Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

"Alarm System Service Required" - 2012 V12V

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 01:34 PM
supraholic will become famous soon enoughsupraholic will become famous soon enough
"Alarm System Service Required" - 2012 V12V

Hi All,

A couple of weeks ago, I got the "Alarm System Service Required" message on the gauge cluster display of my 2012 V12V. After searching this forum, I found the answer and quickly ordered the correct alarm sounder unit (hi-spec w/tilt sensor) from AstonBits (they confirmed the part number using my VIN). The new unit I received from AstonBits looked identical and had a manufacturing date of March 2017 printed on the label.

I replaced the unit today. I expected the message to disappear once starting the car after replacing the unit (based on what I've read on the forum). But to my surprise, the message is still there. Now I'm wondering if the code on my car needs to be cleared with AMDS? My nearest dealer is 90-minute drive so I'd like to avoid it...

Any other tidbits or words of wisdom that I should try before I schedule a dealer visit?

Thanks,
Dan

Old 09-01-2017, 02:02 PM
supraholic will become famous soon enoughsupraholic will become famous soon enough
UPDATE: I locked and unlocked the car with the key FOB. Got back in the car and started it. Alarm service required message is cleared! Not sure if it was this procedure or simply because it took a few minutes for the new unit to sync with the ECU. Anyway, I'm back in business...hopefully this helps anyone else who may stumble upon this in the future.

Old 09-04-2017, 01:38 AM
minming will become famous soon enough
If you had a dead battery right before this, that could also be the reason. If that is the case, trickle charging the battery (make sure car is turned off) for a while and starting the car again will clear the "Alarm system" error.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.