Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New GTS price / negotiation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 01:10 PM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by goto35
Personally I would get the used $75k one. But I'm cheap.
since that applies to me as well I like to call it practical or frugal

Old 07-07-2017, 01:47 PM
MikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by norbert6speed
Another bonus for the new car is that until the end of September Aston is offering free maintenance for 3 years on all 2016s.
Originally Posted by Mathman85
Cars should never be viewed as an investment. Depreciation--big depreciation--should be the expected norm, and you should be delighted if that doesn't end up being the case.

I would absolutely jump on that GTS.
nobody is thinking investment, but I disagree about big depreciation, at least if you are willing to go lightly used. The new aston will lose the entire value in 3 years of the 996tt I'm selling now.

But, this is all personal, and I'm still mulling things over and considering the new one. I have already been looking seriously for 6 months. Appreciate the data and comments.

Last edited by MikeR397; 07-07-2017 at 01:50 PM.
Old 07-07-2017, 04:30 PM
Hedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the roughHedged is a jewel in the rough
One other consideration with 2014 vs new is the haptic controls and look of the newer console; again, a personal choice. As for the warranty and free maintenance, I would estimate less than half the cost differential for new for the same three year coverage on a $75K 2014, albeit with potential for some gaps between the original and extended warranties. Of course, as I own a 2014 manual roadster, I really don't want to think what that will sell for in another 3 years!

Old 07-07-2017, 04:33 PM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Hedged
One other consideration with 2014 vs new is the haptic controls and look of the newer console
This is a good point, actually... part of the reason I bought a 2015 in 2016 is because I saw the new haptic feedback controls and said "nope, not in a car."

Old 07-07-2017, 05:06 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
As far as finding out the different equipment for the GTS sport versus luxury. I found the website Edmonds has some pretty good information if the Aston Martin Owner’s Guide does not. Or ask the dealer.
Ron

Old 07-08-2017, 03:27 PM
MikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant future
There is also this 16 GTS, although luxury package and not sport asking $110k

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2016-Aston-M...9ZWAXi&vxp=mtr

Not a fan of the colors myself, but just an example to compare to the $116k car I was otherwise looking at deal wise.

Old 07-10-2017, 04:28 AM
oldfool is on a distinguished road
I bought my 2012 Vantage s drop top new for 155k out the door it had a msrp of 179500 and it is loaded. It's worth maybe 75k now and I think of the hit I took buying new but when I drive it I always say this is a great car. But if you can get what you want for 75k go for it.

Old 07-12-2017, 04:13 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I think it depends on what value you place on 30-40k of dollars. If you have lots of them and can count on have lot's more of them coming in the future, it may not mean that much compared to the joy of taking a delivery of a new Aston. Or you may be a person who can't stomach the idea of losing those dollars when you can get a almost new version while saving the difference.

It's also much easier to just walk in a buy a new one. The value of time is a consideration as well.

Old 07-13-2017, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the opinions. I'm going to pass on the new GTS. I don't mind spending $120k on a car, but I know I am going to mind losing $40k in 3 years on my 5th vehicle. I might think differently if there were more differences between a 14 with low miles and sport exhaust/suspension and a 16GTS, but the differences don't justify the damage to the pocket book IMHO.

I'm trying to agree on a price on the used one I'm looking at, but seems the dealer wants to get pretty much their full asking price so we are at a bit of a stalemate. I'm still looking for a lower mile tungsten or meteorite 09+ manual coupe in the mean time, hopefully make a deal soon otherwise I'm going to start looking for a GT350R or M2/3.

Last edited by MikeR397; 07-13-2017 at 02:27 PM.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:27 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by MikeR397
Thanks for the opinions. I'm going to pass on the new GTS. I don't mind spending $120k on a car, but I know I am going to mind losing $40k in 3 years on my 5th vehicle. I might think differently if there were more differences between a 14 with low miles and sport exhaust/suspension and a 16GTS, but the differences don't justify the damage to the pocket book IMHO.

I'm trying to agree on a price on the used one I'm looking at, but seems the dealer wants to get pretty much their full asking price so we are at a bit of a stalemate. I'm still looking for a lower mile tungsten or meteorite 09+ manual coupe in the mean time, hopefully make a deal soon otherwise I'm going to start looking for a GT350R or M2/3.
You do realize the Mustang and BMW are dime a dozen cars right? And they don't compare in any way to a AM. (now is where you say but its the GT350R and a M series). Still a Mustang and most people nowadays can't tell the difference between a 6 cylinder and a GT, let alone a 3 series, 3 series coupe (oops I mean a 4 series), or a baby 2 series. I got the who care what others think, and I agree, but those cars have no comparison overall.

It takes about 6 months or so for someone to find the perfect AM for them. Sometimes it by the financial deal, or specific color and options. But it takes time to find a really good one that will keep you happy.

I know a dealer friend has sold 3x 2015 AM V8V Gt s this year and all had 10k miles on them and were around 80k. So the newer ones are out there in good kit at great prices. But, a 09 Silver one (insert Tungsten, Meteorite etc...) shouldn't be too hard to find in great conditions. There are several on cars.com right now with decent low mileage and manual tranny. From low 50's to 65k. If you would go for black with black or tan interior there are I think 3 w/ manual trannies with less than 10k miles for a great price.

What I did notice was there is a lesser amount of manuals available.

Old 07-14-2017, 12:11 PM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
$75K for a 14 with low miles seems like a pretty good deal to me. Especially from a dealer. I don't think you could do much better. The 2012-2014 cars seem to go for about the same price with similar mileage as they are pretty much the same cars. Remember that for 2012.5+ cars you get bigger brakes, a quicker steering rack, and a couple other things I think. You'll probably pay less for a pre-2012 car, but you do lose a few things.

David

Old 07-14-2017, 01:16 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
I traded my 2015 GT at Napleton Aston Martin in Chicago on a V12S - it's Alloro green with a light grey interior, SportShift, 12,000 miles and they certified the car according to the ad. They are selling it for essentially what they paid me for it on a trade, so it's a good deal and a very nice car.

Old 07-15-2017, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by davidm17
$75K for a 14 with low miles seems like a pretty good deal to me. Especially from a dealer. I don't think you could do much better. The 2012-2014 cars seem to go for about the same price with similar mileage as they are pretty much the same cars. Remember that for 2012.5+ cars you get bigger brakes, a quicker steering rack, and a couple other things I think. You'll probably pay less for a pre-2012 car, but you do lose a few things.

David
Thanks, I knew about some of those 2012 changes but not all.

Done deal, I got the 14 for $75k plus $750 of dealer fees. They were at $85k ask a few weeks ago so I'm happy with the deal, but it did take 1+ weeks of negotiation. I think I'll be every bit as happy with this 1 owner low Mile car vs the new one, and my wallet will be much happier if I ever go to sell it. Will post pics and details when I get delivery, but it's half way across the country. Working on shipping now.

Cant wait to get it here!

Last edited by MikeR397; 07-15-2017 at 08:54 AM.
Old 07-15-2017, 10:26 AM
larryg is on a distinguished road
Mike,
Although I advocated for the new car, it seems like you bought a great car at a very attractive price.
Well done

Old 07-15-2017, 01:08 PM
oldfool is on a distinguished road
10,000 for a weeks work isn't bad. Have fun with your Vantage.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.