Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

What did you do to your Aston today?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2018, 08:45 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
It was time for the four-year service:

4-year service day (not pictured: K&N filter recharge kit, pollen filters, oil filter and hardware)

QuickJack making life less stressful

Before (note the dragonfly)

So fresh and so clean

Ready for install. Note that they are not saturated in oil--they should be colored, but not dripping. If they are dripping, you applied too much oil and that could foul your mass airflow sensors.

Thank you to Rich for not only the service parts, but for the wonderful factory-looking catch can, that I got to drain for the first time:

I still have to do the pollen filters and transaxle fluid, but I'm exhausted so I called it a night.

Last edited by Mathman85; 08-11-2018 at 08:49 PM.
Old 08-11-2018, 09:15 PM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Mathman

very satisfying doing it yourself isn't it!
and knowing how well things like the catch can work - even if exhausting

well done

Graze

Old 08-12-2018, 10:40 AM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Definitely more satisfying than swiping a credit card. lol Thanks!

Old 08-13-2018, 04:42 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Yesterday, attended a local Car Show for charity and won Best Exotic Car

Old 08-15-2018, 08:59 PM
Daarthvader is an unknown quantity at this point
Ceramic coated her

Old 08-16-2018, 12:20 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Planning on putting a lift in my garage so the first step is get garage door rails that go to the ceiling. Went to a local garage door place down the street. Sales guy asked if I had a picture of the garage. I looked through the phone and found a picture of my old Vantage and Jag inside the garage with a light cover of snow. He's like "Is that an Aston Martin?" I was like yes, but you should see the one I have now. After we set contact info and scheduled someone to come out, I was like "Check out what I got outside..." He was over the moon when he saw the Rapide. I gave him my usual tour of the car. Popped the hood and he was like wow over the engine. Showed him the back seat the hatch. Dropped down the divider and folded the seat. He was quite impressed and I don't think he had seen this model before. Told him I needed something more practical than the Vantage and all that. I ended with "Don't tell the sales guy about my car... I want a good quote on the work!"

Old 08-16-2018, 12:35 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
Planning on putting a lift in my garage so the first step is get garage door rails that go to the ceiling. Went to a local garage door place down the street. Sales guy asked if I had a picture of the garage. I looked through the phone and found a picture of my old Vantage and Jag inside the garage with a light cover of snow. He's like "Is that an Aston Martin?" I was like yes, but you should see the one I have now. After we set contact info and scheduled someone to come out, I was like "Check out what I got outside..." He was over the moon when he saw the Rapide. I gave him my usual tour of the car. Popped the hood and he was like wow over the engine. Showed him the back seat the hatch. Dropped down the divider and folded the seat. He was quite impressed and I don't think he had seen this model before. Told him I needed something more practical than the Vantage and all that. I ended with "Don't tell the sales guy about my car... I want a good quote on the work!"
They are so rare. I've never seen one on the street. Heck, I can't even remember ever seeing one at our summer exotic car meet. And it's a huge event.

Old 08-16-2018, 12:39 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by blue2000s
They are so rare. I've never seen one on the street. Heck, I can't even remember ever seeing one at our summer exotic car meet. And it's a huge event.
I've been to a few Cars & Coffee where someone comments how tight the back seat is (or so they heard). I am like, have seat and tell me what you think? They are all like "Wow, there enough room back here; not bad at all." Like all of us, we rely on what we read and hear if we are unable to learn or see it first hand. It really pisses me off how auto journalists say that about the Rapide or that some other car is faster in a straight line... For one, none of those other sedans drive anything like a Rapide and who is going cross country in a Rapide with 4 people? Couple of hours is no problem. If I were to go longer, we'd just swap seats so everyone has some front and rear seat time...

Old 08-18-2018, 05:06 PM
patrija is on a distinguished road
Cleaned the car, motorcycle and garage ;-)

Old 08-18-2018, 05:36 PM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by patrija
Cleaned the car, motorcycle and garage ;-)

Love it! I have a garage gym too and I think our Aston's look perfect amongst the equipment!

Old 09-01-2018, 05:00 AM
RickyG is on a distinguished road
The white of the car and the white of the inner grille didn’t match. So I filmed it black instead.

and added a bit of color to match the calipers

Old 09-01-2018, 08:08 AM
supraholic will become famous soon enoughsupraholic will become famous soon enough
Looks great Ricky! I love the orange; it’s pretty unique on an Aston!

Old 09-04-2018, 09:14 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
hah that looks cool! did you get the idea from me by chance?

Old 09-04-2018, 10:10 AM
RickyG is on a distinguished road
Nice. I got the idea from this:

I believe the (previous?) owner of that car works at Aston Martin.

Goes with the orange accents of my interior too:

Last edited by RickyG; 09-04-2018 at 10:14 AM.
Old 04-21-2019, 02:46 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of

Traded my 2015 V12S Onyx Black with Black interior with Tamo Ash Ski Slope and yellow trim and brakes and a bronze grill for a 2017 V12S in Magnetic Silver with Sahara Tan interior at Ogara at Beverly HIlls. My 2015 V12S is still under factory warranty till July, has Xpel self healing full front clip and Cilajet Ceramic (Xpel and CilaJet done just over a year ago). Since I have an extended warranty, there are no issues and all services done. It should be at Ogara in a few weeks. This is a non-abused V12S with 13,200 miles on it - I've stored it winters and do not even drive it in the rain. If looking for a black on black it will be a safe buy.

Old and new car above (picts of new one from Ogara, as I do not have it yet)...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Aston today?