Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vanity Plates on Vanquish, seeking opinions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 08:25 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by cmargosi
BMT 216A is great. Can't do it.

Same with LU 6789

I'm seriously considering MI 6 or OO SEVN

But maybe I just leave it alone. Car is showy enough without it.
Mi-6 would be good I think, if you don't like it then get rid of it just as fast. Cost just a few bucks to try it out.

I am mixed on it, for I would like to reference the same type of wording, but pretentious comes to mind and then you get the wanna be jokes which again takes away from the experience I would think. BMT though is great of course. Maybe watch the movies and see if there is a subtle thing you could put on there.

SSquirrel maybe?? or SCT SQRL That is what I was poss thinking, Look it up if you don't know the reference. That might not work for me due to day job though. Get made fun of for sure.

AGENT, or Just plain "Q" would be cool. You definitely wouldn't want to put "Gaydon". People here would think you are a gay Don. Haha

Old 03-11-2016, 06:44 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Why advertise your secret? Keep it stealth... NOTASPY

Old 03-11-2016, 08:01 AM
CoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really niceCoreyC2S is just really nice
Could just go for something simple, like VANQ or AMV12

Old 03-11-2016, 09:00 AM
dicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of lightdicktahoe is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by BMT216A
Terrible idea.

Actually the rotating number plate on the DB was BMT 216A of course but also LU 6789 which could work, and 4711 EA 62 which is probably too long.

Maybe too subtle? Not many recognize BMT on mine actually, which I like.
Remember, when the DB-5 came back in Skyfall, it had just the one plate, BMT 216A

Old 03-11-2016, 07:38 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by telum01
Why advertise your secret? Keep it stealth... NOTASPY
Like this one the best, People already associate the AM's with 007 Bond. So doing something in that realm will get likely bad attention or made fun of. However NOT A SPY works well. Plays to the heritage with Bond, but keeps things to an interesting level with probable compliments and laughs.

As long as you don't live in the DC Metro area

Old 03-11-2016, 09:28 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
As long as you don't live in the DC Metro area

Old 03-12-2016, 05:44 PM
eaw46 is on a distinguished road
My plate on my 2003 DB 7 VV is - DB 07

Old 03-12-2016, 09:16 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I have ASTON and LAGONDA, but on my vantage I have LND PLNR for when I go to business meetings or council meetings.

Old 03-13-2016, 07:56 PM
ncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to all
A play on the bond theme. I have a lot of good complements on it.

Old 03-16-2016, 05:49 PM
BMT216A has much to be proud ofBMT216A has much to be proud ofBMT216A has much to be proud ofBMT216A has much to be proud ofBMT216A has much to be proud ofBMT216A has much to be proud ofBMT216A has much to be proud ofBMT216A has much to be proud ofBMT216A has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by kensilver
BMT216A, tell us how you came to acquire that revered plate? Were you first off the mark a few decades ago, or did you sell your house to buy it?
Sorry for late reply. It was the standard Texas price of $289 for 5 years if I remember right. I just waited until they released the 7 number series and jumped on it as soon as they went on sale online. Result! Had it on the Bentley first as that was what I was driving at the time (about 4 years ago).

BMT 214A was also used on the Bond DB5 in Tomorrow Never Dies and Goldeneye. A good alternative.

Last edited by BMT216A; 03-16-2016 at 05:58 PM.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:33 PM
mindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to all
BMT214A - That's what I have on mine since BMT216A was already taken.

I like it and the comments I have gotten on it are all positive. TBH, most people don't get/know the reference and just consider it to be a standard tag so not "showy" at all in my opinion.

Old 03-17-2016, 04:23 PM
cmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of lightcmargosi is a glorious beacon of light
Wow

Originally Posted by Prefurbia
I have ASTON and LAGONDA, but on my vantage I have LND PLNR for when I go to business meetings or council meetings.
I have to be honest, I'd never take my nice car to a city council meetings. We have a company SUV for those types of things. How do folks react?

I'm the evil developer, of course, so perhaps safer for you.

Old 03-17-2016, 06:43 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
There are a ton of car enthusiasts in Minnesota suburbs, so it often brings up conversations with commissioners and decision makers. Since I'm the planner it also gives them the impression I must be good at what I do... Which I am. It's never worked against me.

Old 03-17-2016, 08:19 PM
SinisterSF is on a distinguished road
Did no one mention good old 007? I saw a picture somewhere on the vast interwebs of a Vanquish with 007 as the vanity plate. Made me chuckle, but I've got permanent plates so I'm not going to bother with vanity plates on mine.

Old 03-17-2016, 09:07 PM
I submitted 007 for vanity plate in Minnesota but they eventually said no go because number only plates reserved for police

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Vanity Plates on Vanquish, seeking opinions