Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New steering wheel installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 07:49 PM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
New steering wheel installed

While I've had no time to work on changing out my ***** to the new nickel plated parts, I got my steering wheel from DCT Motorsports and just couldn't help myself so had to make time to quickly install it.

I went with piano black wood and smooth leather with white stitching to match the rest of the interior. My plan is to phase out the carbon fiber in favor of more piano black wood and leather finishes. The next will be leather door cappings and black interior door pulls.

Got a new wheel for my Ferrari 360 as well from Ivan.. Really good stuff.

Old 04-20-2017, 11:38 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
That may be the best looking steering wheel I have seen. i'm sure it will be a fingerprint magnet but it looks stunning!

Old 04-21-2017, 04:53 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Will it stay that way with rings and so on, never the less a very nice addition...

Old 04-21-2017, 06:42 AM
Old phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the roughOld phart is a jewel in the rough
That looks fantastic.

Old 04-21-2017, 06:42 AM
W126C will become famous soon enough
I like it!

Regards,

Old 04-21-2017, 10:02 AM
XJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond reputeXJRS Owner has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice. Do you like the exaggerated thumb rests as compared to stock? My wheel retains the same look as stock, except for the wood additions, meaning both smooth and perforated leather and stock thumb rests.

Old 04-21-2017, 12:06 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Nicely done, a steering wgpheel upgrade can make a big difference in your driving enjoyment. I think a nice pair of driving gloves are now in order for you.
Ron

Old 04-21-2017, 01:33 PM
sdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to beholdsdekoning is a splendid one to behold
Stunning Eric, looks fab.

Old 04-21-2017, 01:55 PM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
wow!!

Old 04-21-2017, 04:42 PM
Boychiks is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks fantastic installed, Eric!

Old 04-21-2017, 04:54 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Very nice...Classy and not carbon fiber... Enjoy

Old 04-21-2017, 04:59 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Looks fantastic and very comfortable.

Is it any larger diameter than the OEM? My only complaint with my V8V wheel is the smaller diameter [not size of the wheel, the diameter of the rim itself].

Old 04-23-2017, 06:46 AM
speedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the roughspeedracer800 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
Looks fantastic and very comfortable.

Is it any larger diameter than the OEM? My only complaint with my V8V wheel is the smaller diameter [not size of the wheel, the diameter of the rim itself].
Yes it is quite a bit thicker. I asked for this as I agree with you regarding the OEM wheels being a bit "thin".. Especially for my giant mitts.

Old 04-23-2017, 06:51 AM
Originally Posted by XJRS Owner
Very nice. Do you like the exaggerated thumb rests as compared to stock? My wheel retains the same look as stock, except for the wood additions, meaning both smooth and perforated leather and stock thumb rests.
Thank you very much.. I do like it! I actually thought long and hard about that detail and I'm glad I went for it.

Old 04-23-2017, 06:58 AM
Thank you all very much for your kind words! I really appreciate it. Can't wait to get the shifter and other alloy pieces back from the plating shop to get installed as well. more pictures coming as the project moves along!

​​​​​​

​​​​​
​​​

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.