Redpants! - Page 14 - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models
Sponsored by:

Redpants!

Old 05-31-2018, 07:48 AM
Zettinger is just really niceZettinger is just really niceZettinger is just really niceZettinger is just really nice
Originally Posted by Redpants View Post
I just spent a few grand installing garage lighting, gotta recover from that before I get A/C in there (but it is on my list!).
That was more an offer to do video's in "guest" locations.

Old 06-11-2018, 05:47 PM
Basic Sponsor
Redpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond repute
A few quick notes while I wait for the vet to finish up on my Great Derp, Wallace... for those that haven't experienced it, dog ears bleed a lot... it's like a murder scene in my house, and car, and the animal hospital lobby... my god...

Our lug nuts are currently in manufacturing and are ready for pre-order.
https://www.redpants.lol/shop/lug-nuts

Listings have been made for more BC Forged wheel styles, including a few new designs: The wheels we added were the KL01, KL11, KL12, KL13, RS42, and RZ10.
https://www.redpants.lol/shop/?category=Wheels

We gave the green light for the coilovers.
https://www.redpants.lol/shop/bc-racing-coilovers

New Vantage first impressions:
https://www.unzipped.lol/2019-aston-martin-vantage

I've got audio from our drives of the New Vantage... not much usable because it just doesn't sound like much! More road noise than exhaust note. Even Clare said, "it's much louder in the car than the video." Filmed it the exact same way as I did on both my grey and red V8Vs. I'm going to splice it into a video with the audio I took of the red V8V in the before/after video I took when doing the cats on that car for a stock-vs-stock comparison.

Originally Posted by Zettinger View Post
That was more an offer to do video's in "guest" locations.
Always appreciated

[email protected]
Old 07-04-2018, 07:48 AM
Basic Sponsor
Redpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond repute
[email protected]
Old 07-07-2018, 08:08 AM
Basic Sponsor
Here's an overview of the BC Racing coilovers:
https://www.redpants.lol/blog/2018/7...-biased-review

Which are now available!
https://www.redpants.lol/shop/bc-racing-coilovers

Because they're a brand new product, inventory hasn't been built up so they're made-to-order. Please allow 3-4 weeks for delivery from the time of purchase.

[email protected]
Old 07-07-2018, 09:43 AM
blue2000s will become famous soon enoughblue2000s will become famous soon enough
Clearly, alot of thought and testing went into the market segment and design of these shocks. Thanks for your contribution to this small community. Your price is a steal compared to other coil over solutions on the market for these cars. When I saw the Tavarish video I thought this wasn't going to be a viable product (very low and very bouncy, I don't know how he thought that was OK), but it sounds like those bugs are worked out.

Having gone from Bilsteins to Nitrons on my Lotus, I can attest to the value of a good set of aftermarket shocks. Not only is damping adjustability nice to have to match the desire of the driver, but the general ride quality and body control improvement is also noticeable. On my car, the ride improved AND the body motions are better controlled, amazingly. To top it off, they are lighter.

I'm curious, did you have the chance to do any competitive analysis to see how these compare directly with the KW or Nitrons? Did BC take any dyno tests of these? As with most things, diminishing returns would suggest that you can get 90% of the performance from half the price so it would be interesting to see if that's the case here.

Old 07-07-2018, 10:15 AM
Basic Sponsor
Most of the feedback I've heard about Nitron is that they have excellent performance but can be very difficult to dial in. I haven't done a direct comparison yet but I believe I will be driving a car equipped with them next month. That car is extensively modified and I'm driving it to test another part of it, but I'll pay attention to the suspension as well.

I only know of one or two KW equipped cars and they're nowhere near me. So I haven't tried those unfortunately.

In both cases, there's a big difference in price so I don't consider them to be direct competition. It's like the difference between BC Forged wheels and something like Brixton. Both are excellent products, they just have different price points for various reasons, and both serve related but separate markets.

