Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

What did you do to your Aston today?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 05:31 PM
svre46 will become famous soon enough
What did you do to your Aston today?

I have seen threads like this on other forums but not on here. I figured I would start one.

Here is what I did on my Vantage today.

- Finished my Clear Tail Light install. Will be getting the CHMSL from Rich (Redpants)

- I did a full clutch and brake fluid flush. I chose to go with Pentosin Super DOT 4.

Name:  20170418_170433_zpslwd1udxg.jpg
Views: 2230
Size:  414.3 KB

Name:  20170419_183236_zpsstzuvoxc.jpg
Views: 2231
Size:  499.6 KB

Name:  Collage%202017-04-19%2018_03_27_zpsoqf6mt7s.jpg
Views: 2169
Size:  167.5 KB

Last edited by svre46; 04-20-2017 at 09:15 AM.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:50 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Could you send me more info on that MaxJax? I have a low ceiling and this looks like it might work for me.

Cheers.

Old 04-19-2017, 06:14 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
^ lol I had the same reaction... "A lift that might fit in my garage?!?!"

Old 04-19-2017, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by Dalecannavan
Could you send me more info on that MaxJax? I have a low ceiling and this looks like it might work for me.

Cheers.

Pm'd sir.

Old 04-19-2017, 06:35 PM
skywagon is a jewel in the roughskywagon is a jewel in the roughskywagon is a jewel in the rough
I just ordered the European bumper upgrade kit with the carbon fiber option. The European kit does not include the corner marker lights nor the plastic insert pieces on either side of the license plate. I was not a fan of either so I had Rich help me in configuring the right kit to work. I also added in a set of V12S side sills so my N400 side sills will be removed and sold.

This is the first stage of some significant upgrades to my 2007. I am currently undecided on some details though. I will be starting a thread after these parts have arrived. This is formerly KarlFranz's car; I purchased it after the owner whom he sold it to parted with it after not even a year.

Most recent image:

Old 04-19-2017, 08:18 PM
AMG_Beast is on a distinguished road
I put the satin powder coated grille back together in 4 slat format. I should have pics this weekend.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:48 AM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
Great idea - why haven't we done this on 6speed yet??

Originally Posted by svre46

Would you mind measuring the distance between the outside of the mounting plates? Worried about total width and really need one of these

Originally Posted by skywagon
I just ordered the European bumper upgrade kit with the carbon fiber option. The European kit does not include the corner marker lights nor the plastic insert pieces on either side of the license plate. I was not a fan of either so I had Rich help me in configuring the right kit to work. I also added in a set of V12S side sills so my N400 side sills will be removed and sold.
Ordered a few more necessary parts for my grey car, and stole a page out of skywagon's book and ordered the European rear bumper. Should go nicely with the GT4 front bumper fascia, which also has no corner lights.

Registered my red car, finally, which entailed sitting at the DMV for an hour and 45 minutes and paying nearly $1700. F'ing Virginia

Old 04-20-2017, 08:45 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
I'm not even joking I was thinking about starting a thread like this two days ago! There was one on the Land Rover forum I used to visit. Great minds think alike I guess.

I haven't done anything lately other than drive it now that the weather is starting to turn gorgeous, I seriously don't enjoy anything more than doing that, it is my happy place!

Most recent thing over the last few months was I replaced my damaged 6-slat grill with a new 8 slatter, changed the wiper blades to the Bosch ICONs and replaced the case on my plastic ECU to a new one

Had the dealer do the annual service and brake fluid and oil changes as there is literally zero room in my garage to do stuff like that

Old 04-20-2017, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by Redpants
Great idea - why haven't we done this on 6speed yet??

Would you mind measuring the distance between the outside of the mounting plates? Worried about total width and really need one of these

I can get you the measurements I used when I get home. I have mine out pretty wide since I had sized it to fit a C6Z. I think it was a good 126" or so. Door room was a must.

Last edited by svre46; 04-20-2017 at 09:16 AM.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by sonies
I'm not even joking I was thinking about starting a thread like this two days ago! There was one on the Land Rover forum I used to visit. Great minds think alike I guess.

I haven't done anything lately other than drive it now that the weather is starting to turn gorgeous, I seriously don't enjoy anything more than doing that, it is my happy place!

Most recent thing over the last few months was I replaced my damaged 6-slat grill with a new 8 slatter, changed the wiper blades to the Bosch ICONs and replaced the case on my plastic ECU to a new one

Had the dealer do the annual service and brake fluid and oil changes as there is literally zero room in my garage to do stuff like that

I like threads like this because it is a good way to share ideas or new products when people purchase them or install them. You prefer the look of the 8 Slat grill over the 6?

Last edited by svre46; 04-20-2017 at 09:16 AM.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:40 AM
smdzucladoc is on a distinguished road
Getting ready to put this bad boy on. Got it from aston martin bits. Its crazy how light carbon fiber is

Old 04-20-2017, 11:18 AM
skywagon is a jewel in the roughskywagon is a jewel in the roughskywagon is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by smdzucladoc
Getting ready to put this bad boy on. Got it from aston martin bits. Its crazy how light carbon fiber is
That's the European rear diffuser as it lacks the holes for the plate fillers. I have the same part coming for my car. Please post a photo when installed as I think others might like to see that with a US plate as well.

Last edited by skywagon; 04-20-2017 at 11:59 AM.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:44 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Registered my red car, finally, which entailed sitting at the DMV for an hour and 45 minutes and paying nearly $1700. F'ing Virginia [/QUOTE]

Damn! Got to love Florida no income or personal property tax. When I registered
the green Aston took all of 10 minutes and cost $170.

Old 04-20-2017, 12:47 PM
smdzucladoc is on a distinguished road
Yeah was worried about how it would look. But the plate filler is the dark gray plastic and I think it looks so out of place next to the carbon.
Hopefully it turns out ok.

Originally Posted by skywagon
That's the European rear diffuser as it lacks the holes for the plate fillers. I have the same part coming for my car. Please post a photo when installed as I think others might like to see that with a US plate as well.

Old 04-20-2017, 01:14 PM
Jeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to behold
I find the BendPak Ranger QuickJacks to be a lot more versatile and less expensive than the MaxJax. But having any kind of lift is awesome!

Made changing to Porterfield brake pads and painting wheel hubs much easier.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160618_112121951.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	576.4 KB
ID:	474688  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Aston today?