Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

It's Alive!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 09:24 PM
pikajew is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by FR500GT
Damn, what a build
Thanks! Here are some new pics including a before and after of FlyRyde's upgrade to the crap job Oracle Lights did - and check out the classic AM logo etched into the projector! (Oh and all the exterior and interior ambient lighting is RGB leds so they can be blue or red or purple or gold or white or... ? They are all dimmable via a Bluetooth enabled controller on my phone/iWatch..)
The tonneau covers still need a few more rounds of sanding and then clear coat, but looks good so far.

Last edited by pikajew; 06-23-2017 at 12:05 AM.
Old 06-23-2017, 12:07 AM

Old 06-23-2017, 12:13 AM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
yay. i was waiting until we would hit the ultimate rice...which we just did...

Old 06-23-2017, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by goto35
yay. i was waiting until we would hit the ultimate rice...which we just did...
Those LEDs are for the car show circuit when it's parked on display, not for daily driving... like how Aston Martin itself did when unveiling the Vantage Red Bull Racing edition...

And again, for anybody else who has read this thread from its entirety, again, this build is for my imagination to run wild. The intent of this project is not to maintain the sanctity of an oem Aston Martin. Is the Vantage a great car? Sure. But where I live, it's practically a 5 Series BMW, so please don't get too offended by what I do to my own car and hate on my build thread because, sorry to say, the Vantage is not a particularly rare vehicle by any stretch of the imagination. Oh, and by the way, with the exterior ambient light on its dimmest setting in a goldish Amber, it looks so amazing in person it's hard to put into words. The pics I posted are at the brightest Illumination in the boldest colors to show off the range of the LEDs.

Last edited by pikajew; 06-27-2017 at 03:03 AM.
Old 06-23-2017, 06:43 PM
Old 06-23-2017, 06:44 PM
Old 06-27-2017, 03:08 AM
Dome light kill switch.

Old 06-27-2017, 03:09 AM
Old 06-27-2017, 03:10 AM
LED Reverse - BRIGHT!!!

Old 06-27-2017, 08:41 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
holy **** this car, underglow! RGB everywhere, do you work for corsair? glad you are having fun modding this thing, certainly not something I would ever do but wow!

Old 06-27-2017, 11:37 AM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
I agree that this is not something most of us would do to our Astons. That being said this thread is great entertainment and fascinating to see what imagination can do. Keep it up and thanks for sharing.

Old 06-27-2017, 01:01 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I learned never to invest that heavily in modifying an older car - lost over $80K in a modified Porsche 928, so now I just stick to doing cheap things on my 20 years old Buell S1... that said I actually love the very cool things done on this Vantage - and wish I had the $$$ and ***** to do some of that to mine!

Old 06-28-2017, 03:25 PM
Haha.. I've been a car collector for years and I get that my mods are offensive to many people here who (for better or worse) feel that an AM Vantage is somehow some type of rare 1/1,000 or something and should never be touched by the aftermarket scene. But, its just a car to me that was collecting dust after the Wife took the Lambo instead. The car was not even one of my top 3 in my stable, but now... all I want to do is drive it. So, mission accomplished - for me. And again.. the underglow, the crazy RGB, yada yada... that is all activated by way of an independent system wired independently of the OEM parts. Ergo... I could never turn it on again and it will perform like a bone-stock vehicle (save for the dome light kill switch I installed). But.. when the car will be in shows or in photo shoots, or more importantly, when my 2 and 4 year old girls ask me to activate the rocket ship at night - well, $$ well spent for me.

Old 06-28-2017, 03:30 PM
Here is a pic of it last year. lol

Old 06-30-2017, 08:07 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Well...this is always one fun read. I understand your lifestyle is different from most...that is why this thread is so neat!
Some of your mods are great...others ...acquired taste I believe.

Overall...I enjoyed ...but my wife told me point blank...No Gold trim ....I never should have shown her your pics.

So now I must admire from afar most of your cool upgrades...enjoy!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: It's Alive!