Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

EGR delete

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2018, 04:41 AM
TR-Spider is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the data.
If I read the table correct, then there is EGR is ONLY active from idle to 3000 rpm when the load (TQ) is below 267NM.
Above 3100 rpm and/or TQ>267 NM the is NO active EGR.
That somewhat makes sense, because the emissions will be measured at low power/rpm usually.

Old 04-29-2018, 02:15 PM
rmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of lightrmrmd1956 is a glorious beacon of light
Yes, not at idle but active at part throttle closed loop operation. Has no effect during aggressive driving.

Old 02-21-2019, 08:39 AM
bunob is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by telum01
I've done it on a few other cars, and thought about doing it a while back on my '07 just to simplify things. Mechanically it should be super easy to do: pull out the EGR module and tube to the exhaust manifold. Fab a delete plate for the EGR-to-intake manifold opening and another for the tube-to-exhaust manifold opening. So long as it's tuned for it, it shouldn't be a problem. Not sure if the system can detect the missing EGR module itself (if so, you might need a resistor plugged into the wiring harness where the EGR module plugs in). Easy test would be to unplug the wiring harness to the EGR module and see if your car throws a new code for that.
With the V-Tech ECU Tune I ask for the EGR delete : can I pull out the EGR module (and Fab a delete plate for the EGR-to-intake manifold opening) without any default on the dash board ?

Old 02-21-2019, 10:33 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bunob
With the V-Tech ECU Tune I ask for the EGR delete : can I pull out the EGR module (and Fab a delete plate for the EGR-to-intake manifold opening) without any default on the dash board ?
You don't need to pull the EGR module out, just blank it off with a 22mm threaded hex cap screw. We can code it out.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
Office: (1)250-485-5126
www.velocityap.com
Old 02-22-2019, 01:08 AM
Thanks Stuart,

I've the ECU Tune with EGR delete and I've installed a plug but I need to remove the EGR and I want to know if I have a fault code or a warning light.

Thanks

Old 02-22-2019, 09:25 AM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Thanks Stuart,

I've the ECU Tune with EGR delete and I've installed a plug but I need to remove the EGR and I want to know if I have a fault code or a warning light.

Thanks
AFAIK you can completely remove the EGR system and use a blank plate to seal the opening. The EGR delete tune will prevent any warning lights.

Old 02-22-2019, 10:08 AM
Basic Sponsor
Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Stuart@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Thanks Stuart,

Thanks
Not sure I understand 'remove the EGR' - you are talking about blanking off the hole on the headers?

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 02-23-2019, 03:08 AM

This is what I want to do...

Old 02-24-2019, 11:56 AM
Basic Sponsor

This is what I want to do...
So, if you have our Gen 1 headers, they do include the take off point for EGR on the headers. Our Gen 2 headers delete this entirely. Blanking off the port on the header, and inserting a bung into the hole on the EGR will disable the system, and if you have our ECU Tuning set up for this, will not throw any DTC codes. There's no need to remove the actual EGR unit from the engine.

206 Maple Avenue
Oliver, BC
Canada V2A 4W6
www.velocityap.com
Old 02-27-2019, 12:22 PM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
Of, course you could always put a catch can in the car, that would solve almost all the problems associated w/EGR's.

Old 02-28-2019, 03:57 AM
What does DPFE mean?

Old 02-28-2019, 01:11 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
What does DPFE mean?

Delta Pressure Feedback Exhaust
Monitors EGR flow

Old 02-28-2019, 01:55 PM
Thanks !

Old 03-11-2019, 09:55 AM
I want to do as Richard :
1 - Delete EGR
2 - Delete the AOS and install a oil catch can (like the GT4)

Last edited by bunob; 03-11-2019 at 09:57 AM.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:12 AM
I want to do as Richard :
1 - Delete EGR
2 - Delete the AOS and install a oil catch can (like the GT4)
I have no issues with deleting the EGR, but I would keep the AOS while installing a catch can.
My 2 cents

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EGR delete