Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

A Special Kind of Homecoming

Old 02-06-2017, 07:38 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Of course preventive maintenance would of prevented it, but for the price of HRE that royally pissed me off. I had work emotions on my old daily that I washed once a year and the wheels always come out brand spanking new, and those wheels were like 1.6k for the set.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:57 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by mkzhang
Of course preventive maintenance would of prevented it, but for the price of HRE that royally pissed me off. I had work emotions on my old daily that I washed once a year and the wheels always come out brand spanking new, and those wheels were like 1.6k for the set.
Well you made me think about the maintenance again; Mine is in a garage and perfectly clean, but..... my father takes the cover off, and back it out and lets it warm up about every two weeks. Then once every other time, he takes it around the neighborhood a bit, then puts it back up. There is brake dust due to the light driving, and then its only recovered. WHen pollen hits, he will have to wash it before the cover, but for now not a big deal. But the dust settles on the wheels and could potentially marr them. So will re-evaluate how that is being done.

Old 02-07-2017, 11:50 AM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
I am switching over to BC Forged due to the 12k cost of the HRE. That's a little ridiculous. But a nice DD Merc for that amount.
If cost is a major factor for you then it should be noted that HRE has close to 100 different models that span across a wide pricing range. The P101 hapeens to be their flagship model, and the model that everyone else in the aftermarket wheel industry attempts to replicate, so naturally it is on the higher end of the spectrum.

If there is a number that you'd like to be at for your wheelset I can get you there and I can keep you within the HRE brand - the industry standard for custom forged wheels.

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 02-09-2017, 02:28 PM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
Awesome thread, just spent the last few hours going through it. This thread actually epitomizes the value of online forums from the purchase of the vehicle to the care and modifications made. Kudos to all involved and great purchase Andrew! Can't wait to see what else you have planned for it.

Old 02-10-2017, 10:46 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by OEkun1
Awesome thread, just spent the last few hours going through it. This thread actually epitomizes the value of online forums from the purchase of the vehicle to the care and modifications made. Kudos to all involved and great purchase Andrew! Can't wait to see what else you have planned for it.
Thank you,

I honestly want to keep the car stock, or able to return the car to stock if or when the value takes a turn to the north. Its a rare 6-spd manual in 05', not too many of those like a handful, and also its in black. So that is always in the back of my mind. All of what I have done can be returned so far. My future plans at this time are:
1. Putting a new set of wheels on her, already sold the Vantage S wheels shown on the car in the pictures.
2. Possibly putting a set of Velocity AP headers on it. This is being done just because. But if it requires the engine to come out to install them, then I will not do this. I am hearing they are pain to install.
3. Finishing the install of the Denison to get the iPod working
4. Re-do the Calipers. Instead of sending the off to get powder coated again, I am just going to take them off, rough up the PC and spray them a blend of Honda Fresh Copper and a few drops of brown, black and green. Comes out close to the Mercedes AMG Caliper color.
5. Fix the diffuser where the rear parking sensors are misaligned. Should be a few hour job.

Finally do a 50-75 hours Paint Correction and thoroughly clean, and protect the underbody. I did do somewhat of one already, but didnt go through it like a show car, which is what i always prefer.

This should round out my plans, but since I work overseas and its put up for now, this will be a long work in time.

Old 04-06-2017, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by skeena river rove
Great looking car. Your paint is like a mirror! i wish my db9 was like that to manny swirls and stone chips. I think the wheels are to small/ not bad *** enough. 20 inch DBS style would be better. And please get rid of your us license plate holder DBS/ EURo spec will look so much better. Be safe!
Hey buddy, your idea for getting the US plate holder off the car is going to happen end of May!!!!

I have sourced from Speedracer800 a CF Trunk from a 2013 DB9 GT which will be painted Black and put on the car.

