Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New AM Indy Service Shop - Atlanta

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 09:29 AM
mindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to all
Dropping this here for anyone subscribed to this thread, but not the Atlanta Owners Drive thread:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4672785

Please post on the drive thread if you are interested in joining in - thanks!

Old 03-06-2018, 06:00 AM
superuser is on a distinguished road
Just had the chance to go visit Jason's shop and spent a couple of hours with him talking cars and looking over my v8v. Such a nice guys and a true lover of cool cars that is happy to share his knowledge, I feel super lucky to have him close by!

Cheers,
Daryl

Old 03-06-2018, 12:00 PM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
You're lucky to have a shop like that in your locale. Around Boston, it's the dealer and that's it.

Most places around here do not even want to touch an Aston. Much easier owning a Ferrari in that regards.

Old 03-06-2018, 01:30 PM
jroback is on a distinguished road
I initially took my 07 V8V to MCG for the first couple of years after I bought it. I was happy with their service, but it was expensive. Over the last couple years, I have been using Select Luxury (Marietta). I have been happy with the service, and the price is reasonable. Bryan is the shop manager, and (if I understand correctly) was previously head of service at MCG. Has anyone used both Pannell and Select Luxury? Curious how they compare. . . John

Old 03-11-2018, 03:29 PM
Mike Gray will become famous soon enough
Some of you guys may have seen my thread regarding potential Aston Martin ownership and a nice white V8 Vantage for sale in NC that I am considering. I spotted this thread and figured that, if I wound up with an Aston, I'd certainly need a good tech! Reached out to Jason by email re: ownership and service issues and received a very prompt and helpful response from him. Always great to find qualified independent shops to work on our "special" cars. If I do become an Aston owner, Jason is the first guy I'll search out. Thanks for this very helpful information.

Old 03-11-2018, 08:54 PM
Some of you might have seen my recent post here about a 2013 Vantage V8 I am considering. Obviously, a big concern for me is locating a good independent shop to service the car - particularly when I live about 120 miles south of Atlanta. Not many competent Aston Martin techs in middle Georgia! I saw this thread and sent Jason an email on Friday, inquiring about ownership and service issues and his availability to help me with this car if I do decide to get into the AM world. He responded with a very helpful email, which I really appreciated. Nice to find competent, enthusiastic independent shops to work on our "special" cars. Thanks for this recommendation!

Old 03-19-2018, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by brightoncorgi
You're lucky to have a shop like that in your locale. Around Boston, it's the dealer and that's it.

Most places around here do not even want to touch an Aston. Much easier owning a Ferrari in that regards.
The guys up in Boston are cool also, they did my clutch for me when I lived in CT and stayed after hours to meet me on pickup after work. With that said Jason Pannell is top notch, he was super helpful just recently when I was doing a DIY oil change and needed a little help with a stripped Torx bolt. Jason totally saved the day!

Last edited by superuser; 03-20-2018 at 08:56 AM.
Old 03-20-2018, 06:22 AM
brightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond reputebrightoncorgi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by superuser
The guys up in Boston are cool also, they did my clutch for me when I lived in CT and stayed after hours to meet me on pickup after work.
They are a small dealership, selling only Aston Martin and Lotus. There are only two AM and Lotus dealers in New England. The Waltham, MA dealership are passionate about AM and keep a spotless shop. They do a lot of classic exotic service as well. I'd guess about 30% of their service business is Ferrari and the like.

http://astonmartin-lotus.com/

My Rapide is at the Waltham dealership right now. I have been waiting to receive my Registration from the selling dealership in CA for almost 2 months. This has been a big ordeal that I will create a new thread on once it is complete. I traded in my Vantage for the Rapide and have had to keep the Vantage insured even though the dealership that sold me the Rapide has long sold my Vantage. I am fuming over how crocked the seller is (which happens to be a Lotus dealer).

Old 04-07-2018, 04:44 PM
Vantagedude is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi all,

New to the forum with a 2007 V8V Vert that I purchased a few months ago. I wanted to give a shout out to Jason for my recent annual service at his shop in Alpharetta. He was knowledgeable, honest, offered great recommendations, and above all, thorough and efficient. Thanks Jason

Scott

Old 04-08-2018, 06:56 AM
kwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you for the info, mindscape9, I am in Cumming - just up the road from Pannell. I have a Porsche 997 turbo and I have been thinking about the possibility of a DB9, but going down to MCG for service has been a bit of a turnoff. I think I'll drop in to see Pannell. This could be a tipping point. Also it's surprising to know that there are so many AM owners nearby.

Old 04-12-2018, 12:57 PM
patrija is on a distinguished road
I met with Jason on Tuesday of this week for an annual service and a few improvements to my '09 V8VR. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

.. and soon, keep an eye out for a snarly V8VR prowling Midtown

Old 04-12-2018, 01:57 PM
mindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to allmindscape9 is a name known to all
Can't tell you guys how happy it makes me that you are using Jason and finding him to be a quality alternative to the dealer. He has become a good friend of mine through our mutual love of the Aston marque, and it sounds like he is making friends of some of you as well.

I need to head up there to see him soon for my annual, new tires, and brakes.

I know he had thought about putting a drive together so when I am up there, I'll see if he has made any headway on that.

Old 04-15-2018, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by mindscape9
Can't tell you guys how happy it makes me that you are using Jason and finding him to be a quality alternative to the dealer. He has become a good friend of mine through our mutual love of the Aston marque, and it sounds like he is making friends of some of you as well.

I need to head up there to see him soon for my annual, new tires, and brakes.

I know he had thought about putting a drive together so when I am up there, I'll see if he has made any headway on that.
I would love a drive up to the hills.

-D

Old 04-15-2018, 02:35 PM
In for a drive as well. Gotta get my "new" car to Jason for a once-over! So far, so good, however.

Old 04-15-2018, 02:53 PM
patrija is on a distinguished road
Jason will be adding the VAP powerpack and dual clutch to my ‘09 V8VR this month :-)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New AM Indy Service Shop - Atlanta