6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   Port / Customs clearence (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/391074-port-customs-clearence.html)

Zinful 05-25-2016 06:43 AM

Port / Customs clearence

Does anyone know how long it should take to move a car through all of the US port and customs bureaucracy? My Vanquish arrived in Baltimore on Tuesday ... ah, patience and such virtues are becoming vanishingly scarce at this point.

telum01 05-25-2016 07:50 AM

I'd assume cars take longer, but my shipments from England get through within 24 hrs or so.

speedracer800 05-25-2016 10:47 AM

My sympathies.. I can only imagine the anguish. Congrats.. Do you have any pictures since it was finished?

mkzhang 05-25-2016 11:24 AM

At least it wasnt in port during the longshoreman strike last year :p

Zinful 05-25-2016 01:31 PM

No pictures as yet. I fear my preferences will be rather unpopular here; it is neither black, silver, nor white. I wonder if the Customs people will either reject it or send it back to Gaydon for a proper respray. Failing that it is to be Chiltern green with Kestrel leather and Parliment carpets...' surely will stand out at an Aston event.

randyb 05-25-2016 02:46 PM

Well when Scuderia sent my headlights to me, that sent them as if I was a business through DHL, it took 3 weeks for me to get them and a lot of headaches.

Who is your importer, they should know.

speedracer800 05-25-2016 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Zinful (Post 4520244)
No pictures as yet. I fear my preferences will be rather unpopular here; it is neither black, silver, nor white. I wonder if the Customs people will either reject it or send it back to Gaydon for a proper respray. Failing that it is to be Chiltern green with Kestrel leather and Parliment carpets...' surely will stand out at an Aston event.

Sounds fantastic.. Very classic British. Kudos for ordering the car you wanted. I much prefer the tan leather to black as well.. Of course impossible to find. Please post some pictures when it arrives. Congrats!

DonL 05-27-2016 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Zinful (Post 4520244)

Congratulations on a great color combination...that's a rare exterior color selection for a modern Aston!
My '07 Chiltern Green Vantage (Out of Range Colour) nearly always evokes positive remarks from onlookers; it also has the Parliment Green carpets with Absynthe Green/Bison seat trimmings. Unusual is better:D!
Pictures please on arrival...

Zinful 05-27-2016 09:49 AM

Thanks for all of the nice coments, they are truly appreciated. I wonder why so few people order these cars in colors, both inside and out. Having ever been something of a contrarian, this automobile should be my perfect elixir.
If it ever arrives I shall post some pictures.