Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Atlanta Area Owners - Mountain Drive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 07:55 AM
mindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to all
Thanks for the route suggestion, Jbuffa!

I've been up here a handful of times, and when we've done 60, its been a good ride, but you are right, it does tend to get really tight in some places. I'm totally fine adjusting the route based on your suggestions and appreciate you taking the time to provide input. I'm anticipating this being a fun, but safe, mountain drive rather than a full-on hard-charging, track type event, so your route makes sense.

In terms of lunch, was thinking we could stop for lunch after the drive so maybe something around Helen would be good. I'll wait to see how many folks we have that commit and then will find a place that can accommodate our party (and our cars).

Thanks to everyone that has signed up so far.

Old 08-30-2016, 08:25 AM
mindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to all
Bumping this thread to get it on people's radar again as we enter into Sep later this week. For those of you that were on the fence, if your schedules have worked out to where you think you can make it, we'd love to have you!

Old 08-30-2016, 01:57 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
ugh, as much as I want to make this drive I just don't think timing will work out since I have to be back downtown no later than 3:30 that afternoon

Last edited by shootermcgav1n; 08-30-2016 at 02:06 PM.
Old 08-31-2016, 04:50 AM
Thanks for the follow-up, shooter! Hopefully, we'll get a chance to do another one at some point

Old 09-26-2016, 05:34 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
how did this go? anyone snap any pictures of the group?

Old 09-26-2016, 08:18 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
It didn't happen, for despite Raja's effort, there were not enough people able to attend.
CATTMAN

Old 09-27-2016, 08:05 AM
Hey guys - Cattman is right. We ended up having to cancel since we didn't get enough people to commit to going out.

My wife and I did end up going up to the mountains on our own and it was a lovely day. I meant to snap some pics but completely forgot amid all the German beer and North Georgia wine.

If we can find a date that works for at least 3-4 owners, I'm happy to plan another drive for sometime later this fall.

Old 10-20-2017, 09:14 AM
Hey Guys -

Resurrecting this thread to gauge interest for a mountain drive next weekend (Saturday, Oct 27th). I know it is short notice, but I have a good friend coming in to town and, if weather permits, we are planning to take the Aston up to the mountains on Saturday.

The route that I am planning on taking is posted below (thanks to Jbuffa for the suggestion!). I did this route a few weeks ago and it is awesome - good roads, some great scenery, and finish with a stop in Helen, GA for the last weekend in Octoberfest. Have the starting/ending points at a Home Depot right off of Holcomb Bridge as I thought it would be a good meeting place on the way up, but obviously anyone is welcome to catch up with us anywhere along the route.

Still have to work out the details, but thought I would post here for anyone that would like to come along - Aston or not!

Last edited by mindscape9; 10-20-2017 at 09:22 AM.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:39 AM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
Would love to join you, but that Sat night is costume karaoke and I suspect the wife will want to spend the day preparing. I'll see what she thinks, but I'm guessing she will want the day to get ready.

Your route goes near Brasstown Bald and you might want to incorporate a stop there as the view is always great. Helen during Octoberfest is always a zoo so we tend to stay away, but maybe the crowds will have died down some. Leaf peepers will be out in force so I would expect traffic.

David

Old 10-22-2017, 05:10 PM
Hopefully you guys can make it on the next one!

Old 10-22-2017, 06:18 PM
out of town next wkend, have fun up there and hope the weather is great.

Old 10-24-2017, 09:48 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Hey bro, totally up for this! Plan to go to Helen, take a break, and drive back? Is that the plan?
CATTMAN

Old 10-25-2017, 07:44 AM
Awesome! Yes - that's the plan. Earlier in the week it was looking like we were going to be able to dodge the rain Sat, but now the forecast calls for 100% rain. I hoping that it keeps shifting and we luck out with the weather.

Old 10-27-2017, 07:18 PM
What is the status?
CATTMAN

Old 10-28-2017, 11:30 AM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Is this happening

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Atlanta Area Owners - Mountain Drive