Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Warranty expiring, buy a year of CPO?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 07:27 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Warranty expiring, buy a year of CPO?

My warranty is just expiring. I took the car to the Aston dealer and paid for the CPO inspection to see if they picked anything up. They ended up replacing the front plastic cover for the radio, both rear tail lights (condensation that I'd never noticed), and a coolant pipe. Best $365 I've ever spent. When I pick up the car they will pitch me on a year of CPO, at $3,675. I've never been a believer in extended repair contracts. What do you think?

Old 11-05-2015, 10:25 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by deckman
My warranty is just expiring. I took the car to the Aston dealer and paid for the CPO inspection to see if they picked anything up. They ended up replacing the front plastic cover for the radio, both rear tail lights (condensation that I'd never noticed), and a coolant pipe. Best $365 I've ever spent. When I pick up the car they will pitch me on a year of CPO, at $3,675. I've never been a believer in extended repair contracts. What do you think?

My 2007 Vantage is coming to the end of my Preowned Aston 1 year warranty.
I have had both door struts replaced and one rear shock. I was wondering the same thing. I have an appointment with my dealer next wednesday for my one year service. I have asked them for a head light to tail light check of my Vantage to see if anything needs any work.
Ron

Old 11-05-2015, 11:37 AM
spikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nice
Seems like a lot of money for one year of warranty. I doubt regular wear items like door struts would be covered. Seems to me like these V8 have so far proven pretty reliable but the warranty definitely gives piece of mind. Guess it all depends on funds.

I just did my first oil service on my V8v and it was easy, but almost stripped one of the filter screen torx bolts. So much aluminum under there!

Old 11-07-2015, 06:01 AM
FatFrank has a spectacular aura aboutFatFrank has a spectacular aura about
When the factory warranty expired on my DB9 I bought the extended warranty. I never had to use it, but it definitely helped with piece of mind, and would have been worth every penny had I had a gearbox or engine issue.

Best, F

Old 11-07-2015, 09:12 AM
Townshend is on a distinguished road
For myself the biggest question is it this car my daily driver? Do you rely on it to be up and running? If so, it might be worth it. If not, I wouldn't (I opted not to do CPO on my V8V but do on my Bentley CGT).

Old 11-07-2015, 01:23 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
It will be cheaper if you buy an extra two years per year

Old 11-08-2015, 10:54 AM
dsvantage is on a distinguished road
After eight months of ownership my 2009 Vantage just had an electrical failure which apparently will require replacing the entire fuse panel. I've also had a few other minor items like the passenger door not unlocking consistently, the fuel cap getting stuck, the rear parking sensors being unreliable, etc. All of those are being fixed under warranty. At this point I'm glad I got it, even though a month ago it seemed like a waste. It's certainly hit and miss, your car might be trouble free or it might have very expensive issues.

FYI Prefurbia is right, you will get a slightly better price per year if you buy two years of coverage. Also check whether you're getting the regular or premium coverage. And shop around, you can buy the warranty from any dealer in North America and it will be honored everywhere.