Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Introduction - HSM Precision

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 07:26 PM
Former Vendor
hsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to behold
Introduction - HSM Precision

I'd like to take the opportunity to introduce myself on this new account. I'd previously posted under the user name messar, but ended up breaking the forum rules for advertising without being a sponsor when I received quite a bit of interest for jack pads that I initially made for myself.

The moderator suggested that I would be able to advertise items for sale by coming on as a sponsor, so this is what I've done.

I have a quite well equipped work shop with CNC milling capability, anodizing, welding. Jack pads are my first product, as they are a very good fit with what I'm able to build, but my hope is to branch out to other products that are not well served by other vendors - I'm able to iterate very quickly since i'm a one stop shop for building parts, and enjoy coming up with creative solutions.

Please have a look at my classifieds add for the jack pads - a big thanks goes out to the forum members who helped with getting the design right for the various vehicles.

Thanks,
Matt

Old 04-23-2017, 07:42 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
Hi Matt...My pads are great. My son was impressed with the red you did on mine. You should post pics of your pads to show the forum members....Good luck....

Old 04-23-2017, 08:03 PM
Former Vendor
hsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to beholdhsm precision is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the kind words. Here is an example of the rear pad for the Vantage S and Roadster - somewhat intricate, but satisfying in a mechanical way

Matt

Old 04-24-2017, 06:17 AM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Matt

Got mine today, so now you are represented on the other side of the Pacific too

Many thanks

Graze

Old 04-24-2017, 10:03 AM
smdzucladoc is on a distinguished road
Those look great. I made my own using polyurethane bmw jack adapters but might have to buy these.

One of the problem with the aston I found was that there is no middle jack point to lift the rear of the car. Sector111 makes a lifting bar that spans the two jack points and you lift on the middle of the bar and then once you raise the car high enough you drop it on the the jack stands. Just an idea.

Old 04-24-2017, 10:21 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
2005 DB9 Need a set of pads in hand by May 18th, can you tackle this. Mine don't have to be anodized. PM me with the details and we can get those done

Old 04-24-2017, 11:03 AM
W126C will become famous soon enough
Here is a link to lift bars from a guy that make them for Porsches. Don't see way Matt couldn't come up with something for Astons.

http://www.liftbars.com/

Name:  LiftBarAni.gif
Views: 620
Size:  324.4 KB

Regards,

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 08-17-2017 at 09:02 PM.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:12 PM
Dalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to beholdDalecannavan is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by W126C
Here is a link to lift bars from a guy that make them for Porsches. Don't see way Matt couldn't come up with something for Astons.

Regards,
Great idea!

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 08-17-2017 at 09:03 PM.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:36 PM
Former Vendor
Hi,

The jacking bar is actually what I had in mind for my next project

Matt

Old 04-24-2017, 06:32 PM
Banned
Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !Redpants Is a GOD !
Jacking bar is an awesome idea, especially if you can make it low enough to get under a lowered car.
Welcome to the paying side of forum membership

Old 04-24-2017, 06:59 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
What is the difference between the Vantage and Vantage S coupe versions?

Old 04-24-2017, 07:01 PM
Aldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud ofAldv has much to be proud of
I must stop reading these forums...My wallet keeps getting lighter when I see these great ideas...Ok Matt make mine in red...

Old 04-24-2017, 07:57 PM
Former Vendor
Deckman - the standard coupe and the S/Roadster have very different undertrays that are really close to the jack points.

I'll post some details showing the differences.

I really wish I could see how they handle the various cars in the factory - every model seems to have a different design.

Matt

Old 04-24-2017, 08:17 PM
drivergmx is a jewel in the roughdrivergmx is a jewel in the roughdrivergmx is a jewel in the rough
I sure could have used a set of these a week ago when I finally had a day off to address some deferred maintenance

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20170415_110416.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	3.48 MB
ID:	475004   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170424_120025.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	3.10 MB
ID:	475006  

Last edited by drivergmx; 04-24-2017 at 08:22 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:18 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I wonder do the different side skirts have different cutouts for the jackpoints? I have a 13 coupe with N400 skirts. There is almost no room for jacking, especially in the rear.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.