6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Aston Martin (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin-39/)
-   -   New AM Indy Service Shop - Atlanta (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/aston-martin/409096-new-am-indy-service-shop-atlanta.html)

mindscape9 06-30-2017 05:56 AM

New AM Indy Service Shop - Atlanta

I know that we are all always on the look out for good AM indy shops, so wanted to let you know about Pannell Motorcars in Atlanta. The owner, Jason Pannell used to be the head AM tech at the Atlanta AM dealer and he left late last year to open up his own shop.

I just had him do an annual service for my car and he was amazing. In and out, went through the entire car with me and was available for any questions I had. What was really refreshing was that not only did he go through things that may need service in the next 12-15 months, he took the time to talk to me about the things that were in good working order, why he checked them, and how I could keep everything in top notch shape. No upselling, price gouging, or talking about things that are un-necessary. On top of that, you can tell he really has a passion for AM cars, which is a great plus in my book.

I previously took my car to the dealer for most major service and technical issues and Jason was always the guy that worked on my car. When I found out he was opening his own shop, taking it to him instead of the dealer was a no brainer for me.

If you are in the Atlanta area, I'd highly recommend checking out his shop and seeing how you feel about it him. He also told me that he has worked with Stuart on a few things since opening his shop, so would be a great place for AP mods if you are thinking about any.

superuser 06-30-2017 10:23 AM

That's is awesome, I am moving north of Atlanta in two weeks.

Thanks Daryl

davidm17 06-30-2017 12:38 PM

Thanks for the info. Written down for future reference.

mindscape9 06-30-2017 03:20 PM

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Montana107 07-01-2017 02:44 AM

Thanks for the information!

patrija 07-05-2017 12:32 PM

That's great!

sonies 08-01-2017 09:55 AM

wish there was a person like this in the city of Chicago :(

mindscape9 08-09-2017 12:04 PM

Hey guys - went by the shop last week and thought I would post a quick update.

For those of you in this area, Jason got a major upgrade to his capabilities recently by acquiring a AMDS system from Aston Martin. This, combined with the fact that he was the head AM tech at the local dealership before striking out on his own, means he can pretty much do anything that an authorized dealer can do.

Thought that this was a significant change (and investment for him) so felt like I should update this thread.

Cheers!

GA_DB9 08-12-2017 09:25 AM

mindscape9, Thanks for mentioning Pannell Motorcars. I wouldn't have known Jason was there otherwise. AND he's right around the corner from us.

We brought home our first Aston, a 2007 DB9 with sport pack, almost two months ago. Six weeks later it developed a transmission cooler leak. I dreaded the thought of having to take it to the dealership so when I saw this thread I figured I'd give Jason a shot. After talking with him on the phone it was clear he was very knowledgeable and is quite passionate about our cars. He repaired the trans leak and did a yearly service as well. He took the time to explain everything he found, gave me background on the cars, and gave me the rundown of what to keep an eye out for in the future.

As a new Aston owner I couldn't have been happier with how we were treated at his shop. Thank you, Jason. We will definitely be back!

Charles

mindscape9 08-12-2017 06:35 PM

GA.. That's awesome.. I'm really happy to hear that Jason was able to get you taken care of! He's a great guy and works hard, so glad to hear that you felt good about the work he did.

superuser 08-29-2017 08:20 PM

I just looked on google maps, he is only 5 miles from my house, I would love to go to a meet up.

patrija 08-31-2017 07:46 AM

I'll also have to run up and check out the new shop. It's a hike from Midtown .. and have to drive past Motorcars, but the drive should be nice!

GA_DB9 08-31-2017 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by aasemkhan (Post 4661151)
Met Charles (couple of posts above) while I was there as well. Funny that I was two days late buying that car from Texas, and I see it parked when I went to pick up mine from service. What are the odds :-)

Was great to meet you when we were there. My girlfriend and I still get a kick out of telling that story. Seriously small world.

mindscape9 09-02-2017 03:36 AM

Never thought my small post would spawn friendships as well!

I'm glad you guys gave Jason a try and really glad that he came through for you. I've known him for a few years now and he's a fantastic guy and mechanic.

Last time i was in the shop he mentioned a drive to me as well and I would definitely love to join in. Count me in when we get scheduled!

davidm17 09-07-2017 01:26 PM

Not that I need an excuse to drive the Vantage, but it's always cool to meet up with folks and go for a drive. Post on here when something is setup.