Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Information Needed; Door Caps Wood--to--Leather, is it possible

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2016, 12:49 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Information Needed; Door Caps Wood--to--Leather, is it possible

I plan to change out the Door Top Caps from the mahogany wood to Black leather. AMbits wants 250 ea for new caps and then there are the 2x end caps that are about 75ea. So in the end 700 something shipped for these. I am changing over my Waterfall to the Piano Black, and wondered if I could just change the current door toppers into the leather ones.

Issues contemplated is if the leather is installed OVER the wood there might be bulging issues and edges not tucked nicely. I am wondering if anyone has done this change and if there were any issues.

I have the leather to do it in, so thought this might save 500 or so and if a future owner every wanted to return it to the wood, they could just buy the replacements.

Interested in your thoughts,

SheriffDep

Old 09-03-2016, 02:07 AM
Timodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to beholdTimodc is a splendid one to behold
Some DB9s came with leather top roll on the door trim, so you could change them. You will need new substrates to wrap in leather which, unfortunately, will probably cost the same as the wood trim. The little leather end caps will be the same. Maybe find someone that wants to trade leather for wood?