Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Decent Aston Appearance at the British Royal Car Show Minneapolis

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 08:05 PM
spinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to beholdspinecho is a splendid one to behold
Good stuff!

Old 09-12-2017, 08:08 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
There was no evidence of an accident, but then, there were no records prior to the certification that could be produced to me. All I know is that there was an order for new paint, wheels, and tires at certification around 21,000 miles. In the 6 weeks I had the car among other things was Cruise did not work right, nav did not work, weird warnings including hood open (it was not), urgent- airbag fault, left headlight LED failed, right headlight would not level all the time, an incredibly pitted windscreen, cracked piano black, It was just too much for what I assumed would be a relatively trouble free experience buying Timeless Certified. I just don't know for sure nor at this stage do I care who instigated what. It cost me aggravation, attorneys fees, investigation fees, time away from making an income, and three weeks of sleepless nights - it cost Aston too. I feel they really did right by me - restoring my faith in the company.

Old 09-12-2017, 08:35 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I'm very happy you finally came to your senses because with what we already knew, the fish stank from the head down. And the fact they made it right, while admirable, the fish still stinks because they're not going to change the practice that put you in that car to begin with, they'll just suck it up if they get caught again by somebody doing their due diligence like a dog locked on a bone. So congratulations, you got a better car [I believe, you'll have to fill us in on the history behind this car!!] and a better deal, but you really need to paint those calipers another color, I really don't like yellow on black

And no way you can let this dog lie without filling us in on the rest of the details that made you finally come to your senses! :lol:

We typed at the same time.

That car was a mess, and don't think it's going to a junkyard, they may dial some trouble out of it, but it's going to be sold again to another unsuspecting soul in search of his dream experience, that may turn into another nightmare. At least it's no longer your nightmare!

Last edited by HabitualOffender; 09-12-2017 at 08:40 PM.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:09 PM
Prefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud ofPrefurbia has much to be proud of
The interior trim has yellow in it, so there is some match but I do agree, but can live with it. I did absolutely state what I thought of this practice, and was communicating with people at board level, so hopefully there are changes, if not I certainly will not be the last case like this. As far as sold again to an unsuspecting client, I'm pretty sure in this case, the history will be disclosed and the pricing will reflect it's past. Hopefully there will be changes, but I'm just the customer. As far as my current car, it's one owner with the previous owner named, local to Minneapolis, bought in Minneapolis so it's pretty safe bet.

Old 09-12-2017, 09:39 PM
Graze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to allGraze is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Prefurbia
OK, I'm not going to get into details, but the more I discovered, the worse my story got, to the point I could not sleep nights dwelling on it. In the end, this afternoon, Aston Martin replaced my 22,000 mile car that I had also paid for a ceramic coating, 3M protection and an extra year warranty - working through Morries Aston Martin in Minneapolis, with another, almost the same colors and options as previous V12S with 8,000 miles- at no cost to me. Including redoing the ceramic and 3M and adding that extra year to the existing 1.5 year left on the original warranty. Morries Aston Martin did an amazing job servicing me - even though I originally bought the V12S at Napleton. They even got me a lower interest rate so essentially reducing my overall initial cost. The Aston Martin company, and their local dealer, did the right thing and restored my faith in Aston Martin and the people behind it . So this is my 8th Aston and my 5th Vantage in 3 decades of owning them!
So pleased to hear you got a good outcome notwithstanding the angst you had to go through

lovely looking car by the way - Enjoy

Graeme

Old 09-12-2017, 09:57 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
Fantastic it's a one owner local car with history. You'll know within a month if it has bugs, but I'd be willing to bet you're just going to be able to enjoy this one, and sleep at night!

Old 09-13-2017, 04:37 AM
handyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond reputehandyman2009 has a reputation beyond repute
Excellent ending, congrats on the new V12S

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.