6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   Catch cans on a DB9 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/394838-catch-cans-db9.html)

randyb 08-08-2016 02:57 PM

Catch cans on a DB9

Been studying the engine bay and cannot find any places to put two catch cans where I can get easy access to them.

Anyone know of such a place and if so, what catch cans did you use?

J doubleU 08-08-2016 03:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Best one I've found is from Joe's racing. 3"X3"X 6.5"

Attachment 455702

SheriffDep 08-09-2016 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by randyb (Post 4547285)
Been studying the engine bay and cannot find any places to put two catch cans where I can get easy access to them.

Anyone know of such a place and if so, what catch cans did you use?

Telum01 will be likely making a catch can to match the Vantage one late this fall early winter. This one will be made specifically for the DB9 and will look like a factory piece, rather than the one pictured in this thread. To me that looks like a redneck ACCEL, MSD type addon. Maybe good for a race car, but would look horrible under the hood of a AM.

You can view his can on redpants or at a forum sponsor Velocity AP. @Telum01 designed and built the ones VaP have. Or something really close to that. ;)

telum01 08-09-2016 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by SheriffDep (Post 4547422)
Telum01 will be likely making a catch can to match the Vantage one late this fall early winter. This one will be made specifically for the DB9 and will look like a factory piece, rather than the one pictured in this thread. To me that looks like a redneck ACCEL, MSD type addon. Maybe good for a race car, but would look horrible under the hood of a AM.

You can view his can on redpants or at a forum sponsor Velocity AP. @Telum01 designed and built the ones VaP have. Or something really close to that. ;)

Yep, the ones from VAP are the ones from me:
http://www.velocityap.com/Aston-Mart...el-amv8aos.htm

Full disclosure: I deal with supply and shipment, he deals with customers and sales. My portion of the sales he gets goes toward my VAP fund so I can afford things like headers and a clutch. It's like a race shop layaway program lol :cool:

When I get the DB9 ones ready, it's totally up to Stuart if he wants to sell those as well. Honestly, the topic hasn't even come up because each of us has so much going on and we're still a few months away from them being ready anyway.

Stuart@VelocityAP 08-09-2016 10:44 PM

TBH Rich, I had been thinking about making some cans up - we had to make a catch can for the turbo kit to run the PCV lines into, and it occurred to me how quick & easy it was to make, just used a 3" cylinder of stainless tube plus some 3" laser cut-outs from the cat-flanges and we were good to go.

I wonder if we're better off making these up for you?

Bonus with the DB9 is we can basically just build one to the size and shape we want.

SheriffDep 08-10-2016 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP (Post 4547862)
TBH Rich, I had been thinking about making some cans up - we had to make a catch can for the turbo kit to run the PCV lines into, and it occurred to me how quick & easy it was to make, just used a 3" cylinder of stainless tube plus some 3" laser cut-outs from the cat-flanges and we were good to go.

I wonder if we're better off making these up for you?

Bonus with the DB9 is we can basically just build one to the size and shape we want.

Hey, don't go off and make something crazy for someone else to get the first, mine is partially scheduled for end of NOV to be the first DB9 to get one :D I will be in touch soon Stuart for DB9 parts. Gonna be buying Speedracer800 05 DB9 from him. So will discuss exhaust with him and you since things were figured out on that car previously. Also need to discuss the springs, of whether or not to do that. Thanks Stuart

randyb 08-10-2016 04:11 PM

Telum01 let us know if you come up with some for the DB9, I have been studying the engine bay and only see one or two areas to put the catch cans and the cans would need to be small and with a quick disconnect to make draining easier.

telum01 08-11-2016 09:12 AM

We'll definitely be keeping everyone in the loop - just need to get things more locked down before we start running our mouths :)