Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

What did you do to your Aston today?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 01:32 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by svre46
I like threads like this because it is a good way to share ideas or new products when people purchase them or install them. You prefer the look of the 8 Slat grill over the 6?
yes, I do, I know I'm probably in the minority but I think it fills out the face of the car more and looks more 'aston' rather than 'ford focus' to me

Old 04-20-2017, 02:02 PM
svre46 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by sonies
yes, I do, I know I'm probably in the minority but I think it fills out the face of the car more and looks more 'aston' rather than 'ford focus' to me

Old 04-20-2017, 02:32 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Lol I remember that picture from a long time ago!

anyway here's the comparison I posted
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4618952

Hope to see you at supercar saturdays in 2 weeks fellow Chicagoan!

Old 04-20-2017, 04:05 PM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
My girlfriend has a Fusion and keeps joking about doing a photoshoot with the two Vantages and 'Rapide' -_-

I'm a fan of the bright-finish 8-bar grille, too

Old 04-20-2017, 04:37 PM
skywagon is a jewel in the roughskywagon is a jewel in the roughskywagon is a jewel in the rough
I am a fan of horizontal bar polished/chrome grilles. I am going to run my current 8 bar grille after I install the bumper upgrade kit to see how it looks.

Old 04-20-2017, 04:59 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Jeff_335i
I find the BendPak Ranger QuickJacks to be a lot more versatile and less expensive than the MaxJax. But having any kind of lift is awesome!

Made changing to Porterfield brake pads and painting wheel hubs much easier.
I like the look of this too, especially since it does not require any drilling into the floor. Is there enough room to work underneath?

Old 04-20-2017, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by sonies

Hope to see you at supercar saturdays in 2 weeks fellow Chicagoan!
I live near South Barrington and should be able to make the one on the one on June 3rd. I will be on vacation so I can't make the May 6th date.

Old 04-21-2017, 09:30 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks to Rich from Redpants. With the help from his diy videos I changed the oil and the transaxle oil today. The bypass filters torx bolts were stripped. Cut a slot in them with the dremel. Then used a chisel and a hammer to get them out. Next time will be easier because Rich supplied hex bolts to replace them. Sure made a mess when the oil came out from where the bypass filter are. Thanks again for the tip on the gear lube bottles. That worked great and didn't have to use a fluid pump.

Old 04-22-2017, 02:57 AM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Old 04-23-2017, 06:28 PM
Jeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Dalecannavan
I like the look of this too, especially since it does not require any drilling into the floor. Is there enough room to work underneath?
Yes, it can be raised to a position about 6" taller than the one in the photo. Then there is enough room underneath to roll under on a creeper and work comfortably or to slide under and lay on your side. If I slide under on my back without a creeper I can nearly fully extend my arms upwards. It would be tall enough to do a clutch job on a Vantage.

I was at a Chump Car race at Road America all weekend and brought the Quickjacks along. What a Godsend when the exhaust fell off our car and we needed to work underneath to repair it. Also was great for changing brake pads and rotating tires. Jack stands seem positively lethal in comparison.

Old 04-24-2017, 02:38 PM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Redpants
Registered my red car, finally, which entailed sitting at the DMV for an hour and 45 minutes and paying nearly $1700. F'ing Virginia
Stop your *****in'...

I didn't have to go to the DMV to reg my 'new' used car, dealer did it for me. But on the other hand, it did cost me $10K..

Had PPF applied to her today. They even did the black anodized tread plates, the nameplate inserts, and the wings badge on the hood. Can't even see it...

Old 04-24-2017, 06:23 PM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
Changed my wheel order for my red car from polished to gloss black, and decided to keep all the black on the car (except the roof, the girlfriend really doesn't like it lol). The red and black scheme has really grown on me quite a bit and I'm going to stick with it.

Originally Posted by Gene G
Thanks to Rich from Redpants. With the help from his diy videos I changed the oil and the transaxle oil today. The bypass filters torx bolts were stripped. Cut a slot in them with the dremel. Then used a chisel and a hammer to get them out. Next time will be easier because Rich supplied hex bolts to replace them. Sure made a mess when the oil came out from where the bypass filter are. Thanks again for the tip on the gear lube bottles. That worked great and didn't have to use a fluid pump.
Glad I could help!

Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Stop your *****in'...

I didn't have to go to the DMV to reg my 'new' used car, dealer did it for me. But on the other hand, it did cost me $10K..
Ouch....

Old 04-25-2017, 08:15 PM
AMG_Beast is on a distinguished road
Been a fun week after getting car back from Motorwerks. Grilled, paint correction and G technic coating, and vanity plate. Now for some interior mods and HFC cats and tune.

Old 04-26-2017, 06:35 AM
So this morning I started my car and I got the "Left Indicator" bulb out warning. All the indicators work. Upon further investigation with a multi-meter I can see the following:

1) My left tail light has an open ohm reading between the wire that powers the rear indicator LEDs (12VDC) and one of the ground wires in the harness. That particular wire appears to be part of the car's bulb failure circuit. It has continuity to ground on the vehicle harness. I will finish the pin outs and save it for anyone ever wanting to diagnose their tail lights on their Aston. I am going on vacation tomorrow but will try my best to do it tonight.

2) I measured a known good LED tail light and it reads 75 OHMs of resistance across the two pins in question (when disconnected from the car). I will check my other clear tail light and verify this resistance is the same or similar to my old pair of red tail lights.

3) I rigged up a 70 OHM load resistor (had a few laying around in the garage) temporarily across the two pins in question and the error message went away once I put the tail light back in.

What this tells me is the ground path (for the indicator sensing circuit) from my factory harness is open inside my tail light.

This leaves me two options:

1) Leave the load resistor in and never know if a bulb fails. There will be no error message and saves me from a new tail light or opening mine up. (kind of a lazy way to do it IMO) My OCD will probably get to me knowing that there is some "ghetto rigged" fix.

2) Open the light up and trace the failure out. I think I will do this but I would hate to damage the light in the process. I do have an electronics background but I have never separated a lens from a tail light. I will need to do some due diligence in the research department.

Last edited by svre46; 04-26-2017 at 06:45 AM.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:42 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
First off a big thanks to handyman 2009. Took the rear bumper off to fix the bumper bracket. It was making a bump on the bumper. Also replaced a missing screw on one of the license fillers. Amazing how much work to replace a missing screw and adjust the bumper bracket. I guess I'm getting old or am not much of a mechanic. Took all day today. Of course I have to clean everything in sight before I put it back together.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Aston today?