Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Preowned market for a 2015 Vantage V12S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 07:23 PM
georgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of lightgeorgemaser is a glorious beacon of light
Preowned market for a 2015 Vantage V12S

I have had my 2015 Vantage V12 S on AutoTrader for 4 weeks now with no action. The car only has 1900 miles and I started out asking $138k, I have now lowered the price to $129k. Still no action. I see there are still a lot of new 2015s left, is no one buying these cars? Is everyone going for the 2016 with the manual transmission now ?Is there a better online site then AutoTrader ? Any thoughts or advice is much appreciated.

Old 06-11-2016, 09:51 PM
sn8kklr is on a distinguished road
Ebay and craigslist

also if there is any Aston martin forums

Good luck with the sale

Old 06-12-2016, 11:59 AM
socialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to all
For high line / luxury / exotic vehicles, eBay on top of autotrader works to get the word out. Get it on Aston, and any other car forum you can.

Have you tried consigning the car with an Aston dealer, or someone else specialized in exotic car sales? Yes - you will pay for doing so - but might be a wash given that dealers can bring in a higher price usually, offer financing and trade ins for the customers. Something to think about. Cats Exotics for example has very fair consignment fees.

And definitely cars north of 100K can take several months to sell, and can go for months with little to no action even at the 'right' price.

Good luck!

Old 06-13-2016, 03:23 AM
Smoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud of
As I just went through the process of selling my 04 Murcielago I will tell you to hold out if you can. Mine was (appropriately) priced far above market and I still found my buyer. You will suddenly start getting calls. It will come in waves. Your buyer will come to you for a car like that. Just make really good ads.

Use lots of pics, show records up front, detail wear spots clearly.... the more you put an "exotic buyer's" mind at ease the quicker you will sell (and the fewer tirekickers you will get because there is less opportunity for dumb questions). For best exposure list on dupont registry, autotrader, ebay, 6speedonline marketplace, and global autosports. We don't really have a great dedicated AM forum. Even AMOC looks to be overrun by people trading stolen CC#'s. BTW: Do not actually sell on ebay, their fees suck. Just use it to advertise.

As someone who is currently shopping for an Aston (I'm looking for a 2010 V8 manual) I can tell you that buyers are deathly afraid of the AM depreciation. Many dealers are listing at delusional prices, as if the cars are still worth last year's rate. AM's do not appreciate or hold value, so there is no logic in this. Many dealers also tend to behave as if none of us have a clue as to what they pay when a car comes in on trade, or that they are getting a huge cut from the consignment, and try to spike the price on the buyer too to double dip.

Use all this to your advantage and always make sure your price is much less than the dealers out there. The fact that you're a private seller is your biggest draw. Good luck!

Old 06-13-2016, 10:34 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Thread moved from the Marketplace (that section is only for actual vehicle ads).