Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

VelocityAP DBS Tuning Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 03:50 PM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
VelocityAP DBS Tuning Review

Don't think we have posted any information on our DBS specific tuning before, but we recently did one for a fine gentleman over in the Netherlands. I thought I would share his views:
Took the plunge and reflashed the ECU this weekend. Started with the Stage 1 RON98 profile, and the flashing went well (always exciting and hoping to see the process fully completed J). Did also check with my OBDII tool and no errors appeared (so far J), so all seems ok.

Then my first test drive……..wow, wat a brilliant tune! The first few minutes, while warming up, you don’t notice a lot of course, but when all temps were ok, I started driving a little faster, and I can not believe the difference: especially in the higher revs (above 5K rpm) the engine is much more “alive” then before, normally you were stimulated to shift early, but now you are teased to make more revs, it is much easier/smoother to drive (don’t get me wrong, the V12 was already very smooth to begin with, but still). It also “sticks” better to the gas/throttle then before, and the opening of the exhaust valves when you open the throttle more widely (>20%?) is a very nice bonus!

Drove to Germany and it was much more easy to get to higher speeds than before (reached 270 km/h easily, traffic prevented me to try higher speeds, but will try another time). Next I will try the RON102 profile (which has 1 additional degree of timing, right?).

All and all I am very happy with the tune (and will promote it with other DBS drivers I know J).

Best regards from sunny Holland

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 03-16-2016, 02:58 AM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
That's a positive thumbs-up from a fellow countryman!

Old 03-16-2016, 09:10 PM
skeena river rove is on a distinguished road
Zeker weten