Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Thunderhill Track day

Old 12-17-2016, 09:32 AM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
Thunderhill Track day

Looking for more info on the January 15th AMOC track day at Thunderhill. Missed it last year due to sorting out my coil issue. Anyone have more info or contact.
Tried the AMOC forum but no replies so thought I'd try here.

Old 12-17-2016, 11:59 AM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
PM sent.

Old 12-26-2016, 01:33 AM
XWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura aboutXWCGT has a spectacular aura about
Let me know too.. also let me know if anyone would want instruction during the day, as i would be available for coaching. (as well as taking mine for a few hot laps!

Old 01-02-2018, 09:20 PM
DonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant futureDonL has a brilliant future
AMOC Track Day: Sunday January 14, 2018

Updated information for 2018.
The weather at Thunderhill is expected to be sunny and in the low 60's...
All makes welcome, as well.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
TrackDayForm2018 (2).pdf (515.2 KB, 39 views)
Old 01-03-2018, 09:07 AM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
Huzzah! The stars have aligned! For the last three years I've had issues that have prevented me from making the trip. Coils, tires, job .....

Room booked and check's in the mail. Looking forward to exhibiting my mediocre talents on the track.

I heard there is a mandatory removal of a certain fuse upon entering the paddock.

Old 01-03-2018, 09:10 AM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Old phart
Looking for more info on the January 15th AMOC track day at Thunderhill. Missed it last year due to sorting out my coil issue. Anyone have more info or contact.
Tried the AMOC forum but no replies so thought I'd try here.
Looks like it is on Sunday the 14th.

Old 01-03-2018, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by EZ Cookin
Looks like it is on Sunday the 14th.
January 14, 2018; January 15, 2017...
Original post is from 2016; I didn't want to start a new thread.

Old 01-03-2018, 07:02 PM
sierraV12V is just really nicesierraV12V is just really nicesierraV12V is just really nicesierraV12V is just really nice
Wish I could make it this year...the last two years were a lot of fun.

Old 01-13-2018, 05:21 AM
Prepping for Sunday. 2 GoPros and a dash cam. Relearning/testing my OBD and data logger today.

Old 01-14-2018, 09:56 AM
Svx
Svx will become famous soon enough
Will this be the only t-hill track day this year for our cars? Love to come up and see and talk other owners.

Old 01-15-2018, 08:06 AM
Originally Posted by Svx
Will this be the only t-hill track day this year for our cars? Love to come up and see and talk other owners.
AMOC NorCal typically holds their one track day a year in January at Thunderhill.
Most of us were on the track when you posted your question .

Old 01-15-2018, 08:43 AM
DB11 "on track" drive car was available...

There was a nice turnout of Aston's, as well as other makes.

Los Gatos Aston Martin brought a number of cars, as well as a V8 DB11 which they let AMOC members (and others later) drive three laps on the track with an AM racing driver, Jeff, in the passenger seat.

Compared to my '07 Vantage, the performance increase certainly was noticeable despite the larger DB11-10 years makes a big difference as does 125 more horsepower!
However, three laps wasn't long enough for me to get really comfortable behind the wheel, but it did pique my curiosity in how well the new Vantage will perform with the twin-turbo V8...

Many thanks to Los Gatos Aston Martin for their continued support of AMOC events in the SF Bay area!!!

Bentley Mulsanne was something to see on the track.

Early Vantage

Hoodless...

Under the hood...

DB11 from Los Gatos Aston Martin

DB11 Interior

DB11 twin-turbo engine compartment

DB11 wheel arch/vent

Low mileage V12 Vantage on display

Old 01-15-2018, 10:19 AM
Svx
Svx will become famous soon enough
L

Looks like you guys had a blast yesterday! Love thie pics. I just joined AMOC , noticed that there is nothing on the West Coast portion of there website, it seems all content is on the main site. Are there going to be any meet ups over the next year (West Coast)?

Thanks��

Old 01-18-2018, 07:54 AM
Amazing day. Thanks George for putting it together and Don for the reminder.
My second track day. Was amazing being on the track with other Astons. When they passed! What a sound! If you haven't tracked your car you are missing out.

Always one corner that is just a bugger to get right. Mine was the back straight. You had to turn in late and I just couldn't do it. Anyway were's a quick video. May be embellished a bit.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.