Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

AM Service in FL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 04:28 AM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
AM Service in FL

If you are in Florida, where do you get your Aston Martin serviced ?
I have been taking my DB9 to Orlando dealership and looking to take to another service center in future.
Appreciate your input.

Old 09-06-2017, 12:46 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Assume there isn't a dealer in Jacksonville?
I am north of Tampa and I use the dealer in Orlando , even though there is one in saint pertersburg (Tampa)

Old 09-06-2017, 12:47 PM
embdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to beholdembdenb is a splendid one to behold
Saint Petersburg (blame auto correct)

Old 09-07-2017, 11:51 AM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Indy shop in Melbourne FL about an hour east of Orlando. Very reasonably... very knowledgeable.

Old 09-08-2017, 04:50 PM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
No dealer in Jacksonville. I have been taking my DB9 to Orlando dealer. But seeing issues. See my other thread ... https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ea-panels.html

Looks like they don't have any Quality Control. So trying to find another.

Originally Posted by embdenb
Assume there isn't a dealer in Jacksonville?
I am north of Tampa and I use the dealer in Orlando , even though there is one in saint pertersburg (Tampa)

Old 09-08-2017, 04:50 PM
Can you send me address. Feel free to PM me.

Originally Posted by MRCW
Indy shop in Melbourne FL about an hour east of Orlando. Very reasonably... very knowledgeable.

Old 09-09-2017, 10:25 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by cuddapah
No dealer in Jacksonville. I have been taking my DB9 to Orlando dealer. But seeing issues. See my other thread ... https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ea-panels.html

Looks like they don't have any Quality Control. So trying to find another.
I am assuming your work in Orlando was possibly warranty work.

A complaint is definitely in order for misaligned panels, improper re-attachement of them etc...... People make mistakes, but someone should have caught that before you picked it up.

AM North America is where people usually go for a dealer issue. I would slightly caution if that is a thought. Tell the dealer what the issue is, and ask why it even happened. Allow them to fix their mistake. But, since your drive is about 2-3 hours to get to them, so time gas and wear and tear, ask what they suggest to compensate you. But allow them to work it. Then and only if you never plan to go back there, tell AM NA. Reason why I say this, if the dealers don't ever know about an issue, then they can fix the problem so some other owner doesn't get the same. Sometimes they appreciate this. Other times, they ignore, but when the complaint is raised to AM NA a black ball effect can occur. Seen it with MB on a brand new E63 AMG. Anyway just wanted to give some thoughts on the actual issue.

I will likely be in Tampa in 2019 or sooner with my DB9, so will have to dive into the dealer mess. Hence my paying attention to this.

Old 09-09-2017, 10:59 AM
Yep, it is warranty work. When I first bought the car, there was some wind noise. Tech tried to fix and may have broken something else. Every now and then I can hear metallic rubbing noise which they couldn't figure it out (or ignoring me) for more than 2 years now. So I reached out to AM UK. They directed AM NA to contact me. AM NA assured they will get the issues fixed. Even after 3 weeks there has been little or no progress except my car is being disassembled part by part without knowing what they are looking for. I left couple of voice messages for AM NA. AM NA's email intended for the dealership was accidentally sent to me. Seeing that email, I was shocked to learn how AM sees their customers. Anyways, after contacting AM UK again, AM NA had the car put back and transported the car to me until their rep arrives here later this month to test drive the car and have the issues fixed.

Here are pictures of couple of more QC issues I found so far:
1. Leather near driver's foot got damaged. I don't know what kind of people they have working on my car.
2. In the trunk/boot, wires are hanging out now. Looks like they broke the plastic tabs. Dealer said they had one tech ride in the trunk to isolate another noise issue.

AMs are nice cars. I am not sure if they have any good service here in USA - not nearby me I can say.

Originally Posted by SheriffDep
I am assuming your work in Orlando was possibly warranty work.

A complaint is definitely in order for misaligned panels, improper re-attachement of them etc...... People make mistakes, but someone should have caught that before you picked it up.

AM North America is where people usually go for a dealer issue. I would slightly caution if that is a thought. Tell the dealer what the issue is, and ask why it even happened. Allow them to fix their mistake. But, since your drive is about 2-3 hours to get to them, so time gas and wear and tear, ask what they suggest to compensate you. But allow them to work it. Then and only if you never plan to go back there, tell AM NA. Reason why I say this, if the dealers don't ever know about an issue, then they can fix the problem so some other owner doesn't get the same. Sometimes they appreciate this. Other times, they ignore, but when the complaint is raised to AM NA a black ball effect can occur. Seen it with MB on a brand new E63 AMG. Anyway just wanted to give some thoughts on the actual issue.

I will likely be in Tampa in 2019 or sooner with my DB9, so will have to dive into the dealer mess. Hence my paying attention to this.

