Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Picture of the month and calender

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 05:11 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Mathman85
I like how nobody paid attention to the fact that this was to discuss HOW to do the calendar voting, and not actually to start posting pictures for the calendar.
I know lol

Old 12-11-2016, 01:54 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
I like how nobody paid attention to the fact that this was to discuss HOW to do the calendar voting, and not actually to start posting pictures for the calendar.
Since when do people pay any attention to anything these days. People are always talking about the Zombie Apocalypse, well have have most of society waling around paying attention to NOTHING around them just like zombies. It appears even wealthy educated individuals cannot read either, or just read the 1st sentence which is all most people do, then make up the rest to what they thought it said.

1. Detials on process need to be finalized of course.
2 I would set in stone the months for YEAR 2.
3. For the upcoming 2018 calander---- My suggestion is to accelerate Last October, November, and this month for submittals for January 2017.
4. First batch would have ONE voting session for October. Once chosen, then open 1-2 submittal for November, then one week Voting. Same for next and so on, till the correct timeframe is caught up sometime in late March or April. This way it is still fair so to speak. There is also likely 2 extra photos for front cover, and rear cover to be chosen. Could always see if AM wants in on it if possible and they could stock a photo for ONE placement, and make them pay advertising fee for that, which could cover costs. Just a musing thought.

5. Seasonal pictures would be a good idea. IF out of US country people take on during their winter in US's June summer months, then if cool and chosen, the caption would say Argentinia during winter (June ) or something like that. Covers those issues.

OP needs to make decisions, nail down rules, Get Monthly Sticky slotted, and start immediately for Oct 2017 Picture submittals so voting can get done and move to Nov. Accelerate those to 1 week submittals, and 3 day voting till caught up.

Love this idea, hopefully will have some decent shots this next month of mine.

Old 03-09-2017, 04:11 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
so we abandoning this idea or...

Old 03-10-2017, 09:47 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Since my personal photographer skills hardly exceed cell phone pics and all good pictures are taken by friends, I'm out.

Old 03-10-2017, 11:17 AM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
The first step is to finalize the rules. No one really comment on those in my initial post.

Old 03-10-2017, 03:35 PM
shootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura aboutshootermcgav1n has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Zettinger
Since my personal photographer skills hardly exceed cell phone pics and all good pictures are taken by friends, I'm out.
that wasn't a rule? only rule i saw was that car had to belong to you.

Old 03-10-2017, 04:10 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Here is my 2008 V8V

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0420.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	2.06 MB
ID:	471522  
Old 03-12-2017, 03:57 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all

Once again, the photo bug hit people before seeing the discussion was being brought up again.

ALL photos in the rules that were mentioned were to be by the owner and not professional and of their own car not someone else's. But, no calendar no rules, so all if fair game. But, isn't there already a picture thread?

Old 03-13-2017, 01:22 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SheriffDep
Since when do people pay any attention to anything these days. People are always talking about the Zombie Apocalypse, well have have most of society waling around paying attention to NOTHING around them just like zombies. It appears even wealthy educated individuals cannot read either, or just read the 1st sentence which is all most people do, then make up the rest to what they thought it said.

1. Detials on process need to be finalized of course.
2 I would set in stone the months for YEAR 2.
Sorry, the misspellings, typos and grammatical errors whilst writing about people's inability to pay attention made me chuckle. But I'm under heavy medication, so don't take me too seriously.

😉

Old 03-13-2017, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by karlfranz
Sorry, the misspellings, typos and grammatical errors whilst writing about people's inability to pay attention made me chuckle. But I'm under heavy medication, so don't take me too seriously.

😉

Character Karl, that's what all that is. Why be boring and follow guidelines. Kidding, but doesn't change the fact of people not paying attention to detail.

Karl, haven't seen much of your posts, I KNOW your working some projects on your car, I am sure we would love to hear about them from time to time.

Yea, typed that on the ipad flying home at Christmas time, so couldn't correct errors. Yes, reads horrible.

Old 03-14-2017, 07:43 AM
Zettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of lightZettinger is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by shootermcgav1n
that wasn't a rule? only rule i saw was that car had to belong to you.
Maybe I misread this.
Originally Posted by Dalecannavan
Remember the picture must be taken by you and the picture must contain your Aston.

Old 03-14-2017, 08:15 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
I'm not a big fan of rules on an Aston Martin blog... go to the Audizine blog if you want rules... (we also have two Audi's).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.