Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Spacers on 2010 Sport Pack car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 06:56 PM
rhart6 is on a distinguished road
Spacers on 2010 Sport Pack car

Are there any issues with putting spacer on a V8VS. I want to fill up the wheel well a bit. If good to go what are the sizes the board recommends?
It does have the 19's.
Thanks
Rick

Old 05-04-2016, 08:13 PM
impulsiv is a jewel in the roughimpulsiv is a jewel in the roughimpulsiv is a jewel in the rough
also interested

Old 05-04-2016, 08:47 PM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
I just ordered H&R 23mm spacers for the rear for my 09 sport package Vantage.

I'm not sure about the front since you need to replace the studs, most spacers not offer.

The rsc 15mm spacers run over $300 for two disks but come with replacement studs.

Old 05-04-2016, 09:12 PM
rhart6 is on a distinguished road
Hi Tobias
Seems like replacement studs are important after reading about owners having to grind on studs to get fitment.
I am anxious to hear from you on my post "New to me 2010 V8". That is the white car you were looking at. I'd like to get your input on a couple of things.
Hope to hear from you on that thread
Cheers
Rick

Old 05-05-2016, 05:01 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
The VCollection also sells spacers and studs for the Vantage

https://www.vcollection.com/products.../Wheel_spacers

Old 05-05-2016, 07:34 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by handyman2009
The VCollection also sells spacers and studs for the Vantage

https://www.vcollection.com/products.../Wheel_spacers
I need to adjust to the Aston part prices.

15mm spacers for $350?!

I ordered original H&R 23mm new for under $150 for my Aston.
They at least have safety regulations approved and German TUV.

Old 05-05-2016, 07:43 AM
Jeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to behold
My 2007 Vantage is lowered on H&R springs and has the RSC spacers and studs, 15mm in front and 20mm in back. They were on my car when I bought it so I don't know how difficult they are to install.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	13147759_1131754536846622_1783795803978721787_o.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	254.4 KB
ID:	447725  
Old 05-05-2016, 07:53 AM
Originally Posted by Jeff_335i
My 2007 Vantage is lowered on H&R springs and has the RSC spacers and studs, 15mm in front and 20mm in back. They were on my car when I bought it so I don't know how difficult they are to install.
That is perfect! Your car looks amazing.

Old 05-05-2016, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by Powerbeautysoul91
Hi Tobias
Seems like replacement studs are important after reading about owners having to grind on studs to get fitment.
I am anxious to hear from you on my post "New to me 2010 V8". That is the white car you were looking at. I'd like to get your input on a couple of things.
Hope to hear from you on that thread
Cheers
Rick
The H&R DRM comes with studs in the spacers.

You mount the spacer with the new nuts on the hub and the wheel mounts with the OEM nuts on the spacer studs.

That is fine for the rear, however I think 23mm is too much for the front.
I assume 23mm are required to provide clearance of the hub studs.

If you want to go less that 23mm you are required to change the studs on the car.

Old 05-05-2016, 01:05 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
I believe the general consensus is 20 mm on the rear and 13 mm on the front. You have two choices, go with Adaptec and grind of the excess studs, of get the kit that requires you to replace the studs. I believe the Adaptec units are cheaper

Old 05-05-2016, 01:51 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by embdenb
I believe the general consensus is 20 mm on the rear and 13 mm on the front. You have two choices, go with Adaptec and grind of the excess studs, of get the kit that requires you to replace the studs. I believe the Adaptec units are cheaper
The studs are not excess. In the front, they end up being too short for installation of a spacer, while in the rear, the nuts used to attach the adapter to the hub stand proud of the adapter surface if the adapter is less than 23 mm, give or take. The 'too long' OEM studs are able to fit within the wheel pockets that are between each of the stud holes.

Old 05-05-2016, 05:51 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
The studs are not excess. In the front, they end up being too short for installation of a spacer, while in the rear, the nuts used to attach the adapter to the hub stand proud of the adapter surface if the adapter is less than 23 mm, give or take. The 'too long' OEM studs are able to fit within the wheel pockets that are between each of the stud holes.
Not sure you are entirely right on this. I just had spacers from Adaptec put on. Contrary to popular belief, the pockets in the stock rim will not receive the excsss stud lengths. The pockets angle towards the center. The Adaptec came with studs attached and I had to cut both the front and rear studs because the excess would not fit in the rim pockets

Old 05-16-2016, 08:34 AM
Here some pictures with the rear 23mm H&R spacers installed on a sport package Vantage.

Love it! Shouldn't be more or less.

Old 05-16-2016, 09:25 AM
One other thing to consider when installing hub centric adapters (spacers)
You are changing the camber of the front and rear suspension. Aston Martins have very little camber adjustment margins on the rear wheels.
IMHO, anything more than 20mm on the rear wheels stretches the limit of the camber adjustment.

Old 05-16-2016, 10:59 AM
impulsiv is a jewel in the roughimpulsiv is a jewel in the roughimpulsiv is a jewel in the rough
@ Zettinger: your car has no spacers up front and is on stock springs, right? Any rubbing issues in the back?

@embdenb: I don't see how adding spacers can affect camber

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Spacers on 2010 Sport Pack car