Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

V12 Vantage S Modified Goodness... Turn up your Speakers. V12 Headers, Power Pack

Old 03-19-2016, 01:45 PM
vince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nice
Hi Stuart,

do you have a seem movie, but with a V8

Thanks

Vincent

Old 03-19-2016, 01:55 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
Here I am again!!! What a sound!!!

Old 03-20-2016, 10:44 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vince_1972
Hi Stuart,

do you have a seem movie, but with a V8

Thanks

Vincent
No, but we really should

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-20-2016, 10:47 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by terminal_ac
Here I am again!!! What a sound!!!
I know, right? I have found myself just listening to it in the background while I do accounting.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 08-25-2016, 03:29 PM
Basic Sponsor
Admittedly it is a short clip. But this one is insane. Installed by Enzo Performance in New York, this customer requested a custom sound level, so we ended up about halfway between 'Race' and 'Supersport', meaning more or less straight piped but through an XPipe silencer that had just a touch of perf in it to round out the sound.

I defy you to find a more 'F1' sound than this.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJYYLbHD...iveperformance

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 08-25-2016, 06:01 PM
sierraV12V is just really nicesierraV12V is just really nicesierraV12V is just really nicesierraV12V is just really nice
Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Admittedly it is a short clip. But this one is insane. Installed by Enzo Performance in New York, this customer requested a custom sound level, so we ended up about halfway between 'Race' and 'Supersport', meaning more or less straight piped but through an XPipe silencer that had just a touch of perf in it to round out the sound.

Sounds amazing! If I didn't live in california....

Old 08-25-2016, 07:12 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
That's quite the shrieking V12 sound, impressive in its own right, and maybe a fantastic sound for another car, but it really doesn't sound like an Aston to me any more. Dare I say, it might even be disrespectful to the marque. Never really understood people who want to completely change the sound or look of their car - why did you buy it in the first place if you want something so different? To each his own, but not for me, this one.

Last edited by spinecho; 08-25-2016 at 07:15 PM.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:01 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by spinecho
That's quite the shrieking V12 sound, impressive in its own right, and maybe a fantastic sound for another car, but it really doesn't sound like an Aston to me any more. Dare I say, it might even be disrespectful to the marque. Never really understood people who want to completely change the sound or look of their car - why did you buy it in the first place if you want something so different? To each his own, but not for me, this one.
I totally understand your preferences. We all like different stuff.

The idea that something is disrespectful to a marque though... listen, Liberty Walk widebody kits are not my cup of tea but if you spend the money and buy the car it's yours to do with what you please. I don't think anyone should curtail their enjoyment out of some idea of 'respect' owed to a marque.

To me, every car these days comes out pretty much an inch too high in ride height, the pedestrian impact laws make the hood too high on the leading edge. I don't see altering the car to your own taste to be disrespectful in any way, any more than choosing the colour paint you want.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 08-25-2016, 10:02 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by sierraV12V
Sounds amazing! If I didn't live in california....
This kit has passed Cali emissions. You can spec it with a milder silencer as well.

*Gentle nudge towards the ledge*

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 08-26-2016, 12:56 AM
007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of007 Vantage has much to be proud of
Sounds awesome! Is that stock 7000 rpm redline?

I would personally have added a resonator in there to get rid of the rasp a little bit but it sounds pretty damn amazing to me. Almost like the Vulcan but higher pitched (because of the small displacement)

Stu have you ever done the full front part of e exhaust system with headers, high flow cats and X-pipe but with stock muffler to retain some of the refinement? Would love to hear that combo

Old 08-26-2016, 07:17 AM
Ian_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to behold

This would do it.....

Last edited by Ian_UK1; 08-26-2016 at 07:30 AM.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:24 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light

This is my daily video to start the day.

Old 08-26-2016, 09:56 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Ian_UK1
That made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 08-26-2016, 10:04 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by 007 Vantage
Sounds awesome! Is that stock 7000 rpm redline?

I would personally have added a resonator in there to get rid of the rasp a little bit but it sounds pretty damn amazing to me. Almost like the Vulcan but higher pitched (because of the small displacement)

Stu have you ever done the full front part of e exhaust system with headers, high flow cats and X-pipe but with stock muffler to retain some of the refinement? Would love to hear that combo
I think that is probably bumped by 1-200RPM although the bump is mainly to allow you to take it right to the redline without hitting the limiter.

I don't think a resonator would make all that much difference, since there's already an X-Pipe muffler, which both merges the flow and has perforated tube in it (resonators are just small mufflers.)

We have done that combo for sure on a V8, not sure that we have done it on a V12, but that's a good option also.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 08-26-2016, 10:28 AM
Ian_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to behold
That made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up

The sign of a real car nut!

How they ever got that sound from a 360 I'll never know - absolutely spine-tingling.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.