AM Bits supplied:

2x AM badges: Original are white/green, but I thought I would switch them both to white/black
1x DB9 new badges
1x Trunk lid wiring harness
1x Clear third brake light
1x LP lighting and latch bracket
1x boot lid latch
Going to keep the hinges and the trunk shocks in place, just take the OE trunk off those and re-attach the new trunk. Going to re-use the upper trunk lid liner and fasteners etc......

My only figuring out now is how to disconnect the back window coupe third brake light and connect the trunk mounted one. I am hoping the wiring harness will accomplish this for me without running wires or anything. I will do a full writeup, not seen anyone do this modification yet, so at least there will be a record of it.

Will figure out mounting of LP, which likely will be just drilling holes for the LP and use rubber grommets for installation.

Will be keeping the OE trunk in perfect condition for down the road if the car goes up in value at all. The V Collection Trunk Lip, i will be taking off the OE trunk, and then either having it primer coated, or painted for whomever wants to buy that part.

Updates when parts start to arrive.

PS.... Will be doing a Center console (08') cup holder modification, I purchased the eBay one that was black w/ silver stitching last month, so will be getting that installed and showing how in this thread.

Old 04-06-2017, 09:32 AM
drivergmx is a jewel in the roughdrivergmx is a jewel in the roughdrivergmx is a jewel in the rough
Yes I believe that armrest is from a 2010 DBS donor car. Same car I picked up the piano black instrument panel from. Small world... Keep improving!

Old 04-06-2017, 08:44 PM
skeena river rove is on a distinguished road
Sweet! i love the DBS/ 2013 db9 trunk lid. Still stock and looks so much better then a add on spoiler strip. Can't wait to see the final result. I did mine filled the holes, and there where a lot of holes! but i am very happy with the end result.

Old 04-06-2017, 08:57 PM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
Hey Skeena.. Can you post some pics of your car with the newer trunk lid.. I don't think I've ever seen the finished product on a first generation db9.

Old 04-07-2017, 09:54 AM
Sweet! i love the DBS/ 2013 db9 trunk lid. Still stock and looks so much better then a add on spoiler strip. Can't wait to see the final result. I did mine filled the holes, and there where a lot of holes! but i am very happy with the end result.
My trunk (new) is off the DB9 GT, so wont have the chrome strip holes all across it.

Can you help with pictures for a few things.

I want to make sure I have all I need before arriving home to install.

I got the wiring look for decklid. Also the lighting bracket w/ latch, and the clear light third brake. I am assuming installing those, tie the wiring to whats appropriate between the LP lights, Button for latch on old trunk to new wiring, I think there will be too small holes on the back flat LP area of the new trunk for a EURO plate that will need to be filled, then two new small ones done for a US plate.

Swapping decklid liner, shocks, hinges and putting new badges on.

Please let me know if there is anything more.

Old 04-09-2017, 08:31 PM
hi Guy,s
I don't have the newer db9 gt style one. I wish! i got the old one but retrofitted it to Euro spec. It was very easy only think you can't do is the painting. You can keep 4 holes they line up with US style plates. Or you can fill m all and then paint it. Install to Euro spec took me 15 min max! very easy. See pics

Old 04-09-2017, 08:34 PM
Forgot to add text Ok open trunk. Remove the liner very easy, just pull hard or use something like a big flat head screw driver.
Remove the *** cheeks of the trunk disconnect the wire loom connection very easy. Install your Euro spec one i bought it at Astonmartinbits. 2 screws and your done. Go to you local body guy fill the holes paint and it looks so much better! If you have any more questions or pics let me know.

Old 04-09-2017, 08:38 PM
The 4 inside holes are the same as US style license plate, so you have to fill the outer ones and 2 big ones. I filled them all get it painted.

Old 04-28-2017, 09:30 PM
pics of the finished product. mUch better then the US spec ones.

Old 05-01-2017, 05:28 PM
pics of the finished product. mUch better then the US spec ones.

I totally agree, but I decided to go one step further and .........

Just get a trunk off a DB9 GT and use it instead of mocking mine up. The following three pics are what will be taken care of when i get home middle of May--

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A Special Kind of Homecoming