Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Aston is teasing us again

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2023, 12:57 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Aston is teasing us again

Not of what's to come. But what we might lose.

White-knuckled. Open-hearted. Eyes-widened.

Where risk is the reward and we can still dance on the edge. Remember it? We do.

Uncontaminated. Unadulterated. Unfiltered. And strictly limited.

#ForeverFearless

11. 07. 23

Old 07-10-2023, 01:05 PM
volvodrummer will become famous soon enough
Hah! Yup. My bet is that you're looking at the Vantage "refresh" dash/console layout. Still all the MB controls, just relocated. We knew the Vantage would be revealed this year. Perhaps like before a "limited" run of manual cars like the AMRs but to be a regular option the following year. As before, no way they spend R&D $ for a handful of specials only.

Old 07-10-2023, 01:07 PM
That also looks like a play on the shift **** from the "Victor".
Since we're left to fantasize here... What if Stroll really does understand what customers/enthusiasts want? Looking around at Porsche, Lotus, and other marques being lauded for offering manual transmissions perhaps he sees that the sports car of the range would benefit from that as well, if done right?

Last edited by volvodrummer; 07-10-2023 at 01:17 PM. Reason: more thoughts...
Old 07-10-2023, 01:41 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
If we're fantasizing, that is the limited probably dogleg manual Vantage prototype.

Now if they could only make it look good from the front and back, the side is sweet.

Old 07-10-2023, 07:52 PM
sf911c2 has a spectacular aura aboutsf911c2 has a spectacular aura about
If that is the vantage interior refresh I'm somewhat disappointed...hoping for the DB12 update...We'll have to wait to a few months to see whole interior..

AM maybe pulling a Porsche...it looks like a manual gear shift but actually is a PDK

Last edited by sf911c2; 07-10-2023 at 08:00 PM.
Old 07-10-2023, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by sf911c2
AM maybe pulling a Porsche...it looks like a manual gear shift but actually is a PDK
That would be very stupid of them, and a waste of $ to relocate all those controls for a dummy stick. It appears as there is a shift pattern on the **** pictured and I don't see any paddles on the wheel or column. The other accompanying picture (on Twitter) also showed 3 pedals.

Old 07-10-2023, 08:36 PM
Semitone is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm thinking a new special edition..something like the DBR22 with a stick. Possibly use the manual from the Victor? It'll be a small fortune.

Just a wild guess on my part.

Old 07-11-2023, 05:05 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
The whole issue on the manual Vantage was getting it work right. They must've spent more time developing this to make this viable option? I like the looks of the shifter more on this version.

AML also hinted at illuminated door sill plaques.

Old 07-11-2023, 07:30 AM
Originally Posted by Semitone
I'm thinking a new special edition..something like the DBR22 with a stick. Possibly use the manual from the Victor? It'll be a small fortune.

Just a wild guess on my part.
I just realized I read the date wrong. I thought the tease was for a November release. Prob just another high priced special.
Doesn’t mean that the R&D spent on a manual option won’t make it into the next Vantage though.

Old 07-11-2023, 08:58 AM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
At least you can get a free Slurpee today.
Haven't seen an update for a new vehicle yet. Perhaps @ 12pm Eastern time?

Old 07-11-2023, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by J doubleU
At least you can get a free Slurpee today.
Haven't seen an update for a new vehicle yet. Perhaps @ 12pm Eastern time?
😂 yup, seems like 12noon EST.

Old 07-11-2023, 10:37 AM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
So it's a Victor with twin turbos. What am I missing here?

https://www.astonmartin.com/en-us/models/valour

Old 07-11-2023, 10:45 AM
Yup, they didn't tease us for long. Probably priced like the Victor, and still has that stuck on screen on the dash. At least it's a manual!

Old 07-11-2023, 01:15 PM
LuvBurninFuel will become famous soon enough
It look kind of Ford Mustang to me, the front end, profile, roof line? Which is not a bad thing.

Old 07-11-2023, 02:32 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
Not bad for $1 million, wish it didn't have the cheap old screen and went DB12 electronics, but cool.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aston is teasing us again