Redpants! - Page 3 - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models
Sponsored by:

Redpants!

Old 11-10-2016, 06:19 AM
goto35 will become famous soon enough
in the UK next few weeks but will place a order when I get back end of November. Looking forward to getting all maintenance parts!

Old 11-10-2016, 06:38 AM
handyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to behold
Jateshk, visiting the AM Factory ???

Old 11-10-2016, 06:41 AM
goto35 will become famous soon enough
had the tour booked Nov 24 but had to cancel today.

Maybe in Dec or next year.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:08 AM
handyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to behold
It is one of the thing I would love to do, it is on my bucket list among other things

Old 11-11-2016, 04:40 PM
Blueeyedog is an unknown quantity at this point
Congratulations Richard. Your videos have been very helpful. I ordered the door struts from you and installed them with no problem thanks to your video. Your shipping was very fast.

Old 11-12-2016, 10:29 AM
Basic Sponsor
Redpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks again, guys. Really means a lot to me! I didn't realize so many people had found my website yet

I'm in the process of teaming up with a local shop that does high-end paint correction and detailing, which is going to mean that I should be able to offer Gyeon products through my website. Several months ago when I as feeling out cleaning products and running some numbers to see if cleaning products would be worth adding, I looked into some other brands and they weren't small business friendly at all, and their retailing rules were worded to keep retailers at a disadvantage compared to the parent companies. It was very odd.

From what I'm seeing with Gyeon, their business model is very different: They are far more selective with who can sell their products. When I started talking to this shop, he said Gyeon was interested but they wanted to do a trial run to see how we handle things - to them it's very important to maintain their reputation. It's very similar to why I hand-pick what sell on my website; I won't sell something I can't stand behind. Likewise, Gyeon only wants retailers that they can stand behind. Since I'm a *VERY* small business, reputation is all I have and protecting that requires a lot of work, including from industry partners.

Aside from that, I'm getting ready to tear my car down for some more projects... again... to include finishing my seating project, and pulling out some leather pieces to send to another one of our other sponsor vendors that wants to make some really cool stuff (in a weird twist of fate, this actually has shared roots in a project I did a decade ago!), and he can chime in if he wants, otherwise you guys will have to wait and see

My clutch fried not too long ago, so I'm going to be getting VelocityAP's wicked sweet setup. Seriously excited about it, just need to stash some more money aside for it. It'll be a key piece in the build for my car.

Plus I have a huge project that I'm starting to draft up. I'll post about that as I get closer to prototyping things

Originally Posted by jateshk View Post
had the tour booked Nov 24 but had to cancel today.

Maybe in Dec or next year.
Sorry to hear it, hopefully the next attempt works out! It's a pretty awesome tour. Gives you an appreciation for how the cars are put together. Everyone I talked to was happy to chat, too, which gave me a nice feeling of inclusion and appreciation.

[email protected]

Last edited by Redpants; 11-12-2016 at 10:43 AM.
Old 11-13-2016, 01:23 PM
Zettinger is just really niceZettinger is just really niceZettinger is just really niceZettinger is just really nice
Congrats!!

I will miss your screen name.

Old 11-18-2016, 07:19 AM
Basic Sponsor
Redpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond reputeRedpants has a reputation beyond repute
So apparently there was a red trouser debacle a while back. I had no idea... Oh well

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...34681&i=999999

Originally Posted by Zettinger View Post
Congrats!!

I will miss your screen name.
I'll keep it in my signature block

[email protected]
Old 11-19-2016, 12:22 AM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
Exciting to see you get underway. I have your site bookmarked. Cheers!

Old 11-19-2016, 12:47 AM
SheriffDep is just really niceSheriffDep is just really niceSheriffDep is just really niceSheriffDep is just really nice
REDPANTs will now have a consistent Blog for DB9 work and instructionals. Rich will likely completely document the build for my 05 DB9 with many DIYs and new products he developed for application. Although I am excited, I am also happy to be able to get some of the first applications of his developmental products. ie......DB9 Catch can, Garmin GPS(Bluetooth phone, 2x cameras) all in factory position.

I am sure his progress will be shown in the thread on here for me, however majority will be on the Redpants.lol website.

Sheriffdep

Old 11-22-2016, 11:17 PM
spikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nicespikemd is just really nice
Nice work Rich. I will continue to order products from you. You seem like a stand-up guy. Nice to see your passion turning into a business.

Old 11-23-2016, 07:01 AM
Basic Sponsor
I really appreciate it, thank you!

[email protected]
Old 11-23-2016, 01:36 PM
911MTB will become famous soon enough
As I suspect I am getting close to needing a clutch I look forward to your thoughts on the VelocityAP setup. I figure if I have to do it I might as well put in one of the best so your feedback on it will be very interesting. The car is put away for the winter and is not in urgent need of it so hopefully you will be able to post results before I need to get one. Cheers!

Old 11-26-2016, 08:02 PM
BillV8V has a spectacular aura aboutBillV8V has a spectacular aura aboutBillV8V has a spectacular aura about
First order placed, I'm sure there will be more to come

Old 12-02-2016, 09:50 AM
Basic Sponsor
PayPal is FINALLY available during checkout! I just added it today so if anyone runs into any issues, please let me know and I'll fix it right away!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
Join 6SpeedOnline
Visit our Sponsors