Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Greetings from Niagara, Ontario, Canada

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-15-2018, 08:57 AM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 007V8Vantage
Everything downstream of the 200 cell cats are OEM stock exhaust and muffler.
OK-only difference than is I have the Quicksilver SS exhaust. It should like shots fired...I like the sound but many may not . Will try to capture a video! Did you do the Velocity AP clutch/flywheel when you did the headers?

Old 06-15-2018, 09:02 AM
007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light
This is the emissions warning and CEL DTC you will get after eliminating the EGR with the Velocity AP headers installed:

I recently had an appointment at Insultint to replace the 3M film with new clear thinner Suntek on the hood and passenger fender to match the driver's fender and headlights I did last year:

Also had a new piece installed on the freshly painted passenger rocker panel:

Old 06-15-2018, 09:28 AM
007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light007V8Vantage is a glorious beacon of light
Post Installing Redpants Air Box delete brackets

Basically I...

1) removed the upper air boxes secured by 3 bolts
2) removed the rest of the ducting prior to the air boxes
3) assembled the new high flow filter onto the brackets and mounted bracket to adapter with 2 screws

Then repeated everything on the other side of the car which takes half the time of the first side with the experience just gained.

I took lots of pics in case they can help someone thinking of doing this on their own Vantage:

Overall a cool easy mod you can do yourself, thanks Rich the design of the brackets works well and the filter fit is A+

Old 06-15-2018, 10:09 AM
Thumbs up Re / Re front grill, hood and fender vents for powder coating

I decided on a Satin Black finish to match the front and rear grills below the bumpers. It is the last of the gray exterior trim pieces to go with my black theme. It should also be easier to keep the grill looking clean as the bright grill finish had deteriorated and needed regular polishing. It also attracted wax residue and dirt due to the texture.
Dirt won't stick to the new satin black finish easily and even if it gets a little dirty it likely won't be as noticeable.

Removing the hood grills couldn't be easier, just remove the plastic nuts and slide off the studs after peeling the hood liner back to expose the vent grills.

The fender vents are more of a pain to access the 3 nuts along the centre line. Of course the fender liner is removed and you can reach the closer nuts from the front end while the furthest rear is easier reached from below. Tight fit for your hands if using regular length wrenches. a ratcheting closed end wrench definitely makes it easier...

The front grill is easiest to remove as a complete unit removing nuts and screws holding it on.

Took the 12 pieces (8 bar grill and 4 vents) to a local sandblaster and powdercoating shop. They liked that the grill pieces already had holes in them for hanging. I feel I got a great deal as cost was $70 cash for all 12 pieces.

Reinstalling them is reverse of removal for the vents.
Re-installation of the grill takes a little longer as you have to insert the 8 pieces in the correct order and length back into the holders - just take your time and it's all good. Leaving some of the bottom ones out makes it easier to get your hand in to tighten top nuts without dropping them

Here are the pics - either you'll like the finished look better or worse than OEM. All that really matters though is I'm happy with the results

Old 06-15-2018, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by DetomasoGTS74
OK-only difference than is I have the Quicksilver SS exhaust. It should like shots fired...I like the sound but many may not . Will try to capture a video! Did you do the Velocity AP clutch/flywheel when you did the headers?
No I didn't do clutch and flywheel only starter with headers.
Those mods would happen when the current clutch fails.

A new tune can eliminate the Rice Krispies (Snap, Crackle, Pop) if you don't like them...

Old 06-15-2018, 10:28 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sonies
that sounds amazing, I'm quite jealous! Maybe next year I'll be able to do those mods, too much going on right now!
Thanks!
Yeah me too need to slow done for a while as I just put the house on the market...

Old 06-15-2018, 05:29 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
Your Vantage looks amazing!
Ron

Last edited by Ron Avery; 06-19-2018 at 02:26 PM.
Old 06-17-2018, 08:40 PM
DetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud ofDetomasoGTS74 has much to be proud of
No I didn't do clutch and flywheel only starter with headers.
Those mods would happen when the current clutch fails.

A new tune can eliminate the Rice Krispies (Snap, Crackle, Pop) if you don't like them...
I still smile every time I let off following strong acceleration, will not be tuning them out!

Old 06-18-2018, 08:06 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Thanks!
Yeah me too need to slow done for a while as I just put the house on the market...

I'm doing the same in about 2 weeks, then I'm moving about 1900 miles westward

Old 06-18-2018, 09:15 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Kanga
Please remove the rubber grommet and spacer from the bracket, I didn't design them to be used this way. The flange on the bracket mates to the flange on the car to spread the load, there is a extruded ring on the side of the plastic bracket that fits into the metal bracket on the car to locate the assembly.
Thanks for the feedback. I need to adjust headlight housing placement so I'll address while I'm in there.

Yesterday I was out for a nice Father's Day drive (with Fuse 22 pulled)

Old 06-18-2018, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by Ron Avery
Your Vantage looks amazing!
Rone
Thanks Ron, between the looks and the noise it definitely turns a lot more heads these days...

Old 06-19-2018, 02:38 PM
Vantagelvr will become famous soon enoughVantagelvr will become famous soon enough

Yesterday I was out for a nice Father's Day drive (with Fuse 22 pulled)
My Dad lives in a retirement home but we got him out for the weekend as it was his 90th Birthday and fathers day .
As a treat we went out for brunch and I asked him which car are going in the Healey or the Aston ......Guess which he picked .

Old 06-26-2018, 08:02 PM
Cool Was a a local cruise night and an artist made this for me

He used just black markers and spent about 1/2 hour on it.
I gave him the $20 he suggested for the original (cheapest Vantage related thing I've bought to date).

Old 06-27-2018, 02:00 AM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
good artist!

looks great - wish I had one similar

Graeme

Old 06-27-2018, 06:01 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Vantagelvr
My Dad lives in a retirement home but we got him out for the weekend as it was his 90th Birthday and fathers day .
As a treat we went out for brunch and I asked him which car are going in the Healey or the Aston ......Guess which he picked .
ha ha! This past mothers day... my 86 year old mom... she wanted drive!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Greetings from Niagara, Ontario, Canada