6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   Is there anyway to raise the seat in V8? (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/390684-there-anyway-raise-seat-v8.html)

rhart6 05-18-2016 04:28 PM

Is there anyway to raise the seat in V8?

Despite the fact I'm 6-1 I would like a little more height on the seat bottom so I can at least come a bit closer to seeing my front corners. Something we racers seem to like. Has anyone raised the driver seat in a 4.7? I can't be the only one that feels it is too low. Most cars across the pond go forward and back on an angle so you can raise or lower the entire seat. The AM only travels in what is close to a line parallel to the ground so I wish it had a up and down button. I have the memory seats.
Thanks in advance

telum01 05-18-2016 04:51 PM

Add spacers between the floor and the rails, bolt the seat back in with longer bolts to account for the spacers. Can do it in 20 minutes if you've got the spacers and bolts ready to go.

Mathman85 05-18-2016 05:42 PM

... it does have an up and down button. Press the lower button upwards and the seat will go up (unless it's already maxed, of course).

rhart6 05-18-2016 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by telum01 (Post 4517317)
Add spacers between the floor and the rails, bolt the seat back in with longer bolts to account for the spacers. Can do it in 20 minutes if you've got the spacers and bolts ready to go.

Is it as easy as it sounds? Can I use a larger size nut for the spacer?

telum01 05-18-2016 05:53 PM

Yeah, I thought it was pretty easy to pull the seat out completely (hardest part was unplugging the various wiring harness connectors). You don't have to pull it out or disconnect anything - just pull the bolts, tilt the seat, put a spacer in, set the seat back down, use a longer bolt to refasten it.

I wouldn't use an over-sized nut for it due to safety concerns.

rhart6 05-18-2016 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mathman85 (Post 4517337)
... it does have an up and down button. Press the lower button upwards and the seat will go up (unless it's already maxed, of course).

Ha. I started to write you that I have that button but it doesn't do up and down. Before writing this I went out and thought I would try it one more time. It was just now that I discovered a little trick. If you take one finger and push up or down it seems to trigger back and forth. BUT if you take two fingers and put one on each end of the rather long button and push up or down with both fingers it triggers the desired up and down. This missive may help others or make me look real stupid. Or both. :D

Mathman85 05-18-2016 08:31 PM

I'm 5'7. If I hadn't figured that out, I probably wouldn't be able to drive the car. LOL

Did that get you the height you needed?

shootermcgav1n 05-18-2016 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mathman85 (Post 4517383)
I'm 5'7. If I hadn't figured that out, I probably wouldn't be able to drive the car. LOL

Did that get you the height you needed?

hilarious I was about to say I'm the same height and have test driven a couple, both of which I had been able to raise the seat on.

rhart6 05-18-2016 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by shootermcgav1n (Post 4517391)
hilarious I was about to say I'm the same height and have test driven a couple, both of which I had been able to raise the seat on.

I had an 08 V8 that was never a problem. I guess oldfartedness has set in. Driving position is now comfy. I'm mainly a Porsche guy and am used to seeing the front corners which will never happen in the AM. The trade off for that beautiful contour and the sorta mid engine neutral handling is well worth it. :)

Zettinger 05-18-2016 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Powerbeautysoul91 (Post 4517377)
Ha. I started to write you that I have that button but it doesn't do up and down. Before writing this I went out and thought I would try it one more time. It was just now that I discovered a little trick. If you take one finger and push up or down it seems to trigger back and forth. BUT if you take two fingers and put one on each end of the rather long button and push up or down with both fingers it triggers the desired up and down. This missive may help others or make me look real stupid. Or both. :D

Thank god. I already pictured you at 6.1ft with 4ft legs in a recliner seat.

rhart6 05-18-2016 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Zettinger (Post 4517397)
Thank god. I already pictured you at 6.1ft with 4ft legs in a recliner seat.

Hey its not funny trying to buy jeans with a waist size of 34 and inseam of 26. Easier however than trying to drive my 6 speed V8 with those big wood extension blocks on the pedals. :D

mkzhang 05-19-2016 06:11 AM

Man I was about to say, I'm 5'5 and compare to you, I'm probably not even visible to the people outside the car when I'm behind the wheel lol

shootermcgav1n 05-19-2016 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by mkzhang (Post 4517459)
Man I was about to say, I'm 5'5 and compare to you, I'm probably not even visible to the people outside the car when I'm behind the wheel lol

lol short ppl problems, the struggle is definitely real. :D

rhart6 05-19-2016 08:11 AM

Did anyone ever notice the notch in the forward center portion of the roof? It is a knock out panel for the factory option periscope for buyers under 6'5". :)

ncamv8 05-19-2016 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Powerbeautysoul91 (Post 4517490)
Did anyone ever notice the notch in the forward center portion of the roof? It is a knock out panel for the factory option periscope for buyers under 6'5". :)

I always thought that was the ejector seat option hilarious