Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

I finally did it

Old 04-21-2016, 02:50 PM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
I finally did it

Hello,

I'm finally allowed to post in an Aston Martin forum, what is already exciting for me.
My name is Tobi and I’m German who moved to Florida in 2010.

Since I went to Geneva, I remember like it was yesterday, when I saw the V8 Vantage concept car presented back in 2005.
I was literally frozen in front of the turning platform for over an hour and couldn't stop admiring the pure beauty of this creation. Every part was and is pure perfection and this is in my opinion Henrik Fisker's masterpiece.

Since this experience, I was pretty much brain washed with the brand Aston Martin and specially the Vantage model since I prefer the sporty dimensions to the elegant DB9 design. (wouldn’t mind a One77)

Till now I was pretty much a hardcore BMW guy with the dream of owning an Aston.
I own a BMW M3, Z4 and my wife drives an X5.
In the past, I used to own a Porsche 993 and 911 G-models.

I was mostly scared of the costs you need to expect to own an exotic car and kept the Aston as a wish in my head.
I researched the prices about every 6 months but just teased myself since I didn’t want to deal with 6k Clutch replacements, timing chain adjustments for 5k or thermostats for over 1k.

I read about the factory warranty what changed my thought about the exotic repair costs.

Another benefit was that my wife got sick and tired over the years of me not shutting up for days when I saw any Aston Martin.

I set my budget and it took me around 5 months and some budget stretch to find the perfect car.

My requirements made it hard to find one quickly
Must have: No black exterior color (Stratus white or meteorite silver preferred), 2009 or 2010, Manual transmission, sub 30k miles in budget
Nice to have: Sport package, Premium sound and wouldn’t mind GPS and heated seats.

IT WAS WORTH IT!
She has 9k miles, everything I was looking for and even nice to have options.

I traveled to Texas last weekend, purchased my dream car and drove her during the afternoon before I dropped her off at the Aston Dealer for the annual service.

The dealer shared some pictures of her waiting to be picked up.

Now she is in transition to Florida and I'm very excited to welcome her.

Last edited by Zettinger; 04-21-2016 at 07:30 PM.
Old 04-21-2016, 05:16 PM
zuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to beholdzuman is a splendid one to behold
Well done!
She looks beautiful!
One of the great pleasures of owning an Aston Martin, as you probably suspect, is that you won't only feel good when driving it. Best wishes, and welcome to the club!

Old 04-21-2016, 07:11 PM
Montana107 is on a distinguished road
congratulations!

Old 04-21-2016, 07:16 PM
07sportspack will become famous soon enough
Yep- Really nice Aston to enjoy in the Florida sunshine! Welcome

Old 04-21-2016, 07:20 PM
impulsiv is a jewel in the roughimpulsiv is a jewel in the roughimpulsiv is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Zettinger

Since I went to Geneva, I remember like it was yesterday, when I saw the V8 Vantage concept car presented back in 2005.
I was literally frozen in front of the turning platform for over an hour and couldn't stop admiring the pure beauty of this creation. Every part was and is pure perfection and this is in my opinion Henrik Fisker's masterpiece.

Totally agree.

Your car look very similar to mine: same year, transmission, options, interior...except for the exterior color

Old 04-21-2016, 07:37 PM
ncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to allncamv8 is a name known to all
Welcome. Make sure you remove fuse 22! and listen to that wonderful sound. it's very addictive.

Old 04-21-2016, 08:06 PM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by zuman
Well done!
She looks beautiful!
One of the great pleasures of owning an Aston Martin, as you probably suspect, is that you won't only feel good when driving it. Best wishes, and welcome to the club!
Thank you!
My wife already asked when I will move in the garage.

Originally Posted by Montana107
congratulations!
Thank you! I can't wait till she is here.
The good part is the shipping company seems very quick. Vitally (driver) picked her up this morning and is planing to be at my house tomorrow night or Saturday morning.

Originally Posted by 07sportspack
Yep- Really nice Aston to enjoy in the Florida sunshine! Welcome
Thank you!
Where in FL are you located? Any local meets? I plan to drive her!

Originally Posted by impulsiv
Totally agree.

Your car look very similar to mine: same year, transmission, options, interior...except for the exterior color
You have my second color of choice. I was looking for white or grey. Gorgeous car! If you would live close, I wouldn't need to purchase one. Just wash and admire yours.

Originally Posted by ncamv8
Welcome. Make sure you remove fuse 22! and listen to that wonderful sound. it's very addictive.
Would love to but the previous owner invested in an QuickSilver exhaust.
The sound is amazing but fuse trick will not work anymore! Always loud!

I never heard an 4.7l stock exhaust, no matter with our without fuse, live.
I test drove, probably the most beat up in the US for sale, Aston around 1.5 weeks ago. But this was a 4.3 SS roadster. Even OEM, the sound was amazing!

Old 04-22-2016, 01:25 AM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
Congrats! You'll never look back. I dabbled in other marquees also but now I'm completely head over heels..

Your car is beautiful.. I really love the Vantage in white. Welcome to the forum.

Cheers!

Old 04-22-2016, 08:48 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Congrats!

Old 04-22-2016, 10:12 AM
PK_Vantage is on a distinguished road
Congrats! She's a beauty!!

I too came from M3 and 993. But AM Vantage is to another level of its own.

Old 04-22-2016, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by speedracer800
Congrats! You'll never look back. I dabbled in other marquees also but now I'm completely head over heels..

Your car is beautiful.. I really love the Vantage in white. Welcome to the forum.

Cheers!
Thank you! Great to learn from experience. I hope she is reliable.

Originally Posted by telum01
Congrats!
Thank you!

Originally Posted by PK_Vantage
Congrats! She's a beauty!!

I too came from M3 and 993. But AM Vantage is to another level of its own.
Yes she is. I'm looking forward to see what she has to offer.

Old 04-22-2016, 02:19 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice, I also just got a 2009 Meteorite Grey over the winter... Like you I was mesmerized by the Vantage when it first came out but could not find the funds... 10 yrs later, price is down and a little more funds available for toys. Congrats and hope you have a great summer

Old 04-22-2016, 08:02 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
She's a beauty! This is where all us crazy Aston owners hang out!

Old 04-23-2016, 06:47 AM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats !

Old 04-24-2016, 08:53 PM
Speedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud ofSpeedraser has much to be proud of
Big congrats and great spec (except for color, same as mine ). About your reliability question, I've had my '09 Vantage from new, and it's been nearly perfect.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I finally did it