First pic new vantage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2024, 06:31 PM
Rjscharer is an unknown quantity at this point
First pic new vantage

Old 02-11-2024, 07:24 PM
Boris!2017 is an unknown quantity at this point
Harry from Harry's Garage does a lengthy interview with one of the Aston Tech guys and discusses all the changes to the new car. Horsepower and torque are way up. More advanced electronics for stability control, variable traction control, better cooling to handle the horsepower gain, etc.
Looks like the price is going to go up as expected. All in all it seems a more serious tool. Good to see Aston continuing to up their game and come out swinging with the new car. The car they showed also had the nice carbon sport seats and ceramic brakes. Betting the cost of that spec is north of 200K.

Old 02-11-2024, 07:46 PM
V12Vin is on a distinguished road
Great update imo. The interior especially and the newer headlights.

The performance gain though seems puzzling esp when the just released V12V is rated at 690hp and DB12 at 671hp. Who are they exactly targeting with this new new Vantage?

Old 02-11-2024, 08:27 PM
Good point. I don’t know where you would use all that power other than the track. My 503 hp is more than enough to handle. How much more will insurance cost?

Old 02-12-2024, 06:39 AM
From the interview done with Astons head of vehicle performance, he spends quite a bit of time discussing the changes to the chassis, suspension and the delivery of power , tweaks to the transmission etc. All in an attempt to have the car more buttoned down as he describes it. He mentions and compares to the 911 Turbo S level of performance as one of their goals.
He also goes into depth as to the all new AMG power plant with a new block, heads, runners and larger turbos as part of the new package.
There is now 9 levels of traction and stability control.
I do agree that the current 500hp does indeed feel adequate, but I suspect that the 30% increase will be managed well with the new set up on this car.
They purposely stayed with the current, but revised transmission and he discusses the reasons for this.
It appears that Aston is working hard to lure some of the customers away from other brands with this new model. Maybe even get some of the track guys on board to give them a try?

Old 02-12-2024, 10:06 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
This is exactly the car they needed to Vantage to be.

Old 02-12-2024, 03:44 PM
1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute1stV8V has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
This is exactly the car they needed to Vantage to be.
Completely agree. I love it. The interior alone is a gamechanger.

Old 02-12-2024, 05:56 PM
Druid1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by V12Vin
The performance gain though seems puzzling esp when the just released V12V is rated at 690hp and DB12 at 671hp. Who are they exactly targeting with this new new Vantage?
I haven't come close to taking my 2021 Vantage to the limit, but I would not turn down an extra 100+ HP. I think you need 600 HP to stay ahead of the Porsches of the world. Now AM just needs to bring back the manual for the refreshed Vantage.

Old 02-12-2024, 06:31 PM
With the extra 150 hp and 100 ft.lbs of torque, I would not hold my breath for Aston to design a new manual transmission to handle this new power output. Lets remember they had to lower the torque output of the AMR edition cars from 2020 so that the transmission could handle those numbers. It was interesting to hear the Aston rep discuss the reasons why they have chosen to stay with the current transmission as opposed to going with a dual clutch transmission.

Old 02-12-2024, 09:54 PM
007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about007JB has a spectacular aura about
After watching some of the reviews, I'm really excited about new vantage. It has lot great things that was missing from previous gen. Interior is really winner, front facia is so much nicer, and it has newer tech & lot more HP & torque. So far I haven't noticed anything not good, which is really good thing for me( OCD & committed VH platform Aston owner)
really maybe this will be the car that will be on my list, pending on seeing in flesh soon. Job well done Aston Martin team.

Old 02-13-2024, 07:27 AM
Matt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud of
I think it's a major step change for the Vantage and a wonderful one! While some think AM is chasing Ferrari with this car I think they are really after Porsche. Especially the Porsche 911 Turbo. I think the cost is going to be significantly more though. Stroll said he wanted to take the entire AM line way upscale, including cost, to be considered in the same discussion as Ferrari, McLaren etc. We'll see but I really like the move he's made so far.

Old 02-13-2024, 07:40 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Matt(inMA)
I think it's a major step change for the Vantage and a wonderful one! While some think AM is chasing Ferrari with this car I think they are really after Porsche. Especially the Porsche 911 Turbo. I think the cost is going to be significantly more though. Stroll said he wanted to take the entire AM line way upscale, including cost, to be considered in the same discussion as Ferrari, McLaren etc. We'll see but I really like the move he's made so far.
So far, all of the Stroll led cars are what they need to be. He's made the right hires for F1. Still needs a real CEO. Call me crazy, but I wouldn't mind seeing Andy Palmer back. With all the investment Stroll has made, it's done nothing for the stock. I was hoping the new Vantage would move the needle even a little.

Old 02-13-2024, 09:11 AM
Reports today a debt of 1.1 billion has to be addressed in the near future.

Old 02-13-2024, 10:38 AM
Import will become famous soon enough
Reckon they got it right…no complaints on any of it….now I need to find the readies..😂

Old 02-13-2024, 12:35 PM
LuvBurninFuel will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 007JB
After watching some of the reviews, I'm really excited about new vantage. It has lot great things that was missing from previous gen. Interior is really winner, front facia is so much nicer, and it has newer tech & lot more HP & torque. So far I haven't noticed anything not good, which is really good thing for me( OCD & committed VH platform Aston owner)
really maybe this will be the car that will be on my list, pending on seeing in flesh soon. Job well done Aston Martin team.
I agree. Miles above the last version, what it should have been. I always thought the 2018 AMR Pro was one of the most beautiful version of the VH platform and the front of this car comes close. The front no longer looks like a Catfish.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: First pic new vantage