What did you do to your Aston today? - Page 15 - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Go Back  6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource > British > Aston Martin
Reload this Page >

What did you do to your Aston today?

Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Aston today?

Old 01-13-2018, 05:29 AM
Simonhaddow1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red vent detailing, 5 minute job
I've darkened the photo out to bring out the red.

Old 01-13-2018, 09:04 AM
Simonhaddow1 is an unknown quantity at this point
And a couple....

Old 01-25-2018, 09:01 PM
programmatore is a name known to allprogrammatore is a name known to allprogrammatore is a name known to allprogrammatore is a name known to allprogrammatore is a name known to allprogrammatore is a name known to all
Finally got around to applying the Velocity AP ECU Tune. I had the Velocity AP twin plate clutch and lightweight flywheel, and the Velocity AP 200 cell sports cats installed last year. It was such a nice upgrade from stock that I put off applying the ECU tune -- work and traveling got in the way, too. Anyway, I am looking forward to testing out the new tune this weekend with temps supposed to be in the low 50's.

I already had the QuickSilver sports exhaust, N400 sideskirts, and RSC Tuning spacers (15mm front, 20mm rear) installed previously for sound and looks. I am thinking of getting the Velocity AP X-pipe and possibly headers as well. Also considering getting the Wilwood 2-piece slotted rotors when mine need replacing.

What do you guys recommend as my next mod? Thanks!

Old 01-26-2018, 04:32 AM
handyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to beholdhandyman2009 is a splendid one to behold
You got it pretty well all covered, very nice

Old 01-26-2018, 06:50 AM
Gene G is a splendid one to beholdGene G is a splendid one to beholdGene G is a splendid one to beholdGene G is a splendid one to beholdGene G is a splendid one to beholdGene G is a splendid one to beholdGene G is a splendid one to behold
Very nice. You are really going to like the tune. It must be loud with the sport exhaust and 200 cel cats. I have 200 cell cats an X pipe and the Quicksilver exhaust and it is much louder than stock but not too loud. The X pipe will quiet it down some and give it a more exotic sound.

Old 01-27-2018, 01:33 PM
Prefurbia is a splendid one to beholdPrefurbia is a splendid one to beholdPrefurbia is a splendid one to beholdPrefurbia is a splendid one to beholdPrefurbia is a splendid one to beholdPrefurbia is a splendid one to beholdPrefurbia is a splendid one to behold
Changed the grill color

Picked up the new grill change today - it's a copper color - I-Phone pict does not do it justice in my warehouse. Makes a nice contrast. $100 change!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Grill.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	236.1 KB
ID:	519955  
Old 01-27-2018, 01:40 PM
Prefurbia is a splendid one to beholdPrefurbia is a splendid one to beholdPrefurbia is a splendid one to beholdPrefurbia is a splendid one to beholdPrefurbia is a splendid one to beholdPrefurbia is a splendid one to beholdPrefurbia is a splendid one to behold
Better Picture

Took this - a bit more like actual

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	GillA.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	163.2 KB
ID:	519956  
Old 01-27-2018, 02:20 PM
jfdeasy9608 is an unknown quantity at this point
Programmatore,

Who installed your clutch and flywheel? Just curious if it was an indie shop in the area.

Old 01-27-2018, 04:07 PM
programmatore is a name known to allprogrammatore is a name known to allprogrammatore is a name known to allprogrammatore is a name known to allprogrammatore is a name known to allprogrammatore is a name known to all
Originally Posted by jfdeasy9608 View Post
Programmatore,

Who installed your clutch and flywheel? Just curious if it was an indie shop in the area.
I took it to dealership, Aston Martin of Washington, DC. Although it is a pretty straightforward job and a qualified indie mechanic can do it, I have an ASM transmission and the ASM has to be programmed after the clutch installation so it learns the new clutch engagement points, etc. The indie shop I take my Porsches to did not have the right computer for the job.

Anyway, Aston Martin of Washington, DC (a.k.a. Exclusive Automotive Group) has always provided me good service and their rate is reasonable so I usually take the Aston there unless it is a really simple but labor intensive job like installing the RSC Tuning wheel spacers which required pressing out the old (short) bolts and pressing in the new (longer) ones. I got that done at my indie shop for a fraction of what the dealer quoted!

If you're interested in getting 200 cell cats, x-pipes, or a muffler, get it done at the same time. That's what I did (200 cell cats) and saved $$ in labor since to replace the clutch the exhaust has to go out anyways. The AM tech replaced the clutch and put in the new cats as opposed to reinstalling the stock one.

Old 01-28-2018, 04:53 AM
jfdeasy9608 is an unknown quantity at this point
Good to know. I bought my V8V from them, but haven't needed any servicing that I couldn't do myself.

Old 01-28-2018, 08:28 AM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
Fitted rear brakes. Going with Porterfield this time in hopes of reduced dust. Warning light came on as I was returning home from recent track day. Richard get your site back up as I would have purchased from there but you're down for your Florida transition. Hope all is going smoothly.

Old 01-29-2018, 11:33 AM
lilseevs is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know the width of our front bumpers? V8V, trying to have a buddy create a custom front splitter. Not near the car at the moment to grab measurements

Old 01-29-2018, 02:08 PM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold

Added these wings. I found the item on Aston bits. <br/>

Old 02-02-2018, 03:27 PM
oldfool is on a distinguished road
Sold mine today I wasn't using it and I think my friend that bought it and his young son will have a blast with it. Suppose to close Monday. 2012 s soft top perfect condition loaded with all options.

Old 02-21-2018, 02:45 PM
Mathman85 is a jewel in the roughMathman85 is a jewel in the roughMathman85 is a jewel in the roughMathman85 is a jewel in the rough
I picked it up from storage today... came back with new shoes (Pilot Sport 4S), a new car cover (green with yellow piping), and new side strakes...

Fed it for the first time since November 25th...

... just the beginning of the carbon fiber upgrades...

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
Join 6SpeedOnline
Visit our Sponsors