Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V8V cat bypass Xpipe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 06:53 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER
See you next week Nick for my X-Pipe instal & ECU tune... Before and after dynos will be done for the 6Speed AM community. (apologies to Stuart)

Don't worry Dan looks like a great setup. I have been wanting to get this same product developed for some time, just need to find time to stop building turbo kits!

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 02-05-2016, 08:03 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
Perfect opportunity!

If you could measure both separate and combined with the tune that would be awesome.

So glad you guys came out with this solution. It really is the perfect exhaust system for the later V8s
That's the plan! Car comes in gets dynoed completely stock, parts installed dynoed again, then tune developed with end results.

I'll post a dyno comparing all three runs! It's going to be great, I am very excited to get this out there for you guys!!!

Old 02-10-2016, 07:48 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I think those numbers are probably about right. NA engines don't get the same kind of increases from exhaust as FI cars do.

I always hear people expecting massive gains from a tune, exhaust and maybe new headers. I've heard people say you can get an extra 80HP from add ons. As Telum said most people think the HP increased from individual components are linear. They aren't and you get diminishing returns the more you do. I think doing a bunch of bolts ons would yield 30-40 real HP, max. I would like to see manufacturers supply incremental improvements as each new component is installed.

Old 02-11-2016, 08:44 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
All power numbers from the X-Pipe alone AND tune with X-Pipe will be posted soon!

I can say that it sounds awesome and is posting some pretty impressive numbers! Our marketing team is hard at it getting the videos ready to post along with marking the tune available on the website!

I am running a special for the 6speed community only so please let me know who all is interested!

Old 02-11-2016, 02:15 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
Thats my car on the dyno. I just got it home and all I can say is WOW.
The car pulls like never before, especially between 4-6K RPM. Sounds amazing, nothing quite like it at full throttle (especially under bridges). No perceived difference in decibels at part throttle & highway speeds below 3100 rpm. The best of both worlds.
Nick is a great guy and he was very helpful. Fabspeed is a first class production facility that's just 90 minutes from NYC, 30 minutes from Philly. The best bang for performance buck I say.

Old 02-11-2016, 02:55 PM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by AXARUNNER
Thats my car on the dyno. I just got it home and all I can say is WOW.
The car pulls like never before, especially between 4-6K RPM. Sounds amazing, nothing quite like it at full throttle (especially under bridges). No perceived difference in decibels at part throttle & highway speeds below 3100 rpm. The best of both worlds.
Nick is a great guy and he was very helpful. Fabspeed is a first class production facility that's just 90 minutes from NYC, 30 minutes from Philly. The best bang for performance buck I say.
anything else done to the car or it's all stock exhaust system?

Old 02-11-2016, 03:02 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
smogclinic:
The secondary cats were replaced with Fabspeeds x-pipe.
Fabspeed did an ECU tune for me.
The car has the Velocity green air-filters.
Everything else (OEM headers/primary cats combo, and the V8 Vantage S exhaust is stock.

Old 02-11-2016, 08:10 PM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Dying to also see these official Fabspeed dyno numbers both before with just X-pipe and After with X-pipe + tune

Old 02-12-2016, 01:51 PM
Former Vendor
Here is what we have all been waiting for, we are very happy with the outcome!! I am running the special on both the X-Pipe AND the X-pipe with tune combo. Please contact me for special forum member pricing!

X-Pipe only
4350 rpm:+13 whp and +15 ft/lbs
5650 rpm: +15 whp and +14 ft/lbs
6752 rpm: +16 whp and +12 ft/lbs

X-Pipe With Tune
4250 rpm: +23 whp and +28 ft/lbs
5500 rpm: +21 whp and +20 ft/lbs
6572 rpm: +16 whp and +13 ft/lbs

Last edited by Fabspeed Motorsport; 02-12-2016 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-12-2016, 03:42 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
those are some sexy [power] curves

Old 02-12-2016, 04:09 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Good low end torque improvement!

Old 02-13-2016, 10:00 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Bravo!! Well done. Very healthy gains considering the primary cats are still in place.

I especially low how much smoother the exhaust note is with the X-pipe, and the gains are across the entire powerband. This is definitely THE new hot product on the market for he V8V!

Old 02-14-2016, 08:20 PM
ArtB is a jewel in the roughArtB is a jewel in the roughArtB is a jewel in the rough
What about an X-pipe alone for the earlier cars? I already have decat pipes, but would love to smooth the exhaust note some more.

Old 02-14-2016, 08:48 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ArtB
What about an X-pipe alone for the earlier cars? I already have decat pipes, but would love to smooth the exhaust note some more.
We have an '07 in the shop right now Art. Have to drop the torque tube and do a clutch first but we could fab one up for you in a couple weeks I'd say?

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 02-15-2016, 08:52 AM
Former Vendor
Thank you everyone for the kind words! We are very proud of this system and can't wait to get more on the street!!!

Let me know who is interested!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: V8V cat bypass Xpipe