Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

New GTS price / negotiation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 07:55 PM
MikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant future
New GTS price / negotiation

I'm in the market for a 4.7L manual V8 Vantage in one of the silver/gray colors. I have been looking at the used market for quite some time, but pickings for this spec have been pretty thin, with prices all over the board. Today, I was offered a new 2016 Vantage GTS with $143k MSRP for ~$116.5k. I haven't paid much attention to new cars as I see all too well the $30k haircut that happens after 2-3 years and 5k miles (which is why I'm targeting a ~14MY otherwise), but I'm struggling to find what I want and am getting less patient.

Anyone have data/thoughts on the $116k number for a new 16 GTS? I'm mostly concerned about the depreciation and not the number itself. I was thinking closer to $105k would be a solid deal and protect against some depreciation. The problem is this is a car that is listed on the major sites, but the local Aston dealer has already made a call in to them, so I'm basically paying 2 dealer markups or running around my local dealer.

Finally, this is the sport version of the GTS. Does that mean it has the Sport exhaust, or basically Vantage S's exhaust? I already think I'd have to change wheels to the 10 spoke version, don't really want to feel the need to do exhaust right away too!

TIA

Old 07-06-2017, 10:39 PM
Ron Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to beholdRon Avery is a splendid one to behold
That sounds like a good price. If the car has the options and color you like buy it.
Check the Aston Martin web site for what the sport and luxury Vantages come with.in August 2016 I purchased my 2016 Vantage GT. It had 2800 miles on it. Aston used it has a press car. So I was able the buy it for $120k the sticker was $143k.
Ron

Old 07-07-2017, 04:25 AM
larryg is on a distinguished road
While it's true that these cars depreciate significantly, there is something special about purchasing a new Aston.
To me that sounds like a very reasonable deal and soon there will be no new Vantage's left.
It is even possible that prices may stabilize once the remaining new cars are sold.
If you like the colors, options, etc, buy it!

Old 07-07-2017, 05:07 AM
Senatorblutarsky will become famous soon enoughSenatorblutarsky will become famous soon enough
I totally agree with the other posters. If you like the color and options, then this is a very good deal. You have got to figure that the dealer(s) are giving up most of their margin in this deal. If you could save $10,000 by buying the same car with 2,000 miles on it, would you?

You get the bonus of a full manufacturer warranty, the bonus of being the first one to drive the car so you will always know how it has been cared for. I have been looking for another used car on the internet recently. I saw a 2010 car yesterday that already showed 8 owners! Needless to say this is an extreme, but if you were to resell the car next year you are better off if the carfax shows one owner instead of two.

If there is one area that you can gain some value besides purchase price i would think that you may be able to buy an extended warranty at the same time and get the dealer to give up some of their margin on that. After the sale, they have no incentive to mark it down. Likewise, you may be able to pre-pay or get them to throw in a service at a discount.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:02 AM
MikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant future
I'm basically at $116k for new in my favorite color. I'll lose $35k+ in depreciation in 3 years and 5k miles probably.

Otherwise, ~$75k for a 2014 with same options, one owner, and 5k miles from an Aston dealer. Only trade off for me is its lightning silver and I prefer tungsten or meterorite, although lightning is growing on me. This used is otherise perfect.

Also a nice one owner black 3k mike 14 for same price, but I'm over black cars.

Old 07-07-2017, 10:18 AM
goto35 will become famous soon enoughgoto35 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by MikeR397
I'm basically at $116k for new in my favorite color. I'll lose $35k+ in depreciation in 3 years and 5k miles probably.

Otherwise, ~$75k for a 2014 with same options, one owner, and 5k miles from an Aston dealer. Only trade off for me is its lightning silver and I prefer tungsten or meterorite, although lightning is growing on me. This used is otherise perfect.

Also a nice one owner black 3k mike 14 for same price, but I'm over black cars.
Your forgetting new comes with 3 years unlimited mile warranty!

Old 07-07-2017, 10:25 AM
norbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nice
Another bonus for the new car is that until the end of September Aston is offering free maintenance for 3 years on all 2016s.

Old 07-07-2017, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by norbert6speed
Another bonus for the new car is that until the end of September Aston is offering free maintenance for 3 years on all 2016s.
OMG that in it self is worth $5-10k.

Old 07-07-2017, 10:43 AM
yankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond reputeyankee04 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MikeR397
Only trade off for me is its lightning silver and I prefer tungsten or meterorite, although lightning is growing on me. This used is otherise perfect.
What about white with gray?

http://www.foreigncarsitalia.com/veh...nc-id-13964862

Old 07-07-2017, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by norbert6speed
good to know! Don't really expect many issues on the 4.7 vantages and I can do my own basic maintenance, but it helps close the gap. Still takes a lotta issues and fluid changes for $35k in 3 years though.

anyone know if the gts sport has a sport exhaust like the S?

Old 07-07-2017, 11:14 AM
norbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nicenorbert6speed is just really nice
Sports exhaust has been the standard and only option on all 430hp Vantages as far as I know.

Old 07-07-2017, 11:29 AM
Mathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of lightMathman85 is a glorious beacon of light
Cars should never be viewed as an investment. Depreciation--big depreciation--should be the expected norm, and you should be delighted if that doesn't end up being the case.

I would absolutely jump on that GTS.

Old 07-07-2017, 11:31 AM
sonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud ofsonies has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by yankee04
he stated he wants a manual

cool looking combo though

Old 07-07-2017, 11:43 AM
davidm17 is on a distinguished road
I think it depends on whether you think it's worth $40k to get exactly the color you want. The warranty and maintenance make up some of that difference. Warranty doesn't cover brakes and clutch, though. I personally wouldn't care too much about the "experience" of buying a new car and it sounds like you don't really either. So it comes down to money and how you feel about it.

The other option is to wait for the perfect used car to come along. I looked for about 6 months till I found the right one. I ruled out black like you and was mainly looking at the silver cars; I didn't have a particular color though. I would have loved to find a green one that was what I wanted, but those are rare and I would have been waiting a long time. Lightning silver is a cool color, but definitely on the lighter side.

David

Old 07-07-2017, 12:34 PM
Personally I would get the used $75k one. But I'm cheap.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.