Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

What did you do to your Aston today?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 05:19 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Replaced the rear blade under the bumper. I scratched it when taking the rear bumper off. I tried to paint but it came out jut like s--t. So had it hydro dipped to look like carbonfiber. It doesn't show much in the photos but looks great in person. Also put logos on the floor mats.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0456.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	476217   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0455.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	2.03 MB
ID:	476218   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0460.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	1,010.2 KB
ID:	476219  
Old 05-12-2017, 05:41 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Finally got out at 1am to do the coast down procedure. Headed to the Turnpike, I figured the safest spot would be where it splits to Cars - Trucks and I'd have 3 lanes of cars only and light traffic, mostly very straight and pretty flat, and pretty well lit. Amazing how much traffic there was at 1:30. 40 miles, and, the Cars side was closed!! ;/ Turned around, and for some reason traffic got light. So I did it on the way back, 6 times I think [should be enough to store the codes!] the last time, was the last, I swear those headlights were getting really big when I was just cresting under 35 and he dodged out around me at the last second.

I asked the tech where he did it and he said on the shoulder of 295, but it was sketchy. I bet, if you've ever seen how much crap is on the shoulders of the road

Love the logos on the floor mats. Where did they come from?

Old 05-12-2017, 06:24 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
I got the iron Aston Martin logo patches on eBay. They $7.98 each from Tampa Fl. I had ordered som others but they didn't look nice.

Old 05-13-2017, 11:03 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Thanks, found them as was about to buy and I realized, I don't have an iron!!

Old 05-13-2017, 11:21 AM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Gene G
Replaced the rear blade under the bumper. I scratched it when taking the rear bumper off. I tried to paint but it came out jut like s--t. So had it hydro dipped to look like carbonfiber. It doesn't show much in the photos but looks great in person. Also put logos on the floor mats.
I really like your interior color. Very warm and rich looking.
Ron

Old 05-14-2017, 05:59 PM
AMG_Beast is on a distinguished road
Installed the GROM kit with Bluetooth. Very simple. Also installed a new piano black waterfall so if anyone needs a cracked one they want to have a body shop repair let me know.
-Sterling

Old 05-14-2017, 06:17 PM
Jeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to beholdJeff_335i is a splendid one to behold
Did my first Aston Martin DIY oil change today. Used my new jack pads from hsm precision with my Quickjacks lift, that was awesome. The oil change was easy enough, didn't run into any problems with stuck bypass filter bolts or frozen spin-on filter. It's a bit like changing oil on 4 cars at once since you have to drain oil from so many locations!

Old 05-15-2017, 10:40 AM
ahcjar103 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jeff_335i
Did my first Aston Martin DIY oil change today. Used my new jack pads from hsm precision with my Quickjacks lift, that was awesome. The oil change was easy enough, didn't run into any problems with stuck bypass filter bolts or frozen spin-on filter. It's a bit like changing oil on 4 cars at once since you have to drain oil from so many locations!
also did my first AM diy oil change this past weekend on saturday. unfortunately the last bypass filter bolt was stripped, and after dremel, impact screwdriver, and finally drilling we got it out. other than that everything went smoothly.

also did the gear oil and cabin filters. good day!

Old 05-15-2017, 03:01 PM
Put some Aston Martin logos on the center caps of the BC Forged wheels.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0464.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	955.0 KB
ID:	476359  
Old 05-15-2017, 07:00 PM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough
Put the insurance back on it so I can get my annual stickers and drive it again .

Old 05-15-2017, 07:46 PM
svre46 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by AMG_Beast
Been a fun week after getting car back from Motorwerks. Grilled, paint correction and G technic coating, and vanity plate. Now for some interior mods and HFC cats and tune.
Any additional pics? I want to see the dark grill from a distance if possible.

Old 05-15-2017, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by svre46
I'll have my wife take some tomorrow.

Old 05-19-2017, 09:02 AM
911MTB will become famous soon enough
I installed the VelocityAP Tune. My car is stock with the exception of a Quicksilver Sport exhaust. Sorry I do not have dyno numbers. However, the seat of my pants is very pleased with the tune. It really wakes the car up. Throttle response is much quicker, revs build faster and the pull is definitely stronger now. I felt the car had a bit of a grand touring feel since I bought it. With the tune it feels much more like the sports car it should be. I have to admit it makes me want to drive the car harder and faster. Very pleased with the tune and I highly recommend it!

Old 05-19-2017, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by svre46
Hope these help. I'll get more where I'm not standing in the garage making the grille look darker than it is.

Old 05-21-2017, 03:30 AM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Ordered a new wheel from a guy in Poland I have used a couple of times before

he does a great job and very reasonable

will put up a photo when I get it in a few weeks

Graze

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Aston today?