Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Having my interior center pieces done in carbon fiber

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 12:11 PM
anton28 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by MrCLOS
Very very nice! This is in my to-do list as well... I like how you chose to do it all the way through and not just the fascia. Make sure they do a very high temp clear coat on it.

I started here with a 2K high temp ceramic coat... hopefully the engine bay won't cook it.

Why would i need high temp clear for interior parts?

That looks amazing!

Old 01-13-2016, 03:25 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by anton28
I know you and i have been talking about this for some time. I finally just got around to it. I have two guys that i can refer. oCarbon that is doing this job priced right!

Ok. Thanks. I took a look at their web site. I'll reach out to them to see whether we can work something out. With a complete carbon fiber center console, I believe my interior will conform to my original vision.

Old 01-14-2016, 05:18 AM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
That wont be an issue. Its going to look factory However i did keep my top ski slope just in case and bought a damaged one on ebay that i sent to have covered. The other two panels are relatively cheap to find if i need to go back to OEM.
got ya! It's gonna look brilliant I'm sure.

Old 01-14-2016, 10:43 AM
MrCLOS has a spectacular aura aboutMrCLOS has a spectacular aura aboutMrCLOS has a spectacular aura about
Why would i need high temp clear for interior parts?

That looks amazing!
You may be right, it can be overkill. Property of Materials was not my forte at Engineering School.

I did this about 10 years ago in my first amg and after a while, the heat wrinkled the trim on the edges (dashboard/windshield area).

I was thinking about another added benefit in doing this... the extra CF layer closes the gaps all around. It is not a bad idea to add some extra padding in there. I'm about to take the whole thing off just to chase a rattle on the center console.

I'm sure I'm not the only one... Here is a SS of the service record on my car. The previous owner complained about it as well...

Old 01-16-2016, 07:28 PM
Markchip is on a distinguished road
Wrapping interior panels

I'm going to do something similar with mine... However I am a bit concerned that using a wrap or other material might just create a problem with buttons getting stuck in and not popping back out again. The alternative option is to get them done, not with a wrap, but using a water transfer printing method (just Google it!). This way there's no chance of buttons sticking. Plus it's cheaper than a real carbon wrap, though slightly more expensive than vinyl wrap. And I think it looks a bit better from what I've seen.

Cheers, Mark

Old 01-17-2016, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by Markchip
I'm going to do something similar with mine... However I am a bit concerned that using a wrap or other material might just create a problem with buttons getting stuck in and not popping back out again. The alternative option is to get them done, not with a wrap, but using a water transfer printing method (just Google it!). This way there's no chance of buttons sticking. Plus it's cheaper than a real carbon wrap, though slightly more expensive than vinyl wrap. And I think it looks a bit better from what I've seen.

Cheers, Mark

First of all this looks like ****. Sorry but true. You do this hydro dipping BS to your honda not an Aston Martin. With that said, when reall carbon is applied properly, you will not have any issues with fitment. Your installer will compensate for extra material added and sand down excess accordingly.

Last edited by anton28; 01-17-2016 at 09:02 PM.
Old 01-17-2016, 12:51 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Agree. Hydro dipping doesn't belong on an Aston; it's not a Ricer for chrisakes.

Old 01-18-2016, 01:10 PM
Before clear and after clear. These will get sanded down and shot with matte clear in a few days and then they'll be done. They sure look good in gloss, made me thing twice for a second about going matte but I cant steer away from the factory look.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3641.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	2.64 MB
ID:	437776   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3642.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	2.84 MB
ID:	437777   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3643.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	2.29 MB
ID:	437778   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3653.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	2.90 MB
ID:	437779   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3654.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	2.96 MB
ID:	437780  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3655.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	2.72 MB
ID:	437781   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3656.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	2.49 MB
ID:	437782  
Old 01-18-2016, 02:45 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Wow they look great. I like the gloss look also. Not much different than the gloss piano black I have now. This might have to be my next project.

Old 01-19-2016, 10:07 AM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Outstanding!

Old 01-19-2016, 08:24 PM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
Wow: outstanding indeed!

Old 01-20-2016, 05:01 AM
lenny1974 is on a distinguished road
Carbon parts

They look amazing, you'll have to upload some pictures once they're fitted back into the car. How come you didn't do the gearshift surround ?

I do hate the fact that the centre console, sat nav area and gear stick surround are all slightly different materials and colours.

Old 01-20-2016, 09:34 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Those look great!

Old 01-20-2016, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by lenny1974
They look amazing, you'll have to upload some pictures once they're fitted back into the car. How come you didn't do the gearshift surround ?

I do hate the fact that the centre console, sat nav area and gear stick surround are all slightly different materials and colours.
Because mine is an automatic

Old 01-20-2016, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by EZ Cookin
Wow they look great. I like the gloss look also. Not much different than the gloss piano black I have now. This might have to be my next project.
I love gloss piano black. I was going back and forth between that and matte carbon. Decided to go with something less glossy and a finish that matches my door handles. I hate how the interior of the DBS has 4 different variations of silver accents. This way things will be much more uniform.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Having my interior center pieces done in carbon fiber