in the hot Florida sun, I donated a heat shield to protect the wood and leather as I felt it might save a buyer from a common problem. They probably threw it away,, but I tried;-)

Old 10-28-2015, 08:18 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KOCF
I saw and drove the car. It drove well with no major issues. Almost all of the miles were accumulated early in it's life, and the odometer shows less miles than does the CarFax which raised questions. It appeared that the car may have been stored for a long period. The grille and grill frame has damage, the front bumper is scuffed, but the interior is not that bad.

Naturally, there are no service records. The oil dipstick was the original, indicating the longer dipstick campaign had not been done. This made me wonder what else hadn't been done recall wise. The local AM dealer was less than no help in researching this.

In the end, I passed on the car as I felt there were too many unanswered questions. The wood on the waterfall was somewhat faded, but not too bad. Since the car was sitting unprotected in the hot Florida sun, I donated a heat shield to protect the wood and leather as I felt it might save a buyer from a common problem. They probably threw it away,, but I tried;-)
That definitely explains the low price. Thanks for clearing it up!

Old 10-28-2015, 01:49 PM
Ekaplan1020 is a jewel in the roughEkaplan1020 is a jewel in the roughEkaplan1020 is a jewel in the rough
I wonder if it is the same one I was looking at a few months ago. Although they had a clean carfax, I ran an autocheck report on one in Florida for the same price and it showed frame damage reported at auction. There was no more information than that, but it was recommended by the inspector that I have the frame checked. They also showed paintwork on the driver door which made me question if they were connected. Regardless, I ended up going with a different car that was a bit more expensive but showed clean on both the carfax and autocheck. It's amazing how one report may show something the other doesn't.

Happy hunting.