Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2018 Aston Martin Vantage - camo with sound clip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 03:21 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
2018 Aston Martin Vantage - camo with sound clip

Just saw that, sounds pretty good

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/20...91.html#agal_0

Old 11-07-2016, 04:16 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I got it from a very reliable source within Aston Martin that is the final exterior design, not a mule! Actually, I did get information that the next Vantage has more 1-77 appearance elements, maybe a good thing, but I hope they don't lose the elegance and simple flowing lines.

Old 11-07-2016, 04:47 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Oh dear. As many here have feared, it does indeed sound like an AMG fartmobile.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:08 PM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
I love the lines of the current Vantage and after 10 yrs of waiting I finally bought one in Feb 2016, put over 10,000km on it this summer and loved every minute of it. There are a few things they could do with the new Vantage to bring it more to 2016 or so with the electronics but I hope, like you Prefurbia, that they don't change those exterior lines too much as it would be a shame. We will soon be able to see their final design...

Old 11-07-2016, 07:17 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Bought mine when I did because I was afraid of what'd come next. I don't regret my decision.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:20 PM
powerbeautysoulAM is on a distinguished road
Sounds like crap.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:25 PM
PK_Vantage is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Mathman85
Bought mine when I did because I was afraid of what'd come next. I don't regret my decision.

Same here.

That youtube clip has just made me love my V8 Vantage so much more.

With the exterior styling cues of the new DB11 and that farting sound of MB AMG drivetrain that is going into the new Vantage, I think I'll end up keeping my car for a long time.

Anyone else on the same boat here??

Old 11-08-2016, 05:40 AM
larryg is on a distinguished road
Change can be difficult.
When the 2nd generation R8 was introduced, we 1st generation owners criticized it to death. No MT, the looks that are too generic, loss of those lovely curves, etc. Although I own a 15' R8, I have come to appreciate the new design.
It is challenging to replace a true classic. IMO the Vantage's design is one of the best.
The replacement should be interesting. While likely an improvement mechanically and electronically, the aesthetics of our cars will be tough to beat.

Old 11-08-2016, 06:20 AM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
History tends to favor the 1st generation of a model. They tend to be more representative of the manufacturers original intent for the vehicle and tend to be a more engaging experience. I think the lower tech level of our cars also is a + to value. They tend to appear dated less easily. And the dating is more character as opposed to just plain old.

But we're in a period of strong values for most exotic cars and the modern Aston Martins have been mostly ignored. Even my humble little Lotus has appreciated 10ish% in the past 3 years while Astons continue to depreciate. This doesn't bode well for anyone hanging on to their Gaydon era cars as an investment, at least in the short term.

Old 11-08-2016, 10:22 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
I would imagine (or hope) its similar to the 550hp 4L Twin turbo V8 found in the AMG GT-S (edit: read the article and thats exactly what its going to be...)

It sounds similar at least

The styling of the rear end reminds me of the 90's Vantages

Last edited by sonies; 11-08-2016 at 10:28 AM.
Old 11-08-2016, 10:25 AM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
I'm really not a fan of the sound at all.
Hard to tell what it'll look like with all the cammo, but there is a ton of DB10 and DB11 in it. Looks like they carried over the rear diffuser directly from the DB10, too.

Old 11-08-2016, 11:08 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Redpants
I'm really not a fan of the sound at all.
Hard to tell what it'll look like with all the cammo, but there is a ton of DB10 and DB11 in it. Looks like they carried over the rear diffuser directly from the DB10, too.
But here is another HUGE catch with the new AMG motors------

1. If you decat them or take the resonators off the sound improves, at least on the 6.3L motors. I cannot speak to the turboed ones.

2. Turbos------ On the AMG E63's w/ twin turbos (I think its the 5.L TT) horsepower is at 555 I think or 570 and a simple tune (which is already in the works by numerous companies for about 600ish) will take you into the 700hp range.

So, while the sound may not be the AM we know today, and the car looks like a Camaro (again), Imagine having 700hp in the car for very little money and still get amazing gas mileage and have a very reliable motor.

I still think its horrible looking and sounding for sure. Just food for thought

Old 11-08-2016, 11:16 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
SLS = sounds like ****. Indeed a fartmobile.

Old 11-08-2016, 11:35 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
SLS = sounds like ****. Indeed a fartmobile.
Silent but Deadly possibly?

Old 11-08-2016, 12:55 PM
terminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to beholdterminal_ac is a splendid one to behold
What a disappointment....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.