Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

HELP: engine system service URGENT/LIMP MODE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 06:14 AM
Dsisco is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by drivergmx
Sounds like throttle the pedal assembly. This happened to my 05 DB9, The left side potetiometer failed sending no signal to the left throttle body. Just prior to failure did you hear a whine via radio feedback?
this could make sense as 1 sensor is reading different according to the AMDS freeze frame,

I might try swap out throttle pedals & see if that fixes it,

Old 06-13-2017, 06:49 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dsisco
No I do not have access to the AMDS, I just borrowed from the garage, the clutch is only a few months old so less than 1000kms, it was installed my aston martin so I am assuming they set up the misfire corrections,

how do I check this? should I bring vehicle back to dealer for them to fix?
as I do not want to get taken for a ride.

is it worth updating the software to the Velocityap software? or should i wait till this issue is sorted,
From my experience, the VelocityAP software is top notch BUT will not solve any of your concerns.

I would get the misfire corrections learned so that you can correctly diagnose the issue. If you go to the dealer, they can confirm if these settings are learned and if required learn/save new factors. This will also be good if you do go the VelocityAP software route in the future, because on your vehicle when an engine flash is done, the misfires are wiped out. By having the dealer load/save a copy, they can just restore the learned settings in under 5 minutes after the VelocityAP file is flashed in.

Old 06-13-2017, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by irish07
From my experience, the VelocityAP software is top notch BUT will not solve any of your concerns.

I would get the misfire corrections learned so that you can correctly diagnose the issue. If you go to the dealer, they can confirm if these settings are learned and if required learn/save new factors. This will also be good if you do go the VelocityAP software route in the future, because on your vehicle when an engine flash is done, the misfires are wiped out. By having the dealer load/save a copy, they can just restore the learned settings in under 5 minutes after the VelocityAP file is flashed in.

I will run the misfire correction procedure today, is there a way of checking it has been learned with AMDS?

also do you know if the aftermarket softwarre will sort out the bugs in the early programing you mention?

Old 06-14-2017, 06:33 AM
Basic Sponsor
Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !Irish07@VelocityAP Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dsisco
I will run the misfire correction procedure today, is there a way of checking it has been learned with AMDS?

also do you know if the aftermarket softwarre will sort out the bugs in the early programing you mention?
Yes in the pids or by trying to save them in the Special App screen.

No, I don't think any aftermarket software will solve the "bugs" in the system. If anything you would need to have the latest dealer software installed to address bug's that might be in the factory software(if not up to date). An aftermarket software is not to address bugs, it's just to increase the power output and/or function with new added aftermarket parts.

Be advised, I'm not stating the misfire factor learn will solve your issue(if it's not stored). I'm just stating if your having issues and the misfire factors are not learned, then your disabling a big key to the PCM helping with even diagnosing a possible misfire, until there learned and confirm saved in the PCM.

Old 06-15-2017, 07:37 PM
Mark8V8 will become famous soon enoughMark8V8 will become famous soon enough
Sounds like a bad throttle pedal. This happened to my Vantage about 4 weeks ago. Easy to remove and install new pedal. For me problem was solved.

Old 06-26-2017, 04:59 PM
UPDATE:

Ok so I had run the misfire correction procedure,

Also while waiting for my new throttle pedal to arrive from overseas, I have fitted an x pipe as the exhaust was much to loud, while they were there I had them replace all 4 02 sensors,

The car seems to have gained torque & is much more responsive, & hasnt faulted since.

could it have been the o2 sensors all along?

Old 06-26-2017, 05:47 PM
Mark8V8 will become famous soon enoughMark8V8 will become famous soon enough
O2 sensors alone would not have put you into Limp Mode.

Old 06-28-2017, 11:21 PM
update: Okay so I have changed pedals, & everything seemed good for about a week,

I started the process to have the ecu tuned, so did a read of my original file to be sent to be modified.

does anyone know if the ecu file read would have wiped the misfire corrections? as its definately not running as smooth since?

ideaS?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.