6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   Debadge (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/391419-debadge.html)

shootermcgav1n 05-30-2016 10:12 PM

Debadge

Just wondering if anyone here has debadged the "Vantage" badge on the back of the car? Considering it myself to clean up the rear end, the fact that it's off to one side by itself bugs my OCD need for balance.

Any advice if I'm to do it? just hit it with goo gone?

mindscape9 05-31-2016 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by shootermcgav1n (Post 4522059)
Just wondering if anyone here has debadged the "Vantage" badge on the back of the car? Considering it myself to clean up the rear end, the fact that it's off to one side by itself bugs my OCD need for balance.

Any advice if I'm to do it? just hit it with goo gone?

They took my badge off when I had some clear wrap installed and I ended up leaving it off. Looks a lot better to me.

Jeff_335i 05-31-2016 07:46 AM

Mine was badge-delete from the factory.

pdacton 05-31-2016 07:55 AM

Hairdryer, dental floss and goo gone worked on my other car - but I could still see a faint outline of the badge in the right light. Don't know if it was because the paint around the badge had faded in the sun, but I couldn't get rid of it. If you're OCD about the badge, you'll drive yourself nuts if you can still see an outline of it when it's gone!

telum01 05-31-2016 11:03 AM

Mine was factory-deleted. I think the car looks far, far better without the badge.

skywagon 05-31-2016 11:12 AM

This is funny as I actually added the badge back to my car as I was tired of answering which model it was. hilarious

Jeff_335i 05-31-2016 12:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by skywagon (Post 4522216)
This is funny as I actually added the badge back to my car as I was tired of answering which model it was. hilarious

That's why I got these license plates, but it didn't really help. Most people around here still have no idea what it is.

shootermcgav1n 05-31-2016 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by pdacton (Post 4522132)
Hairdryer, dental floss and goo gone worked on my other car - but I could still see a faint outline of the badge in the right light. Don't know if it was because the paint around the badge had faded in the sun, but I couldn't get rid of it. If you're OCD about the badge, you'll drive yourself nuts if you can still see an outline of it when it's gone!

that's what I've heard in the past, you're supposed to hit it w/the googone before the hair dryer, wait a little then use the dental floss to get it off right?

i'm considering wrapping the car in the somewhat near future so i guess i could always wait for that as well.

pdacton 05-31-2016 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by shootermcgav1n (Post 4522266)
that's what I've heard in the past, you're supposed to hit it w/the googone before the hair dryer, wait a little then use the dental floss to get it off right?

i'm considering wrapping the car in the somewhat near future so i guess i could always wait for that as well.

I heated it up then used the dental floss to get behind the badge and pry it off. Then I hit it with goo gone to get any residual adhesive off. I didn't try it in the order you described - that might work also. I did it on a crappy Nissan - don't think I'd risk it on my Aston!

captain Greg 05-31-2016 03:39 PM

Mine was removed by (we presume a ANC supporter) while I was adjudicating a milf cheerleader competition :mad: (hope he fed his village for a month on redeeming it at cash converters)
I removed the outline with 3M clay and polished the part, no trace of it and like others have said it smartens the ass of the car IMO.

Astons do not need to tell all, its the James Bond thing hilarious

Even my newest Merc, no wher on the car is the name presented :D but it's pure Brabus and only a fool won't know what it is.

On the odd accession I park my Aston in a mall or place where it's busy I enjoy the confusion of other petrol,heads wondering what it is?

Ron Avery 05-31-2016 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff_335i (Post 4522129)
Mine was badge-delete from the factory.

Same here.
Ron

007JB 05-31-2016 08:38 PM

for my taste- no badge

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.6sp...eee7b23698.jpg

shootermcgav1n 05-31-2016 10:17 PM

Thanks for the feedback, and it's all I need to see this through. Gonna give it a shot this wkend.