Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Extended warranty?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 04:18 PM
ITALIAN-IGOR is an unknown quantity at this point
Extended warranty?

Does anyone know which is the best and most affordably priced extended warranty company for an Aston Martin Vantage Roadster? Can you always get an extended warranty from a Aston Martin Dealership?

Old 02-19-2018, 08:28 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I think the only one that makes any sense is Astons warranty, which you can put on any Aston in the first 10 years, but it must be able to pass a certification test [or, something like that]

Old 02-20-2018, 06:32 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
You also have to own the car 90 days if you did not buy it from an AM dealer before they are allowed to inspect it from certification.

Old 02-20-2018, 08:17 AM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
One reason (besides going broke at the recession) for having 5 Vantages over the past 11 years is to upgrade to the latest of course, but also to always be in warranty. If I keep my 2015 V12S past it's extended warranty I bought it with, I'll extend it as long as I own it. The previous V12S I owned was sold to another who was aware of it's history had the engine blew up a few weeks ago - Aston already replaced the engine under warranty. That alone more than pays a decades worth of warranty extensions. It was sold with two years extension.

Old 02-20-2018, 10:31 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
I have found warranty's for the most part to be a huge rip off

Old 02-20-2018, 03:12 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by sonies
I have found warranty's for the most part to be a huge rip off
The percentages are always with the warranty companies. If you can afford a fairly large repair bill, then play the percentage and forgo the warranty.
My 2 cents

Old 02-20-2018, 03:31 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I have recently come to find out a significant repair bill can cost as much as another used Aston like the one that broke.

Old 02-20-2018, 04:50 PM
mto
mto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud ofmto has much to be proud of
I would only go with the Aston warranty. Regarding cost, its expensive, so are the major repairs. Been on the fence, its like insurance. You buy it, and hopefully never need it.

Old 02-21-2018, 12:50 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Hi...if you only use the dealership for serving then a warranty if it makes you happy pay for it knowing that your car must be serviced by the dealer for the warranty to be valid.

I believe if you do repairs at Great independents
​​​​and perform most stuff such as brakes etc...yourself...a warranty is a waste.

I refuse to pay a 5 percent premium of what I paid for the car. I would Never give my broker 5 percent for insurance on my home...none of you smart people would I bet....

That stated I owe a vantage...if I killed a major part and could not replace...my wrenches come out and sell parts on eBay or different forums. I reviewed this option prior to buying. I knew I would not buy a warranty.

But if you own a higher cost Aston Martin ...you must decide on a personal basis on mileage driven and how deep your pockets can take a hit if something happens. Then a warranty makes sense on a car that still sells for 125 thousand and up...

While...recently all of us our following an engine problem with HO ...it still does not scare me into buying a warranty.

I feel if you buy a car from the dealer...most will include a warranty to move the car...good deal at that point and smart as peace of mind. This refects in another engine blown up...covering you against the sales people and their lack of knowledge or buying an abused car.

Hey guys...be safe

Old 02-21-2018, 01:33 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I agree on a lot of that, but comparing insurance on a home and a warranty on a car is not apples to apples. If you drove your home on the street and exposed it to the same conditions and risks of a car, that insurance on a home would be a whole lot more than 5%! The $2500+/- annually for the warranty just let's me sleep better. I used to have Lagondas before the Vantages, had three of them - essentially the older 80's Aston running gear with far worse electronics. They were like owning my plane - every time I took a drive wondering what would fail next, and what that would cost. In the end I drove the Lagondas far less than my Vantages under warranty.

Old 02-22-2018, 03:01 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Hey Prefurbia...Lagonda cars...Aston type like Zagato Lagonda Rapide? Or true lagondas?

Did you ever have the Shooting Brake model(s)?

You are a true Aston Martin guy...nice! I read where at one point Dave Brown was going to drop the Aston Martin name and use Lagonda instead but found only English people knew this brand so dropped that idea.

I thought Lagonda cars were a top model but as with everything Aston did over the years...go to direct injection failed with it so back to carbs...

You should detail your choices of Astons in a separate thread...many have no idea...

As for insurance...I see your point and feel both maybe helped this guy see different opinions and judge for himself.

Thank you for sharing...safe driving

Old 03-18-2018, 08:05 PM
Denny 6.53 is an unknown quantity at this point
My local Aston dealer in Cleveland quoted around $4500 per year for a warranty on my soon to arrive 2011 V8V S.
Typical ?

Old 03-19-2018, 05:21 AM
W126C will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Denny 6.53
quoted around $4500 per year for a warranty
Typical ?
Yep, that sounds about right.

Regards,

Old 03-19-2018, 05:57 AM
in the past i was paying about $2500 a year for the first 2 years after warranty, and slightly higher but not double for the additional years.

Old 03-19-2018, 02:12 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Denny 6.53
My local Aston dealer in Cleveland quoted around $4500 per year for a warranty on my soon to arrive 2011 V8V S.
Typical ?
seems high to me, I think i was quoted 3500 (in Chicago) on my 2010 V8V

they are always negotiable, and they usually mark them up over 100% so negotiate accordingly

Just remember wear items aren't covered by a warranty (clutch/brakes, etc.)... so to me it wasn't a good deal as I wasn't going to put enough miles on it to warrant that sort of cost

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Extended warranty?