Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

DB9 Leather panels near doors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 10:09 AM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
DB9 Leather panels near doors

I am trying to isolate noise in my 2015 DB9. Gently tapping inside the car, I found the panels next to the doors are loose. I am a newbie ... are these panels supposed to be loose or secured? Any DIY to secure these panels ?

Passenger Side
Driver Side

Last edited by cuddapah; 09-12-2017 at 10:20 AM.
Old 09-12-2017, 11:29 AM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
The older DB9's has issues with leather squeaking near the back windows or on that upper panel area in the back.

I believe the Warranty fix for those was to remove, and add a strip of foam to the sections, then re-install. That would tighten up those areas and attempt to prevent movement. Might be what you need, is to just tighten up the fittings so they are more solid, which a strip of foam on the back or sides to make the fit tighter would work.

Just some ideas, but maybe tell them warranty. But I think you have had enough of their warranty issues. Speedracer800 typically knows how to remove all panels inside a DB9, and although his experience is on his DBS or my DB9, they likely fit or are the same parts. See if you can get his response about this.

Old 09-12-2017, 12:06 PM
cuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond reputecuddapah has a reputation beyond repute
The problem is drive to dealer roughly takes 2.5hrs and about 120miles each way. Even though under warranty, if I can do it myself, I would like to do ii.
I am waiting for speedracer800’s response in another thread.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.