BC Racing does the engineering, and each setup is made specifically for each car. Tavarish's car had a revised setup compared to my original prototypes, and we changed the valving after that. He also had the car way too low, and the video he did was on some nasty roads, so it was pretty unpleasant to see. Let's just say I went off a bit when I saw that video as it was exactly not what I wanted. Definitely not the case with the production version.

Old 07-13-2018, 06:57 AM
JL_MPLS is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey Richard,

Any insights on the availability of the clear side marker and rear reflectors?

Thanks,

Jim

Old 07-13-2018, 07:30 AM
Basic Sponsor
Hey Jim,
I believe we've got quite a few of them. We still need to check them all, assemble them, and then check them again before we can update the inventory count for the online store or ship them out.

[email protected]
Old 07-18-2018, 05:40 AM
vince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nicevince_1972 is just really nice
Hi Rich,

please check yours PM

Thanks

Vincent

Old 07-18-2018, 07:27 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by vince_1972 View Post
Hi Rich,

please check yours PM

Thanks

Vincent
Responded

[email protected]
Old 07-22-2018, 04:55 PM
Basic Sponsor
Threw together some information about wheel fitment since I've been getting a stream of questions about it:
https://www.redpants.lol/blog/2018/7...are-your-pants

Also have been getting asked about the differences between intake filter types, so here's some more info I put together:
https://www.redpants.lol/intake-filters-info/

[email protected]
Old 07-24-2018, 07:23 AM
Basic Sponsor
Started compiling information on the various front grille options for Astons. Page is still under construction. Vantage is mostly framed out but I still have more to add, then moving on to DB9, Vanquish, and Rapide:
https://www.redpants.lol/front-grilles

[email protected]
Old 07-24-2018, 08:50 AM
blue2000s will become famous soon enoughblue2000s will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Redpants View Post
Started compiling information on the various front grille options for Astons. Page is still under construction. Vantage is mostly framed out but I still have more to add, then moving on to DB9, Vanquish, and Rapide:
https://www.redpants.lol/front-grilles
Rich- Have you looked into offering grill parts? Offering only complete replacement grills is an oversight on Aston's part and anyone who starts offering just components is sure to see traffic.

Old 07-24-2018, 08:56 AM
Basic Sponsor
On my list for the very near term I've got pieces ready to ship over to be made. I wanted to have it done by now but found more to use for templates when I was going through my garage during the overhaul so I haven't sent them off yet.

[email protected]
Old 07-31-2018, 07:57 AM
Basic Sponsor
Black lug nuts have started arriving!! The clear finish are still being assembled, as are more of the black ones. We'll be sending these out to anyone that has already ordered BC Forged wheels from us as well as pre-order customers.
https://www.redpants.lol/shop/lug-nuts

A few notes:
-These have an aluminum body and stainless steel insert. The aluminum keeps them light, while the stainless steel ensures the strongest threads possible and no concerns about galvanic corrosion. I've seen two weights for the OEM titanium lug nuts, which were very expensive when available but haven't been made in years. These lug nuts fall right between those two weights, so they're "about" the same weight as titanium but at a fraction of the price.
-The two-piece body prevents marring of your wheels. The seat of one-piece lug nuts grind against the wheel as you tighten/loosen them. With these, the seat stays in place while the top spins, helping to prevent that grinding.
-The lug nuts are hard anodized gloss black or clear (choice available on product listing when ordering). The hard anodizing ensures a rugged finish and protects the aluminum body.
-ONLY hand tools should be used. Power or air tools can chip away at the anodized finish, and can also lead to over-torqueing that can damage the aluminum body.
-The price listed is for the first batch of lug nuts. Manufacturing costs came in higher than originally quoted, so the next batch will have a higher cost associated, meaning I'll need to raise the price on them after this batch runs out.

[email protected]

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
Join 6SpeedOnline
Visit our Sponsors