Attached Images   
Old 09-09-2017, 01:16 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
The trunk rubber wire boot, slides into that slot. IF you look at the boot, there is a bottom part and top part where something like a O-Ring would go. That part of the boot slips in the carpet. If you tug or pull directly at that corner where the hole is, just a small 3" part will fold out. Then slide your boot onto the carpet covering the hole, then push the 3" flap back into the corner with the tip of it pushing behind the right side panel carpet.

I only know this, due to trying to replace my 2005 trunk lid with a 2013 trunk lid. Same boot used in all years. I found out my trunk lid carpet is not the same as the 2013, so have to get a new one, plus my wiring plug for the trunk wires, does not match the OEM one used in 2005. So have to work a generic plug into mine. But will do that sometime next year likely. Hope this helps at least fix that issue asap for you.

Old 09-09-2017, 01:42 PM
Thanks! I will check it out. I noticed they tried to attach it with black tape. But it didn’t hold. Will follow your instructions for now and get it replaced.

Originally Posted by SheriffDep
The trunk rubber wire boot, slides into that slot. IF you look at the boot, there is a bottom part and top part where something like a O-Ring would go. That part of the boot slips in the carpet. If you tug or pull directly at that corner where the hole is, just a small 3" part will fold out. Then slide your boot onto the carpet covering the hole, then push the 3" flap back into the corner with the tip of it pushing behind the right side panel carpet.

I only know this, due to trying to replace my 2005 trunk lid with a 2013 trunk lid. Same boot used in all years. I found out my trunk lid carpet is not the same as the 2013, so have to get a new one, plus my wiring plug for the trunk wires, does not match the OEM one used in 2005. So have to work a generic plug into mine. But will do that sometime next year likely. Hope this helps at least fix that issue asap for you.

Old 09-09-2017, 02:35 PM
randyb will become famous soon enoughrandyb will become famous soon enough
Well DImmit in Tampa is not a place I take my car, have talked to their service reps many times and they definitely do not know AM's. Parts dept is good though, but after talking to their service reps, I do not want to take a chance on their techs being the same as the reps.
Always hear good things about Orlando, guess that leaves Ft. Lauderdale or the indy in Melbourne.

Old 09-09-2017, 04:26 PM
AM NA and also sales say the tech at Orlando Dealership has been awarded best tech (by AM of course). AM NA says he has been trained at the factory in UK to work on DB11 also. I always insist only he work on my car. But I have been noticing some issues not being fixed for 1 year and 2 years. He does do a great job repairing flats. Maybe he is being rushed to work on many cars on the same day at the same time or doesn't care the quality of work. To err is human. But these two are inexcusable:
1. Leaving wrench in the hood - see my other thread https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...b9-issues.html

2. Panels not aligned .. have to question their quality control - see my other thread https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ea-panels.html

Originally Posted by randyb
Well DImmit in Tampa is not a place I take my car, have talked to their service reps many times and they definitely do not know AM's. Parts dept is good though, but after talking to their service reps, I do not want to take a chance on their techs being the same as the reps.
Always hear good things about Orlando, guess that leaves Ft. Lauderdale or the indy in Melbourne.

Last edited by cuddapah; 09-09-2017 at 05:21 PM.
Old 09-09-2017, 05:33 PM
Went there (DIMMIT) several times spring 2016 to get the feel if I wanted a V8V or a DB9. Never went further into a test drive, didnt want to waste their time, but realized the sales guys had no real clue about the cars.

Same for Foreign Cars Italia AM in Charlotte. Stopped by there for a pair of side markers for my DB9, and got bombarded by sales guys (only because they knew I drove up in a DB9). Now I will say the Charlotte AM guys were very professional and respectful, but I felt like a portion was kissing my ***, and the other portion was handing me cards trying to get me to buy something. But, a lot of dealers don't know their products as much as they should. This is normal I think.

Forget any knowledge when it comes to taking care of the paint. PAINT CORRECTION???? Hell that is like speaking Alien to them. I have seen more swirled and horrible paint conditions on new AMs at dealers than anywhere else. ITs is normal.

Must say-----AM Washington DC always treated me with utmost professionalism. The GM passed away a few years ago, but was one of the best. I believe many others on here have spoken fairly highly of them too. Just if members read this.

Old 09-09-2017, 05:35 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Cuddapah I'm in Saint Johns also. I haven't needed service yet. I do most of the required maintenance myself. The diy videos from Redpants are a lot of help. I did have the car tuned by Eurocharge Orlando. Hope you are staying safe with the upcoming storm. Hope to see you at some of the local cruise in's or at Cars and Coffee.

Old 09-09-2017, 07:25 PM
MRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond reputeMRCW has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cuddapah
Can you send me address. Feel free to PM me.
british performance inc. Melbourne, FL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.