6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   Good quality floor jack for an V8V (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/396221-good-quality-floor-jack-v8v.html)

deckman 09-06-2016 07:15 AM

Good quality floor jack for an V8V

I've had my third floor jack go kaput. What is a durable jack that fits your Vantage nicely?

For those of you that have lifts, yes that's great and I'm jealous.

superuser 09-06-2016 07:46 AM

I was just looking at the Omega 29023. My current jacks are not low enough so I have to drive up on 2x10s to lift the car.

Jagman70 09-06-2016 08:09 AM

I was also jealous of friends with lifts (and got tired of climbing under cars). You might want to consider a BendPak 6000 pound capacity mid-rise scissor lift using the suggested hockey puck spacers. It works just fine if space is limited.

telum01 09-06-2016 12:29 PM

I've been putting off a new jack for too long. I'm looking at getting a Arcan XL2T in the very near future.

embdenb 09-06-2016 03:14 PM

I have a Sears jack for the past 20 years

superuser 09-07-2016 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by telum01 (Post 4557729)
I've been putting off a new jack for too long. I'm looking at getting a Arcan XL2T in the very near future.

I like it and it goes up to 24 inches!

Zettinger 09-08-2016 11:56 AM

My Craftsman jack at home is terrible.

A friend of mine uses this 3 ton Low Profile Steel Heavy Duty Floor Jack with Rapid Pump® from Pittsburg and loves them.
http://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/floor-jacks/3-ton-low-profile-steel-heavy-duty-floor-jack-with-rapid-pump-61282.html

He got another one just last week because he mentioned they were on sale.

deckman 09-08-2016 12:26 PM

The one that just gave out is a Craftsman. It looks an awful lot like that Pittsburgh one.

telum01 09-08-2016 03:01 PM

I've had a basic Craftsman jack for a decade. Did its job but was never that great. Takes forever to lift anything because it has a slight leak and can't hold pressure. If you've seen the video of me getting my car on jackstands, it's a long video because the jack sucks so badly.

I just ordered an Arcan XL2T from Amazon. There's now free shipping for Prime members, too. Two days ago it was a little more expensive and required paid shipping, so today it's a little over a hundred bucks off the total of what it was a couple days ago.

randyb 09-09-2016 12:54 PM

I got mine from Walmart about 3-4 yrs ago and it has been bullet proof, I use it more than most, as I restore cars for fun. I have had it holding up the backend of a 73 charger for sevreal days without issue. It is a low floor jack, goes from 2 1/2 to 19 1/2" and I use it on my Aston with a rubber pad on top of a 3" long 2x4.
Do not remember the brand, but will post it later.

captain Greg 09-10-2016 11:04 AM

I converted (modified) a small cheapie from the local Autozone, it slides under, lifts the Vantage in seconds and I take it in the boot in case I need to do a roadside flat repair, it's just a bit heavy

Will post a pic when I get a chance and get it out
Less then 19 USD for any one who is half handy.

superuser 09-10-2016 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by telum01 (Post 4558544)
I've had a basic Craftsman jack for a decade. Did its job but was never that great. Takes forever to lift anything because it has a slight leak and can't hold pressure. If you've seen the video of me getting my car on jackstands, it's a long video because the jack sucks so badly.

I just ordered an Arcan XL2T from Amazon. There's now free shipping for Prime members, too. Two days ago it was a little more expensive and required paid shipping, so today it's a little over a hundred bucks off the total of what it was a couple days ago.

Haha, I noticed that too and they had a returned/used for 160 in Amazon-warehouse.