6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   History Repeats Itself (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/393479-history-repeats-itself.html)

telum01 07-11-2016 09:59 AM

History Repeats Itself

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.6sp...1320e40c44.jpg

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.6sp...ec1da2b451.jpg

Short story shorter, a drunk chick slammed on her brakes in front and me. She got out, looked at my car, then got back in her car and fled the scene. I was on a date when it happened, and she had the foresight to get a picture of the other driver's license plate.

I'm hoping my vendor pricing from Aston gives me enough room to get a GT12 hood worked into the repairs... Even so, there goes all my summer event plans :(

Matt2364 07-11-2016 10:14 AM

Oh man, it hurts my heart to see such a beautiful car all banged up. Best of luck with a swift and painless repair hopefully. I will cross my fingers for you.

mkzhang 07-11-2016 10:21 AM

Oh no! Sorry to hear richard.

On the bright side, perhaps with the girl from the date will become the replacement for the AM in your life :p

Timodc 07-11-2016 10:43 AM

Ouch that sucks man!

telum01 07-11-2016 11:42 AM

Thanks guys... more hassle than anything. Trying to see the silver lining with a few upgrades while it's under the knife.

Mike - There's no replacement. But I will say the date was otherwise unbelievable, and so good that the accident didn't even phase me. I'll be a lucky guy if this one works out.

C4Sbeebe 07-11-2016 11:43 AM

there's a nice hit-and-run conviction. better than a DWI - unless they got her that night and then double-whammy for her!!
amazing, and yet unfortunate, coincidence. good luck with repairs.
on another [potential] bright side, you don't have a 2nd area of damage to the body to explain.

larryg 07-11-2016 11:51 AM

My understanding is that if you hit the car ahead of you regardless of the reason, you may be held responsible i.e. Following to closely.
Good luck

captain Greg 07-11-2016 11:54 AM

tell us about the date.... did she comfort you in the most adult way? after all if it was a first date with you recently experiencing freedom from the cage so to speak you could hardly get out and start whipping the ***** who damaged the car?

strongs bud, look fwd to a video on hood repairs :)

Greg

telum01 07-11-2016 12:02 PM

Me rear-ending her car is what has me worried. But her fleeing the scene should place liability further on her than on me. So I don't know if it's going to be a wash or what.

My big mistake is that I didn't get a police report - I've got a ton of events I'm supposed to be at during the next couple months so my mindset went immediately to insurance/repairs rather than legal, so I went home and filed the claim, uploaded pics, etc, to get things going as quickly as possible.

Greg - I'm a gentleman first. However, let's just say your jaw would drop at this one ;) But I do have like half a dozen videos I still need to upload :/ I'm so far behind...

superuser 07-11-2016 12:49 PM

So sorry to see this happened to you.

My wife just had a similar thing happen to her this week. The driver in front of her rear ended someone and then my wife could not stop quick enough. The 1st car in the line that got rear ended left and my wife was held responsible. It's a bummer there is no way my wife could have stopped in time after the other car had its deceleration aided by hitting the parked car in front of it.

XJRS Owner 07-11-2016 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by C4Sbeebe (Post 4537439)
there's a nice hit-and-run conviction. better than a DWI

I don't think so. She got rear ended, so she's not responsible and under no obligation to stick around unless she wanted to have her damage covered by the car who hit her.

W126C 07-11-2016 02:00 PM

This whole thing reminds me to look into a video camera mounted for protection against this type of stuff.

Good luck with the repairs.

Regards,

AusTTin Bob 07-11-2016 03:15 PM

Ugh. I'm so sorry that happened. I hope the repair is quick and expert. Yesterday a guy rear ended me in my A4. I heard his wheels lock up behind me. I realized what was happening and punched the gas, but too late. We bumped at about 3mph. One pea-sized scrape in the bumper paint, and another one-inch light scratch on the gray trim part of the bumper. Touch up paintable. I asked the guy if he was maybe looking at his phone, and he confessed that indeed he was. I just shook my head and sent him on his way. I wish there were fewer drunk and/or distracted drivers.

telum01 07-11-2016 03:39 PM

I got rear-ended in my 4Runner a couple years ago, same thing - guy was looking at his phone. He hit my tow hitch receiver (I don't keep the hitch in it unless I'm actually using it to tow), and it obliterated the front of his Mercedes. I had a slight scratch on the bumper and a dent in my tailpipe. He was honest about being at fault and his insurance was fair with it so it was no sweat.

I really just need this to go smoothly.

jfdeasy9608 07-11-2016 05:21 PM

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Such a beautiful car.