Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Vantage prices dropping like crazy yet R8 very steady..why?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 05:02 AM
larryg is on a distinguished road
Point well made
Just my craziness

Old 04-23-2017, 08:35 PM
rohnin is on a distinguished road
"I bought it because like somebody already said, I think it's the most beautiful car since the E Type and I just couldn't stand not being able to drive one any longer."

Did I say this? Because I'm pretty sure you could quote me on that (^_^)v

My custom-ordered 2016 Vantage GTS already has over 4000 miles on it. Even if a lot are from sitting in traffic, I just love it.

One day, I'll find a way to get that E-Type, too! And drive it

Old 04-23-2017, 08:54 PM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by rohnin
"I bought it because like somebody already said, I think it's the most beautiful car since the E Type and I just couldn't stand not being able to drive one any longer."

Did I say this? Because I'm pretty sure you could quote me on that (^_^)v

My custom-ordered 2016 Vantage GTS already has over 4000 miles on it. Even if a lot are from sitting in traffic, I just love it.

One day, I'll find a way to get that E-Type, too! And drive it
awesome!

Old 04-24-2017, 09:15 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
I can't imagine owning a car this awesome and not driving it... just having the weather be crappy over the winter and unable to drive if I wanted was killing me!!!

Old 04-24-2017, 09:46 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I'm an idiot. I like driving it so much I don't care what season it is [although I really would have loved to have the heated seats the car was supposed to have to make my **** toasty when the leather is as cold as my ex wife]. No, I didn't drive it IN the snow [yet], I just make sure I have the essentials for a couple days, and if I miscalculate I have local food delivery available

Old 04-24-2017, 12:20 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
An R8 was on my radar when I was looking for a replacement for my Z4 MCoupe, as were Maserati and Aston. I narrowed my search quickly to the R8 and Aston. Whilst the R8 looks good (and is brilliant to drive) it actually looked ordinary beside the vantage, plus the vantage just stirred me emotionally. As great as the R8 is, I would not replace my vantage S for one. That's whats great about most Aston's, there are far more technically advanced and better driving cars out there (and most are cheaper), but there is just something special about an Aston.

Old 04-24-2017, 01:02 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
A good bud I know from the NY auctions owns a big accounting firm in LA and I've visited him when out there to check out his collections. He was buying a 2015 A8 at the same time I was zeroed in on my car when I ran into him in Baltimore and we talked cars the whole time. I asked "you're rich, why are you buying a used 15'? [auto, not stick]", to which he replied "I'm rich, not stupid. I'll let the first guy take the big hit!". To which I replied "I'm stupid not rich. I had to wait till the depreciation put them in my budget!"

Old 04-25-2017, 07:42 PM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
I've never really wanted one, but they are cool cars...

Old 04-25-2017, 08:03 PM
Viper98912 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Redpants
I've never really wanted one, but they are cool cars...

well that's interesting.

Old 04-26-2017, 08:57 AM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Viper98912
well that's interesting.
Hahaha nothing crazy going on - just my V8V and a buddy's R8. We left them in a friend's garage while we all went out for dinner in Baltimore the other night.

Old 04-26-2017, 09:39 AM
AXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to beholdAXARUNNER is a splendid one to behold
I owned an R8 for about one year 2007-2008. Took delivery on it in Europe and drove it on the Autobahn. Reached 152 mph which was exactly 5000 rpm (they said don't go beyond that during its break-in

period.

Old 04-27-2017, 06:35 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I'm OK with the R8, but don't ever look at one and just stare at it. Aston's are like a beautiful woman - when you see one you just can't stop yourself from staring.

As for depreciation, it's all been mentioned already. The combination of british car reputations for being repair prone, people not even considering them as attainable in the first place, but also most sports car buyers are infatuated with paper specifications, and the Vantage just doesn't do well there. Never mind the fact 95% of owners never get to within 7/10 of their cars limits the entire time they own them.

I think if potential buyers would ever see one in person, let alone sit in one and drive it, they would sell more easily and rapidly. As for me, I pretty sure I'm an Aston owner for life now. I can't see myself in another marquee again.

Old 04-27-2017, 06:48 AM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with your statement that if people would see one in person and drive one they would most likely buy one. My son drives a twin turbo 911 and said after driving my 2008 Vantage " Wow I could have bought one of these for half of what I paid for my Porsche". Needless to say he was impressed. When I traded my 09 Vantage for the e63 estate I knew I would have to find another Vantage to buy. I think the Vantage is one of the most beautiful cars ever. I get a kick out of just looking at it. I really have to complement the prior owner for taking such wonderful care of the 08, it is damn near perfect.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1138.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	1,020.9 KB
ID:	475149  
Old 04-27-2017, 09:31 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Gene G
I agree with your statement that if people would see one in person and drive one they would most likely buy one. My son drives a twin turbo 911 and said after driving my 2008 Vantage " Wow I could have bought one of these for half of what I paid for my Porsche". Needless to say he was impressed. When I traded my 09 Vantage for the e63 estate I knew I would have to find another Vantage to buy. I think the Vantage is one of the most beautiful cars ever. I get a kick out of just looking at it. I really have to complement the prior owner for taking such wonderful care of the 08, it is damn near perfect.
That picture is missing a Black car w/ DBS wheels. That is the same spot you took the other pic in

Old 04-27-2017, 11:14 AM
mkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud ofmkzhang has much to be proud of
Man the vantages are such beautiful car, I miss it so much (kind of like my ex, some times lol). The shape, the curve, the size... ahhh

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	10818489_935171663200052_135642663212107645_o.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	238.9 KB
ID:	475155  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.